Old 29th April 2010, 21:56   #1
bugslayer

Scrobbling

Hello!
First of all thank you for that great piece of software! I am amazed that it works that well. There is only one thing that isn't working properly: the scrobbling.

If I choose to submit my tracks when the Ipod is connected to the computer it works fine, and it scrobbles everything I listen to on my Ipod and on Winamp.
But if I choose to scrobble the tracks directly from Winamp he is not scrobbling the tracks from my Ipod. It would be great if this problem could be fixed. Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong?! Has somebody else experienced the same problem?
bugslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2010, 21:08   #2
usamytch

Last.fm plugin + mlipod scrobbling problem

Good day!

I have the same problem. First, I installed Last.fm plugin for Winamp and it worked fine. Then I installed mlipod with scrobbling support. Scrobbling from iPod worked fine, but scrobbling directly from Winamp playlist had turned off and Last.fm application had ceased to start automatically when starting Winamp. Simply speaking, Last.fm plugin had turned off after installing mlipod.

When I reinstalled Last.fm plugin, inversely scrobbling from iPod had turned off.

How can I overcome this issue?
usamytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 13:47   #3
DrO

@usamytch: you can't easily overcome what you're posted about as there are two Last.fm plug-ins - the one they provide and the external version (with ipod modifications). the external one has no interaction with their client (as you're seeing) and the official version has no ipod integration (as you're seeing). so you've got to choose between one or the other or hope the fix their official plug-in to support ipod scrobbling (as the external version won't be converted to work with the client as thet defeats the point of the external version).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 13:04   #4
bugslayer

Hey,

I figured out a new problem. I got over the issue I mentioned above, after all it is not such a big deal. For me it is most important that in the end all scrobbles will be sent to last.fm. But that is exactly not working at the moment. Yesterday I listened 3 times to an album (to every track on it) but every track from that album was only scrobbled once. The playtime in my library is correctly at 3 for each track (so synch. is obviously working properly-> it has to be a problem with the scrobbling). I listened to music with winamp and with my ipod on that day.

I already have an idea what could be the problem: Before this incident it came to my attention that the Ipod when looking at the scrobbles in last.fm seems to be one hour ahead of the correct time. (when I listened to a track at 8:15 it was 7:15 on the last.fm scrobbles).
The Ipod always has the right time setting after I connect it to the pc (I will have a look at it when it hasn't been connected to the pc for like 2 days, and report it here).

I suppose that some tracks aren't scrobbled is because the scrobbles from winamp and the scrobbles from the ipod are overlapping in time.

In my first post I forgot to give the information on what I'm using, sorry!:
Winamp 5.572 with ml_ipod release v3.09
Ipod classic 160gb 08. Generation (model: mc297 hope 8. generation is correct)

To sum up the problems with ml_ipod 3.09:
01. issue: When I choose: "submit scrobbles directly, even when there is no ipod connected" in the ml_ipod 3.09 settings, the scrobbles from my ipod won't be collected. The first option in the last.fm settings of ml_ipod: submit "scrobblings directly only when the ipod is connected" works, but:
02. issue: not all the scrobbles are sent to last.fm.

My Questions:
Has anyone experienced the same problem?
And if so did you find a way to fix it?
Are the developers aware of that problem and are they going to fix it?

I hope my english isn't to bad and that you understand what I mean.
If not please feel free to ask.

@usamytch
Quote:
Good day!

I have the same problem. First, I installed Last.fm plugin for Winamp and it worked fine. Then I installed mlipod with scrobbling support. Scrobbling from iPod worked fine, but scrobbling directly from Winamp playlist had turned off and Last.fm application had ceased to start automatically when starting Winamp. Simply speaking, Last.fm plugin had turned off after installing mlipod.

When I reinstalled Last.fm plugin, inversely scrobbling from iPod had turned off.

How can I overcome this issue?
To clarify what I mentioned above is regarding ml_ipod release v3.09, not the ipod plugin that comes with winamp nor the last.fm software. My problem is only regarding ml_ipod 3.09. If you want your tracks from ipod and winamp beeing scrobbled use only ml_ipod 3.09
and select: only scrobble if ipod is connected. That is the only way it worked for me (with the problems mentioned in this thread).

Regards,
bugslayer
bugslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 11:43   #5
DrO

i think most of the issues are that the standalone version of the plug-in (no idea about the last.fm provided one) is using the old submission protocol instead of the newer one which i think allows for out-of-time submissions - main problem is time/interest to work on updating the plug-in to support that (which i don't have either off currently).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion