Old 5th March 2010, 14:11   #41
ORB 13

@redi jedi: Loading a shader from a text file during runtime will not be easy with XNA. The content pipeline converts all assets into a intermediate form (xnb files) that can be loaded easily. This is done during the build process. See http://forums.xna.com/forums/p/3026/14984.aspx
ORB 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 14:55   #42
redi jedi
Will code for food

@ORB yeah I know, I hit that snag already so I was just gonna do MD1 but it just didn't seem worth it anymore... I just thought it was cool that I had presets loading/running and doing the basic waves/movements on both the xbox and pc... most of the code is just c# so I think I'll offload it to just be a stand-alone ordeal making directX calls... haven't had alot of time lately.

Blah!
redi jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:50   #43
Nitorami
Major Dude

An approach to tempo recognition

Sorry, it seems I made a mistake and had to withdraw this... hope I still can make it work

Martin

Last edited by Nitorami; 9th March 2010 at 22:08.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 03:21   #44
Amandio C

Just a note about the difference between the 2 MD versions with the integer division operand %.
In previous MD, for example for t=n%10, t changes when the decimal part of n is .5.
In the Beta, t changes when the decimal part of n is 0.
Amandio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 17:43   #45
Stahlregen

Is it possible that the equal operation is somewhat broken in this release?
I noticed that some of my random switches (in the form of "if(equal(rand(2),1),1,-1)") were broken, and some other stuff that relies on it, like the attached waveform by shifter, won't work anymore, either...
Attached Files
File Type: zip shifter - word waveform.zip (1.9 KB, 381 views)
Stahlregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 19:01   #46
Nitorami
Major Dude

Hey, Stahlregen ! A rave from the grave ... haven't heard from you in ages!

Actually a few things have changed in the syntax, e.g. as Amandio C found out, certain float - integer conversions... Don't remember the details, you have to look it up in the forum. I think the rounding changed, and whether 1.5 is converted to 1 or 2... that may affect the integer operations as performed with int, % etc.

In shifters preset however the problem is the line

lr = if(sw,lr,rand(10));

I wonder how this ever worked, because rand() is supposed to deliver a float value, not an integer. The next line

let = equal(lr,0)*sa + equal(lr,1)*sb + equal(lr,2)*sc .........

will never deliver anything else than zero because the chance that rand() spits out exactly an integer number like 1,2,3,4, etc. are zero and therefore equal (lr,1) will NEVER be true. The problem is solved easily by changing the line to

lr = if(sw,lr,int(rand(10)));

I don't know where this incompatibility was introduced. Apart from that I must say the compiler has improved a lot, with the introduction of huge arrays, loop processing and simplifications making the code more similar to C .... e.g. instead of x = above (y,2) you may now use x = (y >= 2) as in standard languages. Unfortunately there seems to be no reasonable tutorial.

Martin
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 19:18   #47
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
In the former version the rand() function actually has put out Integers! I have not used it much anyway or i used high multipliers for float value generation - obsolete now. Good find, thanks for pointing out that change.

Welcome back Stahlregen, I'm going to sift through your new presets...
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 19:32   #48
Stahlregen

D'oh. Should've checked the rand() output. It used to be integers.

Sure enough, using floor() or int() fixes that.

Also, as a curiosity I found while testing, it seems that rand(0) will output the same as rand(1).

PS: You haven't heard from me the last 15 months or so, I think. My interests had wandered off.
Stahlregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 00:52   #49
Telek

Wow, it's been ages since I've been on these forums.

Gotta get back up to pace with the latest MD developments!

Great to see Redi Jedi, Flexi, Shifter and ROVASTAR still on here.

Telek Sterling
Dilettante Extraordinaire
Telek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 16:36   #50
Zylot
Major Dude

yeah this place never dies... oldskoolers and new folks are always poking around. Good to see some other legends have returned as of late.

-------------
What do you wish for?
--Instrumentality
Zylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2018, 10:51   #51
Virtual Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylot View Post
yeah this place never dies... oldskoolers and new folks are always poking around. Good to see some other legends have returned as of late.
I think so too. : Winamp:
Virtual Self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2018, 11:06   #52
Telek

Haha!
Well, welcome to 2018! Where I haven't had WinAmp installed for years and I didn't remember my forum password!

Telek Sterling
Dilettante Extraordinaire
Telek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2018, 19:08   #53
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
hehe, welcome! (:
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 00:45   #54
zerowaitstate

Hi all, i appreciate the effort you guys contribute to MD, its a tool i have used for a few decades almost now.

With the ability to run spout MD out put can now be pulled directly in to VJ app such as Grand VJ and resolume etc. this has been on my wish list for so long.(it really makes integrating live feed so much cleaner,

the only thing i could possible hope for now is the ability to revers a visual, is there any way this can be achieved, IE streaming output into a 10-20 second buffer (that can then be scrubbed back and forward as desired.?)
zerowaitstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 13:21   #55
hatecubed

zerowaitstate, I spent some time recently looking into options for saving/streaming MD in this way, though my notes are on the other computer (and unfortunately my 'actual' job takes up more time than I'd care to admit)... I'll see if I've got anything noted that may help.

But be warned, I'll probably ask you for help when I re-visit Spout
hatecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2018, 11:27   #56
myphamlinhhuong
Banned

How to use MD2 replace MD1 flexible and choice best option for plugin replace it.
myphamlinhhuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 16:08   #57
En D

i lost a lot of presets in the past well i released two presets packs that were half and they're gone and lazily scripted and totally lame some of them i could not see the shaders in project m because project m on linux has no shaders nor nothing im waiting for butter churn to release a feature to input your own presets onto your computer
En D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 16:09   #58
En D

Quote:
Originally Posted by En D View Post
i lost a lot of presets in the past well i released two presets packs that were half and they're gone and lazily scripted and totally lame some of them i could not see the shaders in project m because project m on linux has no shaders nor nothing im waiting for butter churn to release a feature to input your own presets onto your computer
i had to guess all the what would be the outcome
En D is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets