Old 22nd June 2012, 22:24   #1
thinktink
Forum King

I screwed up... ...somehow...

I think this error is my fault somehow but how, I don't know. I don't even have the foggiest.

It all started with me playing around with Winamp by HWND_BROADCASTing the WM_DISPLAYCHANGE message after noticing that both the Winamp main window and another window were showing as active/focused in their titlebars at the same time. After making Winamp and the other plugin windows blink I decided to see if I could switch to a Modern skin (I was using Winamp's default classic at the time.) I switched to the default Modern and a funny thing happened: It didn't skin the Playlist Editor window! It was still on the classic base skin. I then tried to switch back to Winamp Classic and this time the Windows themselves changed to the correct color scheme and buttons and all but they still had the Winamp Modern superframe (or whatever it is you all call it) still encasing all the windows, not just plugin Gen windows but the mainwindow, playlist editor, and equalizer windows as well. And then I tried to switch to Big Bento, and that's when it decided guru meditations were in order.

So, anybody got any good theories?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screwball Guru.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	49742  
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 00:40   #2
DrO

screwing around with WM_DISPLAYCHANGE is the likely starting point of a lot of issues as Winamp ues WM_DISPLAYCHANGE(wparam=0,lparam=0) to handle skin change / refresh and doing it when it's not expected probably will cause a weird failure by messing up what / how gen_ff is dealing with the windows (which is why the gen_ff containers were still present).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development