Old 15th January 2003, 12:29   #1
prankst3r

rather urgent! - 'fading' question..

Hi,

I'm considering moving off MusicMatch to Winamp3 if WA supports fading ie. some songs are either to long or end short and need to be faded out automatically, rather than dragging the volume button down.

I'm playing DJ this weekend for a street party (which is far from my 'normal' job description, btw) and am getting nervous!

Many thanks!
Old 15th January 2003, 13:46   #2
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
winamp3 has a built in crossfader, and you can set it to crossfade on next/previous button press (as well as doing it automatically)
Old 15th January 2003, 14:16   #3
prankst3r

thanks for your reply, Hero. Does the cross fade mean I can hit the button any time I want to end the song and it'll fade out and start the next one on the playlist? Do you use DFX with your WA? I've just d/led WA3 so will start fiddling...

cheers,
Perry
Old 15th January 2003, 21:18   #4
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
prankst3r...

I can't answer your last question right now but...

If you encoded any of your MP3's using Music Match (and you might have), then go and fix all the screwed up headers and incorrect song-length times that encoding with Music Match ALWAYS causes, by downloading and running VBRFIX.

Many Winamp3 users complain about their playlists scrolling through songs and not playing, due to some songs not displaying any times because of a screwed up seek index. The complaints stop once THEY stop using Music Match and repair the screwed up MP3's with VBRFIX.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 15th January 2003, 21:26   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
OK. I have time now. LOL! Phone call!
Quote:
Does the cross fade mean I can hit the button any time I want to end the song and it'll fade out and start the next one on the playlist?
Yes. If crossfade is enabled, you can hit NEXT or PREVIOUS buttons. You can set the Crossfade duration this way...

CTRL+P to bring up Preferences window
Audio > Audio Settings
Quote:
Do you use DFX with your WA?
Download the DFX for Winamp3 component [Component ID: 119440].
Old 16th January 2003, 11:03   #6
prankst3r

Hi Nunzio,

Thanks for the help. The crossfader works great. I Have d/led DFX and it plays ok but it looks like I will have to pay for the full version for the 'headphone' feature.

Q. I use SB Live for my soundcard - should I change any settings in WA? It's playing ok now and am a bit wary to fiddle there as I've had strange things happening in the past.

I can't wait to hear my muzic blasting out at 900 watts at this street party on saturday! I'm just nervous that any blips etc. are going to be amplified just a teeny little bit more than when I play through my little 50w home amp! Any other tips would be much appreciated!!! Hey, I should set up a webcam for you guys!

prankst3r
Old 16th January 2003, 11:09   #7
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
Quote:
Originally posted by prankst3r
Hi Nunzio,

Thanks for the help. The crossfader works great. I Have d/led DFX and it plays ok but it looks like I will have to pay for the full version for the 'headphone' feature.

Q. I use SB Live for my soundcard - should I change any settings in WA? It's playing ok now and am a bit wary to fiddle there as I've had strange things happening in the past.

I can't wait to hear my muzic blasting out at 900 watts at this street party on saturday! I'm just nervous that any blips etc. are going to be amplified just a teeny little bit more than when I play through my little 50w home amp! Any other tips would be much appreciated!!! Hey, I should set up a webcam for you guys!

prankst3r
winamp shouldn't interfere with sb live settings (or anything else), if you do balls it all up, just delete "studio.xnf" from \program files\winamp3\ and that will reset it all.

in mp3 encoding there shouldn't be any "blips", but if you are using low quality mp3 (below 190 technically, actually closer to 256 kbps bitrate) then there will be white noise in the background (i think the DFX plugin does it's best to cancel this out). if you own the cd's can i reccomend re-ripping them to 256kbps mp3 for near-cd sound quality.

other tips? don't spill beer on the keyboard

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Technical Support