Old 3rd October 2009, 20:03   #1
xfkennedy

enlarge font on file info

im messing around with the player-normal-mcv.xml file trying to get the font larger and ive done it, but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to stop it from overlapping

please help

xfkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 17:36   #2
xfkennedy

to anyone who is concerned i finished working on this here is attached XML file and screenshot

http://stashbox.org/650656/player-normal-mcv.xml
Old 4th October 2009, 21:25   #3
JonnyMac

Clickable Link for the player-normal-mcv file from xfkennedy's post. As a "just in case", backup the original player-normal-mcv.xml file before altering/replacing it.

For more info on changing the font size in the file info window in the Bento skins...
How do I change the font for songticker, info pane, and tabs in the Bento skin? (from FAQ Sticky)

Thanks xfkennedy

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 02:45   #4
xfkennedy

no problem, i will add though that that linked thread does not address the overlapping problem, hence why i created this one
Old 5th October 2009, 14:48   #5
JonnyMac

There is only so much room for the file info box, so there is not much that can be done with (very) large text.

The link I provided was a general info thing for you and anyone else reading your thread.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:43   #6
xfkennedy

honestly i completely disagree with you. the file info area is completely customizable yet i had a very difficult time doing so because there is no documentation on the specifics of moving/ resizing the text

some things that are possible

1. lines can be removed
2. font increase/decrease
3. antialias
4. bold
5. line positions

for example the original skin uses the absolute smallest font like 7px or something so that it can fit in 6 lines, well as you can see i removed one line as a personal preference and was able to get 20px with plenty of wiggle room.

you could easily remove another line and be getting 40px font or so, so i would say yes, there is quite a bit that can be done with the text in that area, if proper documentation was available.
Old 5th October 2009, 22:32   #7
JonnyMac

I understand what you are saying and the text is very customizable. However, within the defined space of the file info box, there are some limitations as to how much and how big the text can be. At the time of the earlier reply, I was a bit rushed and could not quite find the words for that hasty reply.

If you are interested in some more customizing check out the Skinning forums. You are welcome to customize Winamp skins for your self as long you don't publish altered versions of the skin(s).
Old 6th October 2009, 13:25   #8
pjn123
Major Dude

@xfkennedy - Afaik you'll have to edit & compile scripts for it to work

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 14:32   #9
JonnyMac

Yup (AFAIK), which is why I provided the link to the skinning forums.

Good Luck xfkennedy
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion