Old 13th October 2000, 06:21   #1
novel

I can play mp3's wav, midi, on the computer but i can't play a cd ----->this is probably not a winamp isue but this is the only place i can find help----->i tryed other apps but those wont play the cd either----->my speakers are not muted ...I ahve the right drivers installed for my sound card--->please help
Old 13th October 2000, 07:09   #2
Pio2001

Hi!
The old way to play CD was to connect an audio cable directly from the CD drive to the soundcard, this was handled in a separate channel of the mixer : CD (instead of Wave/DirectX).

Winamp and Windows CD Player still use this kind of reading, so you must check :
- The presence of the cable, and if its plugged in the CD internal input of the soundcard.
- That the CD channel is not muted in your volume control.

A more modern way is to use digital reading, if your drive can handle it properly. Sometimes people experience problems with this kind of reading.
Winamp in_CD_Reader plugin (see the plugins section), Windows Media Player 7, and KJoföl2000 perform it, then the CD is played as well as MP3s and wavs.

Hoping it helps

Pio2001
Pio2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2000, 09:54   #3
novel

thanks for the replypio 2001--->but didn't help much ----->my CD rom drive is a CDRW----->i have a cabel going from the cd rom to the sound card------>like i mentioned above i can put a cd in there with mp 3 and it will work fine -----i put a regular music CD and it starts playing it but no sound out of the speakers
Old 15th October 2000, 07:36   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Try the TSGH Forum for detailed tips & diagrams.
Be sure to alter the "Show Topics from x Days" to 100 or more to ensure that all the threads are visible.
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support