Old 7th May 2013, 17:57   #1
Bilke5

Send to: ---> USB media

Hello everyone.

When there are mp3 files on your HDD and you have them on winamp playlist... Right click on file, then Send to: and we have pic like this one - http://prntscr.com/13u89z.

Now, could it be done that you can send your mp3 file to USB media directly from winamp??? )

So we don't have to go in explorer and search for those files, then c/p them one by one to USB disk...
Bilke5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 19:42   #2
ujay
Forum King

Sounds like a job for Yar Matey.

Read through this thread.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=261862

Please note that the developer(DrO) no longer supports this plugin and you may have some difficulty finding a reliable download.

See the attachment to post #23 in the above thread for your best shot.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 21:49   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
funny how you don't get slandered.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 19:05   #4
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Okay. Maybe my brain is missing something. And I have no idea what a Yar Matey is. ("Matey" is a brand of Bubble Bath in the UK...) BUT I think you can do what you need in default Winamp anyway.

When you have your USB Memory Stick plugged into the computer, Start Winamp and let it manage that memory stick. Then you will find the SendTo: menu will include "Devices" and then you will find your USB Memory Stick listed in a sub menu.

To tweak the relevant preferences, while the memory stick is in the PC, check Winamp Preferences and look under Media Library / Portables and you will see a special section has appeared for your memory stick. All kinds of tweakability in there.

Are you aware of the Devices section in the Media Library? Look over on the left panel. On my PC it appears between History and Online Services.

With a bit of messing between those options, the SendTo menu, or even a right click / Send To from your playlists on the left of the Library you may find something that does what you need.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2013, 21:45   #5
Bilke5

ok, will try this.
sometimes before when playing winamp and inserting usb, i have always clicked cancel or no when winamp asked me for that managing...
Old 9th May 2013, 09:40   #6
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Ahhh... if you have been avoiding the USB Management then this explains why you are missing all the extras. Grab a memory stick that Winamp has never seen and try it out.

Only trouble is now, if you want to use an old memory stick that you previously said "no" to, we'll have to show you how to edit an ini file to get that question asked again. Pretty easy to do.
Old 9th May 2013, 10:35   #7
Bilke5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batter Pudding View Post
Only trouble is now, if you want to use an old memory stick that you previously said "no" to, we'll have to show you how to edit an ini file to get that question asked again. Pretty easy to do.
ok, lets try this! )

it's not asking me for that any more for my usb...
Old 9th May 2013, 12:45   #8
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

The settings for Winamp are stored in %appdata%\Roaming\Winamp\winamp.ini
CLOSE Winamp
Make a BACKUP of this winamp.ini file
Now open Winamp.ini by double clicking.
Scroll down Winamp.ini and locate the section [pmp_usb]
Copy the contents of that section to this thread and I'll tell you how to adjust it.

(When I say "section" I mean the rows down until you next see some [square brackets])

Depending on how many memory sticks you have it probably will be quicker to reset this list. I'll explain how.
Old 9th May 2013, 15:31   #9
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

A quick example:

In my Winamp.ini I find a list something like this:
code:
[pmp_usb]
blacklistnum=4
blacklist-0=s:1865351431
blacklist-1=s:-1753600884
blacklist-2=s:996743933
blacklist-3=s:-1059759853

That shows me that four USB devices have been "blacklisted" by my copy of Winamp.

Now I have no idea from that list which device is which. So I could try and faff around and try and locate which one is the memory stick I have in my hand. Or I could just wipe out that list and restart my blacklisting.

The simple option: With Winamp CLOSED. Backup winamp.ini and then open it up and locate the lines that start [pmp_usb] and remove them CAREFULLY!!

The [pmp_usb] header and the blacklist variables that follow it. ONLY remove the lines that look like the above. Make sure you don't delete the next section header.

Once you have deleted those lines, also make sure you have not left a blank line.

Save this winamp.ini file back to the computer and restart Winamp. Now every USB memory stick you add to Winamp will offer the "management" options.

The complex option: Now, if your blacklist is really long, and you want to keep all the other items in that blacklist, there are tricks that can be done to identify which ID number each USB drive has. But this will need more hacking of ini files and messing around. Hence why I just suggest the "simple" option of deleting the whole blacklist and starting again.

If you are unsure of ANY of this, ask for more details. I don't know your level of IT knowledge or how happy you are with a text editor. So ask for more details if needed. (Or even post your winamp.ini file here as an attachment and I can show you what exactly to trim. If you want to post it as an attachment you'll probably have to rename it to winamp.ini.txt to keep the forum happy)
Old 9th May 2013, 15:49   #10
ryerman
Major Dude

I suggest investigating the "USB Device Support Configuration" dialogue.
Preferences > Plug-ins > Portables > select "pmp_usb.dll" and click "Configure selected plug-in".

That may do what you want without manually editing the .ini file.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 15:53   #11
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Ahhh... thanks ryerman. All these hidden bits that are in Winamp. I didn't know that was there.

So, yeah - Bilke5 listen to ryerman. He has saved you a lot of effort there. All you need to do is plugged that USB Drive in and then find the plug-in control panel to remove it from the blacklist and therefore let Winamp manage it. Far too easy.
Old 10th May 2013, 13:44   #12
Bilke5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
I suggest investigating the "USB Device Support Configuration" dialogue.
Preferences > Plug-ins > Portables > select "pmp_usb.dll" and click "Configure selected plug-in".

That may do what you want without manually editing the .ini file.
just tried this and it worked!!

http://prntscr.com/148xre

i always thought that this thing with usb managment was some new rubish.

thanks guys, to both. you were great. )

cheers.
Old 10th May 2013, 15:18   #13
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilke5 View Post
just tried this and it worked!!

http://prntscr.com/148xre
Excellent...
Quote:
i always thought that this thing with usb managment was some new rubish.
Ahh.... yeah... that "new rubbish" that gives us these mind-reading new features. It helps that Winamp is actually used by the devs that write it. So stuff like this is often a couple of steps ahead as they stuck it in 'cos they wanted to use it.

Now you have it being managed by Winamp, check all all the preferences specific to the stick. All kinds of auto-sync options, podcast, playlist, etc type syncs. Choice of conversions. As well as telling it exactly which file types you want on the stick. All rather clever in there.

Quote:
thanks guys, to both. you were great. )

cheers.
The combined braincells of the Winamp Forum could probably be glued together to make at least a half functioning human being. Glad we could help. And I learnt something thanks to ryerman. It is why I spend time on here.
Old 11th May 2013, 04:01   #14
sultanmahmudit

Right Please try this will player. Simething before when player winamp and inserting USB, I have always clicked cancel or no when winamp asked me for that managing.
sultanmahmudit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
playlist send to copy