Old 18th July 2009, 21:35   #1
papaschtroumpf

Sync Podcasts?

I'm new to Podcast, I set one up in winamp, downloaded a few episodes, then if I press the "Sync" button, it looks like ml_ipod will sync the podcasts to the Audio library, not in the pdcast list.
I have to press "Sync Podcast" to have them appear in the podcast directory.
Is this as intended? it doesn't seem logical, I sure don't want to have to remember to press 2 buttons whenever I sync.
papaschtroumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 10:41   #2
Entegy

I found that if you press Sync and the podcasts you downloaded don't have "Podcast" as their genre, and ml_ipod is set to check the genre to determine what files are podcasts, they'll end up in the audio library.
Entegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:42   #3
papaschtroumpf

I thought the files in the Podcast monitor folder (Preferences -> iPod support -> Speech tab -> Top folder for podcasts)should automatically be tagged as podcasts.

The wiki says:

You define a special directory in the preferences, and everything below that directory is tagged as 'Podcast' automatically at the beginning of a podcast sync

This is confusing. Does it mean that as long as I do "podcat sync" first, everything will work fine? I'm not at my regular computer so I can't try it at the moment.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:42   #4
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

Yes, this auto-tagging with the right genre only happens when you hit the "Sync podcasts" button.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:10   #5
papaschtroumpf

hmm, thanks Abu.
Most podcasts I'm interested in are not tagged as podcast by default, they are tagged by the genre of the podcast itself (humour, ...)

I guess I'll have to tag them manually in winamp, which can of beats the purpose of downloading them automatically. Oh well...
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion