Old 25th July 2016, 01:52   #1
Robbyn Midgette

quality management software

My uncle has been promoted to quality manager in their site last week. As part of his promotion, his boss is giving him an opportunity to get a training or anything else he might need to better accomplish his tasks as QM. So he's finally decided on getting a cloud-based quality management software and I'm trying to help him look for one. Any recommendations?
Robbyn Midgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 02:00   #2
sankt

That depends on what kind of Quality Management software you are looking for.

Is he dealing with ISO 9001 ?

Is he dealing with TQM ?

Is he dealing with MIL Q 9858 ?

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 02:08   #3
sankt

Word of warning, anything ISO 9001 related is going to cost a small fortune, just because they can. Most Quality Management "systems" have evolved into a huge money racket.

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
Old 31st July 2016, 01:25   #4
Robbyn Midgette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankt View Post
That depends on what kind of Quality Management software you are looking for.

Is he dealing with ISO 9001 ?

Is he dealing with TQM ?

Is he dealing with MIL Q 9858 ?
He's getting it for ISO 9001. Can you recommend any good software? I've been looking for systems online and found ETQ's quality mgmt software in the search results by google but have not referred my friend yet. Was hoping I get recommendations from guys who have actually used the software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankt View Post
Word of warning, anything ISO 9001 related is going to cost a small fortune, just because they can. Most Quality Management "systems" have evolved into a huge money racket.
Do you know of any company that isn't in the business just for the money?It would be a waste of time and money if we partner with a company that won't deliver.
Robbyn Midgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 05:15   #5
sankt

Obviously companies are in business to make money. However there are some quality management operations that tend to charge incredible "fees" for gaining certifications or accessing information.

As an example - just downloading a SINGLE ISO 9001 specification pdf file will run you a small fortune. The complete ISO 9001 reference specification library - in PDF format - will run you a couple of thousand dollars.

Instead of trying to re-invent the wheel by creating "new and improved" quality management theories (like sigma six) why not stick with current models that actually work and are very flexible. (MIL Q 9858 - as apublic domain quality management system)

Old 21st February 2017, 03:38   #6
Brandon M. Johns

I think Unipoint Software might be a good option for you. It is a quality management software that integrates with the leading ERP systems on the market. As it is a beginning stage, it might be useful. If you require any more details, let me know.
Brandon M. Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions