Old 4th July 2008, 18:15   #1
myukiokura

Videos skipping on dual monitors when aero is on

So, I have an interesting problem, and I'd be amazed if someone could actually help me fix it considering the oddness of it.

I just got a new comp, and am now running Vista Home Premium 64-bit on dual 22" widescreens. I fell in love with Aero with my old comp and my laptop, and quite obviously want to continue to use it. I've always loved winamp, since the first time I used it. So much more detailed over WMP, and much more organized.

So here's the breakdown of the problem. On Windows Media Player (WMP), videos play just fine no matter what I do, no matter which monitor they're on, no matter if I run one or two monitors at once, regardless of Aero being on. In Winamp however, I can get videos to work fine regardless as long as I only have one monitor attached on display. If I display both monitors at the same time, and turn off Aero, the video plays just fine on either of them. But if I have Aero on when the video is playing while running two monitors, the video has clipping or whatever, where every few frames it'll just spit up a black frame, and the video itself plays choppy.

Any thoughts?
myukiokura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2008, 22:23   #2
dbeckett

most likely a hardware issue, your hardware cant run both aero and the video for some reason, how much ram do you have in your pc? in task manager how much memory is being used up

edit-also what graphics card do you have
dbeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 06:13   #3
myukiokura

I think that's unlikely, because of the following stats:

4 GB RAM (DDR2 800 I believe)
GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB PCI-E card
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 64-bit (running on 64-bit OS, but I think I said that already) (2.5GHz)

When I'm running nothing but winamp, and recreating the problem with vista aero up on dual screen, I'm like 0-3% CPU use (like 10% on one of the cores), and RAM usage is less than 1 gig (a large part of which I know is Aero).

I realize Aero is a resource hog, but I like it all the same, and I know this is a wierd problem, but I'm hopeful I can get it resolved anyways.
Old 9th July 2008, 04:41   #4
myukiokura

Up for another shot at help on this. I've temporarily solved the problem by making MPC my default video player, but I'd like winamp to run all vids that it can at least, regardless of the fact that certain stuff I need MPC for anyways.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support