Old 14th July 2002, 09:01   #1
electronicsuk

Playlist plugins

I know there are plenty of plugins out there that will add all files in a certain directory to your playlist. The problem is that if you want to load a playlist of only certain songs you also get all the files in your selected directory added to the playlist if winamp is restarted. Is there a plugin that will work in a similar way but avoid this problem? I can think of two solutions. One would be a plugin that generates a playlist of a certain name (or updates the playlist if it's already there) with all songs in your selected directories every time winamp starts. Then you can select any playlist you want. If you want the songs in your selected dirs then choose that playlist. Another way around it would be to have a plugin that doesn't actually create a playlist, but just adds songs to a playlist. It would be like the plugins already available but only adds the music it finds to a certain playlist. For example a totally empty playlist of the name "all music" could be saved tot he computers hard disk. Then the plugin is told to only add the music it finds in your directories when the playlist "all music" is in use. That way any other playlists with a different name would not get the songs added.

Perhaps someone knows where I can get a plugin like this. I would greatly appreciate any help.
Matt
electronicsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2002, 17:03   #2
Safai

Send a message via ICQ to Safai
umm...have you tried mine?
Safai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2002, 19:12   #3
electronicsuk

Album list

Sorry, it's a good plugin but it still isn't exactly what I need. Still, well done on the plugin, especially the ability to change skins. I will continue searching...
Thanks,
Matt
electronicsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion