Old 28th July 2010, 02:40   #1
Deleted #18

Windows 7 Display Size incompatibility

Hi there - I've searched this forum as well as the help pages, faqs and googled this. I have yet to see anything similar.

I just upgraded to Winamp 5.8 with the Big Bento skin and I'm using Windows 7. I've set my display to boost the size of the menus, text and whatnot to 150% through the Control Panel\Display. Please note that this is not a change in the resolution itself.

When I have the display set to 150% I am not able to freely navigate the media library, meaning that I can't click on certain items in the menus. It seems like my cursor will be in one area but Winamp thinks it is in another (ie cursor will be over a list item, but instead a text cursor appears for a text box above the song list). I end up having to use my arrow keys to navigate a lot of the time which is a bit cumbersome.

Not sure if this is a Windows problem (I haven't seen it with any other applications I've been running so I'm assuming not) or an area Winamp hasn't checked out yet.
Old 31st July 2010, 20:16   #2
OzzyisaGod

Hello
I am also running Windows 7 and installed Winamp and do not have this issue. Works perfectly for me. I had to enlarge Winamp on my system through arrow drag and couldn't be happier with the results. I would suggest lowering your display settings to 100% and possibly adjuting you DIP settings.
OzzyisaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 02:26   #3
Hopper25

Same Problem

I know this is an older post, but I am having the exact same problem as CrakrJaky mentioned with the display in Windows 7. Because I am using my computer on a 42" HD tv and have my computer resolution set to match the tv (1920x1080), I set the display (control panel>display) to show menu's, text, etc to a readable size at 150%

There is no issue obviously when the display is set to the default 100% or even at 125%. But at 150% I am not able to click on certain items in the media library using the bento or big bento skin. Has anyone come up with a solution or work around for this?
Hopper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 12:24   #4
AceMathias

I have the exact same issue as mentioned above.
Am using on my 42" tv and to make things readable i have to have at 150% zoom on windows 7.

Has anyone found a fix for this (other than using a smaller zoom , which is not practicle for reading the text)?

Cheers.
AceMathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 12:26   #5
AceMathias

I have found a work around for this if you guys are interested.
If you use the skin winamp classic, you can navigate the media library section fine, although i hate its appearance.
Would prefer to get bento working as its much nicer to look at.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:09   #6
AceMathias

Also another fix i have found, is to download the classic pro plug-in, then use the classic pro bento theme. Seems you can then click on the media library sections fine after a reboot of winamp.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support