Old 27th February 2009, 15:46   #1
zerowaitstate

sample code for sprites ?

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has some snippets of code for the sprite side of things in milkdrop, I must admin I’m not a coder but i don’t mind jumping into sample code and mucking around to get an understanding, i suppose my main problem is I’m not crash hot at maths and that seem vital when trying to direct movement etc.

The samples of code supplied in "milk2_img.ini" are a good start but a little limited, i find the doco at the front good as a reference but often it is hard to apply that practically with out more extensive samples to play with.

Any one that’s been playing with the VJ side of Milkdrops and has additional samples of alternate sprite manipulation any samples or feedback would be greatly appreciates.

Cheers all
"If you can’t help but make an art of it"
zerowaitstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 16:54   #2
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
try writing a personal message to mark1124

he told he tried different things on using sprites and this thread is not old:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=301635
anyway there's no sample code in it

but if you've got an answer, please leave the sprites code once here too for future requests

good luck.
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2009, 04:49   #3
zerowaitstate

re working with spites

I have gone through the forum and PM'ed a number of people in the community, who had commented in posts relating to sprites i will post back with results and summary of the information i have been able to collect.

i found there is an app that actually writes the mill_img.ini files however it is old and designed for MD 1 i will see how this works as i understand it the sprite side of things has changed very little. i am hoping the only issue will be the name of the resultant .ini file and possible its location that will have to be manually changed.

I hoe to be able to post a number of ini files with pre made effects that only require the image file name to be replaced (and keying colour if using blend4)

Cheers

Zerowaistate
Old 23rd March 2009, 23:33   #4
RLP

Heh, I'm not good at the math stuff either (I'm only good at remixing presets and making presets ripping off geiss' code) but I' have tried playing with that code stuff in the sprites. I could give you a text file containing some simple variety in the codes but right now I have no internet at home (using my cousin's computer while typing this) so I don't have the file on hand.

HELLO BOYS!!! I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!
RLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 00:16   #5
zerowaitstate

Quote:
Originally posted by RLP
Heh, I'm not good at the math stuff either (I'm only good at remixing presets and making presets ripping off geiss' code) but I' have tried playing with that code stuff in the sprites. I could give you a text file containing some simple variety in the codes but right now I have no internet at home (using my cousin's computer while typing this) so I don't have the file on hand.
That would be Awesome any samples beyond the default supplied would be greatly appreciated I will PM you with my email address.

Cheers
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets