Old 12th September 2006, 16:40   #1
dmask

convert avi files to dvd

anyone know a good program to download to convert avi files to dvd. i downloaded a few, but when i tried to play the video, it was choppy and bouncy.
Old 13th September 2006, 11:00   #2
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Check out Doom9 for guides.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
Old 21st September 2006, 01:40   #3
freetrips

All-in-one conversion software

I've tried converting every way possible using programs like
Alcohol 120%, AVI2VCD, VSO Blindwrite, burnatonce, Canopus ProCoder, CDRDAO, CDRWIN, ChapterXtractor, Cinema Craft Encoder,

cladDVD.NET, CloneDVD, VSO CopyToDVD, Cucusoft AVI to VCD/DVD, Dr. DivX, DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, DVD2AVI, DVD2MPG

Squeezer, DVD2One, DVD2SVCD, DVDFab, DVDx, EasyDivX, Eazy VCD, EO Video, Fireburner, FlaskMPEG, Honestech MPEG Encoder,

IFOEdit, ImToo DVD Ripper, LSX MPEG Encoder, Mainconcept MPEG Encoder, Nero Burning ROM, Nero Recode, NTI CD&DVD-Maker,

Panasonic MPEG Encoder, Pinnacle InstantCopy, Sector Extractor, SmartRipper, TMPGEnc, TMPGEnc Plus, VCDEasy, VFAPI Reader,

VirtualDub, vStrip, Xing MPEG Encoder.

Fianlly I have something that takes the place of all of these and it's free.

If I sound like a commercial then so be it. It's a great program.

Best free program ever!
I recently downloaded this program and I'm blown away! It will replace almost every audio/video program ever needed and the

best part is.... IT"S FREE!
Get it here: www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Current version SUPER © v2006.build.19 (April 26, 2006)

SUPER © Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer.
A GUI to ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer, x264, mppenc,
ffmpeg2theora & the theora/vorbis RealProducer plugIn.

If you need a simple, yet very efficient tool to convert (encode) or play any Multimedia file,
without reading manuals or spending long hours training, then SUPER © is all you need.
It is a Multimedia Encoder and a Multimedia Player, easy-to-use with 1 simple click.

SUPER © is a totally FREE Multimedia software solution
It plays & converts very fast full length movies
to any other format with NO time limitation.

SUPER © can also play and save ( mms:// rtsp:// http://)
Internet Media Streams found by many search engine

Please read the following details and see how:
SUPER © does for FREE what other encoders CAN'T do for money.

Awaiting your feedback, as usual, by email or on the forum page.
Thank you for encouraging us to serve you with better softwares.

SUPER © IS UNIVERSAL as it supports a wide variety of input/source file format to play
or encode (to & from) without any additional third party software.
Supported input source file formats are:
- Video format: 3gp/3g2(Nokia,Siemens,Sony,Ericsson) asf, AVI (DivX,H263,H263+,H264,XviD,MPEG4,MSmpeg4 etc..), dat,
fli, flc, flv (used in Flash), mkv, mpg (Mpeg I,Mpeg II), mov(H263,H263+,H264,MPEG4 etc..), mp4(H263,H263+,H264,MPEG4), ogg,
qt, rm, ram, rmvb, str (Play Station), swf (Flash), ts (HDTV), viv, VOB, wmv
- Audio format: AC3, amr, mp2, mp3, mp4, MPC, ogg, ra, wav, wma
- AviSynth Script Files: avs. Let you specify advanced encoding commands using AviSynth scripts!
SUPER © supports the conversion (encoding both ways, to & from ) of ALL the listed formats.
To list few examples:
drag & drop any Audio file or even any VIDEO file and EXTRACT the AUDIO part by converting it to
mp2, mp3, MPC (MusePack), wav, AC3, AAC, amr_nb or amr_wb format. (the last 3 are playable on Nokia)
Mobile phone 3GP converter Convert any input video format to 3GP. Convert a 3GP file to any other video format.
Mobile phone 3G2 converter Convert any input video format to 3G2. Convert a 3G2 file to any other video format.
PocketPC converter Convert any input video format to a PocketPC file. Convert a PocketPC file to any other video format.
iPod converter Convert any input video format to an iPod file. Convert an iPod file to any other video format.
The rendered iPod files are created using the most advanced video codecs H.264/AVC and MPEG-4 format.
To copy a DVD (that you legally purchased) into a valid iPod format, we recommend that you also use the best
available DVDDecrypter to decrypt the entire DVD and copy the VOB files to your HardDisk in order to encode
them with SUPER ©. Note that DVDDecrypter is also a Freeware.
PSP converter Convert any input video format to a PSP file. Convert a PSP file to any other video format.
The rendered PSP files are created using the most advanced video codecs H.264/AVC and MPEG-4 format.
To copy a DVD (that you legally purchased) into a valid PSP format, we recommend that you also use the best
available DVDDecrypter to decrypt the entire DVD and copy the VOB files to your HardDisk in order to encode
them with SUPER ©. Note that DVDDecrypter is also a Freeware.
VCD converter Convert any input video format to MPG-VCD. Convert an MPG-VCD file to any other video format.
The rendered MPG files are VCD-standard strictly compliant and "NERO burning" compatible. They are seamlessly
accepted by Nero to burn without any additional process and produce a CD playable on most stand alone players.

SVCD converter Convert any input video format to MPG-SVCD. Convert an MPG-SVCD file to any other video format.
The rendered MPG files are SVCD-standard strictly compliant and "NERO burning" compatible. They are seamlessly
accepted by Nero to burn without any additional process and produce a CD playable on most stand alone players.

DVD converter Convert any input video format to VOB-DVD. Convert a VOB-DVD file to any other video format.
The rendered VOB files are DVD-standard strictly compliant and "TMPGEnc DVD Author" compatible. They are
seamleassly accepted by the "TMPGEnc DVD Author" which will add the necessary Menu, create the
additional .bup and .ifo files, rename/split the rendered VOB file to Vts_xx_x.vob before burning to DVD.

AVI converter Convert any input video format to AVI. Convert an AVI file to any other video format.
The rendered AVI files are created using a wide variety of codecs H.264/MPEG-4/DivX/XviD/H.263... together
with AC3, mp3, mp2 or wav audio.

MP4 converter Convert any input video format to MP4. Convert an MP4 file to any other video format.
The rendered MP4 files are created using a wide variety of codecs H.264/MPEG-4/DivX/XviD/H.263... together
with AAC, AMR, wav audio. They are fully playable on QuickTime7.
MOV converter Convert any input video format to MOV. Convert a MOV file to any other video format.
The rendered MOV files are created using a wide variety of codecs H.264/MPEG-4/DivX/XviD/H.263... together
with AAC, AMR, wav audio. They are fully playable on QuickTime7.
ASF converter Convert any input video format to ASF. Convert an ASF file to any other video format.
FLV converter Convert any input video format to FLV. Convert an FLV file to any other video format.
MPG converter Convert any input video format to MPG. Convert an MPG file to any other video format.
OGG converter Convert any input video format to OGG. Convert an OGG file to any other video format.
WMV converter Convert any input video format to WMV. Convert a WMV file to any other video format.
GIF converter Convert any input video format to Animated GIF format.
convert AviSynth script files (.AVS) to any other video format.
convert VCD (.DAT) files to any other format. (Also with Lossless Direct Conversion to MPG VCD-Compliant )
convert Flash (.FLV) files (similar to Google/YouTube video) to any other format.
convert Matroska (.MKV) files to any other format.
convert QuickTime (.QT) files to any other format.
convert RealMedia (.RM .RAM .RMVB .RA) files to any other format.
convert Old.Play.Station (.STR) files to any other format.
convert ShockWave Flash (.SWF) files containing FLV video codec to any other format.
convert HDTV (.TS) files to any other format. (Also with Lossless Direct Conversion To VOB)
convert VivoActive (.VIV) files to any other format.
AutoMode to convert any type of video to VCD, SVCD, DVD.
Play all of the above file formats with SUPER ©
Play or Save on your Disk the Internet Media Streams like: mms:// rtsp:// http://

Built in simple and one click easy access fully featured menu.
SUPER © provides a variety of video codec selection with every file format conversion (encoding).
SUPER © provides a variety of audio codec selection with every file format conversion (encoding).
Easy configuration of the essential output video parameters (size, fps and video bitrate) during file conversion,
simplifying the user's encoding process while parsing internally optimized video commands for best encoding results.
Easy configuration of the essential output audio parameters (sampling rate, number of channels and audio bitrate)
during file conversion, simplifying the user's encoding process while parsing internally optimized audio commands
for best encoding results.
Unique Advanced H.264 profile & level selection. Not available in any other software.

Multiple batch file processing by simple file drag and drop.
A built-in Multimedia File Analyzing engine (Portions by MediaInfo) to show tags and internal structure of ALL source
files with a double click.
As SUPER © is a simple GUI, the quality of the rendered files or the played files DOES NOT depend on SUPER ©
The speed, rendered quality or the variety of the codec selection are the result of the great work achieved
by the respective authors of ffmpeg , mencoder , mplayer , x264 , ffmpeg2theora , MusePack (MPC) ,
libavcodec library & the theora/vorbis RealProducer's plugIn.
The whole credit SHOULD go to these authors for their great ongoing projects.

SUPER © is compatible with most Windows® platforms.

Since this little nugget was helpful why not get a free vacation as well at claimyourvacation.com
Claim Code: TP8573
Old 21st September 2006, 01:55   #4
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Old 21st September 2006, 02:01   #5
freetrips

Spam?

This is a great program and it's free!
Old 21st September 2006, 02:05   #6
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Yaeh, and you are a fuckin' spammer. You can die for all I care. Asshole!!!!

Is there a moderator in the house? This fucker needs a permanent ban, even his signature is 100% pure spam.
Old 21st September 2006, 02:14   #7
freetrips

the original thread

The original thread was asking for a software program to help with a problem. SUPER is free. I went to their website and copied all the info I could find for their program. I tried not to leave anything out. I know it sounds like an advertisement but the info gives a good idea how robust the program is.
Old 22nd September 2006, 21:13   #8
gameplaya15143
Major Dude

"super" looks like BS to me... not even a screenshot.

I think it's easier to just learn how to use avisynth, quenc, and dvdstyler. All free by the way.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:24   #9
stevewest

I know this is a couple of years on but SUPER is now not a freebie at all. It does look good at first glance though. I'm going to give the trial a go.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:38   #10
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
ok thread needs to be moved to general discussion
to wally no need for harsh language
to stevewest if you have payed for super you have fallen for a scam since the version released on eright is completely free no strings attached

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 30th March 2010, 01:38   #11
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

What do you mean no need for harsh language, and why do you bring that up after all that time?

I'll tell any spammer to fuck off, anytime.

If the guy had just kept it to what was asked for it would have been different, but he made a full page add out of his reply.

Also, this thread is hardly Winamp Discussion, so maybe it should be moved, to the garbage bin where it rightfully belongs.

BTW, I use Nero Vision to make DVD's from avi files, very odd that he mentioned all those programs, including a few Nero programs, but left out the one that does the job.

Oh, and in case you missed it, look at the guys sig, and than tell me he is not a spammer.

Old 30th March 2010, 02:15   #12
robdog2004
Major Dude

i agree that it is spam but there are better ways of detering it than using the language you are using right now

thanks rob

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 2nd May 2010, 12:15   #13
Alpha2k6

The best way is probably.. 1) get a computer hooked up to the TV.. laptop or other. then relax and watch the film, no burning required.
alternative 2) get some small media player like the WD Media Player or Popcorn Hour.

Then if your computer/media player and TV supports it you can also view high definition content without loosing pixels.. get subtitles to work, and the best thing of all you dont have to waste time on burning dvd's.

If this solution is not good then try something like Nero Burning ROM to make your dvd.
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:16   #14
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
I always love it when wally goes ape shit on spammer's and anyone else who's an annoying little shit. Makes my day.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 2nd May 2010, 17:25   #15
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Despite the horribly website, SUPER works great and I love it; too bad it's not free anymore. Well there's always ConvertXtoDVD.

This is a sig of some nature.
Old 2nd May 2010, 17:37   #16
robdog2004
Major Dude

if you are paying for super you are falling for a scam
the current version from the erights home page is still completely free (at least this as far as i see today)

dont know if dvd shrink does avi and dvdfab wants to much money

thanks rob

Old 2nd May 2010, 19:06   #17
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

Just use ffmpeg and mencoder, they're really free and cross platform.

Using the command line will not kill you.

---

Making your video DVD ready
Open command prompt.
Navigate to the FFmpeg folder. (You can of course place FFmpeg wherever you want on your system, say C:\blah - Moving the video into the folder or vice-versa is a good plan!)
In command type:
ffmpeg -i MyInputVideo.avi -target pal-dvd -aspect 4:3 -sameq MyDVDVideo.mpg
• If your input files aspect ratio is different to 4:3 then remember to change that too.
• Change pal-dvd to ntsc-dvd or film-dvd as required.

Or could use DVD Styler to make a whole DVD via GUI

I could bather on, but come on; this topic only ever gets bumped by spammers and I hear google works pretty well.

count!last.fmdastylishplanner
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:11   #18
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

When I tried super it wouldn't do anything but crash...
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:30   #19
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

^ Well it is pretty useless without a decent, up-to-date codec pack installed. I suggest the K-Lite Mega Pack

This is a sig of some nature.
Old 4th May 2010, 05:14   #20
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Tried all the codacs I could, just didn't work.
Old 4th May 2010, 18:09   #21
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Funny how this must be the onehundred-and-sometingth thread like this on these forums and people still post serious replies in it.

[edit:] Oh, and: every DVD player plays .avi files nowadays. This thread is horribly outdated and obsolete. And if not: Do as all the smart people do - fuck your dvd player and replace it with a a pc.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Old 4th May 2010, 21:02   #22
P$ycHo™
Flakmonkey!

XBMC ftw.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:06   #23
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

ye could try using VLC

search in Googly on how to 'record' with VLC

and then convert with this

ah well ye can't have that - seems as certain words on here are now 'censored' - first they remove the login message, change to this ugly white crappy layout and now there censoring links to 'free' Ligit software....

I'd say that about sums up where winamp has gone...

maybe try putting the words together -> i.e all one word -->-> miro vid eocon verter dot com/

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Old 8th May 2010, 21:06   #24
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
^that requires .NET 3.5+, something my computer oddly won't allow to install, despite being a ridiculously high-end machine with Vista Home Premium x64 on it.

It's amazing that with all these products, some work and some fail, depending on the file(s) involved, even if all are .avi. One sometimes works on one set of files but doesn't on another, whereas the opposite is true with others.

Don't forget to live before you die.

Last edited by swingdjted; 8th May 2010 at 23:22.
Old 8th May 2010, 22:23   #25
robdog2004
Major Dude

i geuss it depends on the header in the file
as for .net 3.5 not installing it maybe due to your system being 64bit or it has to do with vista
i can recommend seeing if it will install in safe mode (dont know if it will work though)

i do know kmplayer will record/capture videos but i dont know the file types it exports as so it may not be what your looking for

thanks rob

Old 18th May 2010, 13:31   #26
FaeGiN

I know this is an old thread but the fact that I ended up reading it tells me that some people will and so I wanted to just clear something up now:
Why all these people saying this SUPER is not free?!
I have used it for years and it IS STILL free.
As far as I know there's never been any payment needed. It's only a frontend for free commandline tools for encoding/converting audio and video anyway so I doubt they could sell it anyway.
So yeah, as copied from the website today:
NO trial or evaluation version of SUPER © but one unique
Free to download and Free to use fully working version.

Oh and can I just say Wally ... who died and made you god around here?
Pah

Fae
Old 19th May 2010, 21:05   #27
morab

Well I haven't tried super yet... since you talking good about it, hope it is nicer than the way you say it...
Old 19th May 2010, 22:34   #28
robdog2004
Major Dude

morab
it may take some tinkering but it will eventually convert the file you want
the last release is a little buggy but it will get the job done

thanks rob

Old 25th May 2010, 08:22   #29
vpsp

There are other free softwares that are able to convert avi files to DVD.
I use Dvdtivi lite which is free too. Dvdtivi lite convert AND burn avi to DVD !!!
Old 25th May 2010, 08:51   #30
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
I use Nero Vision. Is that bad?

There is no sig.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:13   #31
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Why would that be bad?
If you're happy with the way it works and the outcome, then it's great for you.

There is (malware apart) no bad software. It just depends on what you want to do with it - or what you expect it to do.

edit: this thread is a spam/troll magnet. The original question is more than answered. Could it please be locked?

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Old 12th June 2010, 07:34   #32
hecongyan
Banned

serach google by keywords "convert avi files to dvd", you can get over 10,100,000 results
Old 12th June 2010, 12:17   #33
lucidica
Banned

Here's one :
http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAvi2Dvd.php?b2=1

Compatible with Vista and Windows 7
Old 12th June 2010, 21:31   #34
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
You're right about it being a spam magnet, perhaps I should second WotL's request.

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 21st June 2010, 12:43   #35
lymanjayan

There are many program. which are used to convert avi files in to vob. I have used many of in it. But i liked the most is DVD Ripper. Try only one time i'm sure you will like it.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions