Old 28th September 2002, 20:10   #1
f1f2

winamp submission overload

How do good skins get a chance to be seen when this site is overwhelmed by poor skins that have obviously been made with skinner programs.
There is no option to view skins other that by newest or most popular which is rated by the number of downloads so how do well rated new skins get a chance.
It gives a very poor image of this site and makes it really hard for new and up and coming skinners who are original and are still developing their craft.
As an example a friend emailed me to tell me he'd successfully posted a skin which had received 4 stars, by the time I'd checked it out (8hrs later) it was the 70th new skin and preceded by mostly skinned program skins.
f1f2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2002, 21:16   #2
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Agreed

I think there ought to be a special section for the flamers..err...i mean skinners, who use skinner.exe. Lets keep those pieces of crap out of the mainstream. If i wanted a picture, i'd stick it as my wallpaper.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 13:28   #3
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
Re: Agreed

Quote:
Originally posted by DLiNKWiT27
there ought to be a special section for the flamers..err...i mean skinners, who use skinner.exe.
There is. The "Generated" section
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2002, 13:53   #4
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Yes, i know that, i meant for their new submissions. Sorry, i was unclear in my previous post.
Old 30th September 2002, 11:39   #5
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
the generated skins will be capped at 10,000, they will not be in the most recent skins category and they will have a life of a year
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2002, 13:00   #6
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by binary hero
the generated skins will be capped at 10,000, they will not be in the most recent skins category and they will have a life of a year
yippie!
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist