Old 15th February 2014, 08:21   #1
Obsdark

SAM Broadcaster & SHOUTcast problems

Hey oh

Well i already set a lot of stuff to make my server up & going like it is.. but...

i have some questions, first of all

Which one of all the passwords Shoutcast make me introduce it is the source password? (that one than must be placed in the encoder to transmit from it)

Is that one the same password than i must use it to log-in the index.html pag of my server? and if is not, which one is that other password?

Thanks you from now

-Obsdark-

PS: This is probably the last question, thanks a lot for every single question and the help than you all bring during the process
Obsdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 08:35   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

according to the documentation that comes with DNAS

password is used for broadcasters - i.e. source stream

adminpassword is used for access to the remote server features - i.e. web interface

But, that's just what the documentation says, so, I could be wrong

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 14:15   #3
Obsdark

Thanks you, But this just confirm the problems..

Like i guess it, then i'm very sure it was a veeery noob question, but the one i set it to that propose is not working, i actualy have open right in front of my eyes the sc_serv.conf and i'm reading the password meanwhile i write it, -i also tryed with the file closed- but don't let me enter, any ideas?
Old 15th February 2014, 14:41   #4
jaromanda
Forum King

if you're using DNAS v2, then, unless sam broadcaster can connect to DNAS v2, you probably have to enable v1 using "portlegacy" config entry and understand the limitations caused by using a v1 source

however, I see that SAM claims to support DNAS v2 as of version 4.8

if none of the above is applicable, perhaps if you could describe what sort of errors you are getting, any logs, or output, that may shed some light on the problem you are actually having, as, so far, you've basically said "it doesn't work" without much information at all

Old 15th February 2014, 15:02   #5
Obsdark

well, i'm using SAM v4.2.2, and the last DNAS i found, and effectibly doesn't connect to the DNAS

I can't find either the option portlegacy on the sc_serv.conf, if it is somewhere i like to know where

I Check for logs in the Shoutcast/Logs but there's nothing, not a single file, if you know where i can find it i'll make a nopaste to post it here.

I also must say than also i can't log in through the web-browser, but at least i can see the shoutcast service running through the port

i'm using it DNAS 2.2.1 Linux 32x like a daemon, in CentOS 6.5

Thanks a lot!
Old 15th February 2014, 15:21   #6
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsdark View Post
well, i'm using SAM v4.2.2, and the last DNAS i found, and effectibly doesn't connect to the DNAS

I can't find either the option portlegacy on the sc_serv.conf, if it is somewhere i like to know where

I Check for logs in the Shoutcast/Logs but there's nothing, not a single file, if you know where i can find it i'll make a nopaste to post it here.

I also must say than also i can't log in through the web-browser, but at least i can see the shoutcast service running through the port

i'm using it DNAS 2.2.1 Linux 32x like a daemon, in CentOS 6.5

Thanks a lot!
SAM 4.2.2 doesn't have shoutcast 2 conectivity, plus it's a really buggy version of that program.

if you really need a shoutcast v2 encoders switch software to a program such as RadioDJ something that supports SC2 via plugin. That's a free program btw.
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 15:28   #7
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsdark View Post
read the documentation (in docs directory), portlegacy is described in the networking section

basically you add something like

portlegacy=9000

please note that legacy mode uses two ports, the port you configure, and the next one, and I don't think they can conflict with the port configured for v2

but seriously, read the documentation for more information than I'm prepared to type here

Old 15th February 2014, 16:34   #8
Obsdark

i try, but doesn't work, i open the ports of the firewall, and start it.

The coder & the login doesn't work however...

The player says than i must -1 the port i use and open them both, you tell me i'll do +1, both situation failed.

i try to cast from every single one of them, but nothing happend

i try to log-in through index, but just the DNASv2 port open the index.html, i try however to access from the others, and i must say than they don't respond, however the not response come in different ways, now the port 8003 (set +1) is taking longer than usual in coder, but can't have access in index, port 8002 (set -1) have the issue of "longer than usual" but the DNASv2 Work like a "charm" -but still don't let me login-

In every case i restart the server with the new configuration

SAM Encoder just have a longer time but all of them was thrown out eventualy, even when (set +1) 8003 than takes longer than usual, for one moment i think it would work, but don't.

Any ideas?, i gladly tryes

Thanks again

PS: if any question, just ask it

PS2: the "(set -/+1)" wasn't placed on the sc_serv.conf like writed on it, but i check both theorys changing the port of the "portlegacy" stuff, this was writed "portlegacy=xxxx" been "xxxx" the number of the port of choice, this was added to sc_serv.conf.

PS3 & PS4: Sure, i'll play a little bit with both, but sadly i don't have any money to purchase them, and the games are just overpriced here, (i hope this don't cause any console lover hate me for this comment xD)
Old 15th February 2014, 16:55   #9
Obsdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybaldy72uk View Post
SAM 4.2.2 doesn't have shoutcast 2 conectivity, plus it's a really buggy version of that program.

if you really need a shoutcast v2 encoders switch software to a program such as RadioDJ something that supports SC2 via plugin. That's a free program btw.
But untile i know RadioDj don't let you live speak or put it tougether with skype to make interviews aren't it?

If you know some other program than can do both things and also stream random music when tell it to do, let me know, plz

(of course if can do it with plug-ins i'm gonna change to it right away)

Thanks you for the answer

PS: Sorry for the double post, i just see the answer of garybaldy72uk after respond to jaromanda
Old 16th February 2014, 15:02   #10
DrO

there is _no_ need to specify portlegacy (unless you need to change the port being used for legacy i.e. v1 source connections) as it's enabled by default i.e. portbase and portbase+1 are always attempted to be used.

there should be no problem with getting SAM 4.2.2 to connect as it would connect as a v1 source and unlike people still keep thinking, you can connect v1 and v2 sources to the v2 DNAS (it's only if you want multiple v1 sources that you need to adjust things firther which v2.2.x enabled via portlegacy/streamportlegacy options).

and based on all of the prior threads (which is making this a mess to follow what has / hasn't been done), i wouldn't be at all surprised if an existing DNAS (or even Icecast instance) is still running and which is causing the issues.

so if portbase=8000, you enter 8000 in SAM and it should automatically know to connect to 8001. you _don't_ have to mess around with the port settings or guessing what the port actually is as _all_ v1 sources are meant to know that they'll be connecting on portbase+1 even though you enter portbase.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 15:57   #11
Obsdark

i tested the login issue but with icecast down, and just that instance of SHOUTcast open and running, i verify that with the ps aux command

Any ideas about why i can't loggin on the index.html page or connect my radio with my admin username and password?
Old 16th February 2014, 17:35   #12
DrO

because you're using the wrong login details. check the logs. ensure you're using 'admin' as the username and that you're using the 'adminpassword' value. have to say you're managing to make a pigs ear out of getting things working.
Old 16th February 2014, 17:38   #13
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
because you're using the wrong login details. check the logs. ensure you're using 'admin' as the username and that you're using the 'adminpassword' value. have to say you're managing to make a pigs ear out of getting things working.
I guess we all had to start somewhere, but you're right he is making things 100 times more difficult than it needs be.

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Online: Twitter - Blog - RadioDJ
Old 16th February 2014, 17:42   #14
DrO

true, and that's why the docs explicitly state the usename, etc that needs to be used (and just think of the mess that there'd be if the DNAS could be configured to use a different username...).
Old 16th February 2014, 20:31   #15
Obsdark

after some reading, and some retrys, i redone all the config process AGAIN, but then the problem repeat itself, and the problem is according to shoutcast console, someway, somehow, the server accept me the config file JUST ONCE.

If i turn it off and restarted by a second time HE CAN'T FIND IT! for some reason, aparently i must set the +x permission to the user who i want start the server EVERY SINGLE TIME I WANNA START THE SERVER ON THAT USER, and of course it must be setted through root.

But that's not all, each time i wanna run the server through console, it show me this:

(i write this on terminal): ./sc_serv sc_serv.conf

(and return me this) :2014-02-16 14:22:57 WARN [CONFIG] Could not find 'sc_serv.conf' looking for config file to load ...

(and then, a little down the hill, he doesn't found it and abort the entire operation)

But the funny part is, i enter the folder where the sc_serv is, and there is a sc_serv.conf, like there was one before than i replace by the builder.sh creation (the last one before that was made of setup.sh)

so... any idea how to stop that?

About the login... i guess the problem is gonna solve instantly after i finish with this one, because that would explain why i can't loggin, because someway, somehow don't wanna load the file.

But common, continue telling me than i'm a "Ear pig" or so... but i don't see you confronting this problem, the guy with the problem on the screen is me, so you can continue with the "Ear Pig" stuff and related or you can help me, i preffer certainly the second, personaly love more the solutions than the shitty talking about them, don't know, maybie is just my way of work & be.

Anyway i solve it right away, there was a file missing than wasn't created by the builder, at least don't remember a single question about it or something...

The Flash Policy don't exist, i must create it but after that it'll fix

Thanks a lot for everything

Last edited by Obsdark; 16th February 2014 at 20:46. Reason: [SOLVED]
Old 16th February 2014, 20:46   #16
DrO

if sc_serv.conf is in the same folder, then you don't need to specify it on the command-line. the DNAS will automatically load sc_serv.conf if it can find it in the same folder i.e. just do ./sc_serv or ./sc_serv daemon (as that was one of the ways you seem to be using it).

i don't know what keeps causing your issues and i never said to use 'builder.sh', just 'setup.sh' for getting the DNAS configured (as that just creates what is needed and not other things - and is why it is the recommended method to use as per the docs).

as you should also have done chmod a+x sc_serv in the install folder under the user wanting to be used. and from the sounds of re-reading you post above, i'd have to suspect there's a permissions issue with the account you've created as you shouldn't have to redo the permissions everytime if it's been setup correctly.

and i was not calling you a name. my use of 'managing to make a pigs ear out of getting things working' is a term of phrase in that with the lack of exact details and not knowing what you're doing, there's now been multiple posts and you're really nowhere nearer having it running than makes sense for any of the setup issues i've seen in the last 3+ years. however i'll follow your wish and will not continue is this thread now.
Old 16th February 2014, 21:11   #17
Obsdark

well, just for the record, if anyone have the same simptoms:

./sc_serv daemon "it 'works' but don't let me loggin from the index.html or from the source (SAMBC in this case)"

./sc_serv "don't show the 'warn' stuff, BUT can't find the config (i.o sc_serv.conf)"

./sc_serv sc_serv.conf "show the 'warn' stuff and also can't find the config"

reconfig everything from setup.sh & builder.sh both don't solve the problem

and of course, you can't log-in with your password setted on the configuration files

If this are the sintomps, the solution is create a -flash policy-
(See documentation about it) and everything should be fine, even if you just copy - paste it

But again, thanks a lot for all your help

And, i have it running right now!

PS: i'm not transmitting right now, but i can run it and log-in on console and daemon without any trouble.
Old 16th February 2014, 21:17   #18
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Obsdark: You said the version of SAMBC you were running was 4.2.2??.

I'm guessing that isn't a legit copy of SAMBC just going on the fact that 4.2.2. is the one i see more links to on twitter than any other version. It's so out of date I really wouldn't use it.

If you really want to get help it usually helps if you aren't running pirated software. Try using something that doesn't require a crack key to run it...

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Online: Twitter - Blog - RadioDJ
Old 16th February 2014, 21:28   #19
Obsdark

thank you for the comment but actualy, i already change it...

i'm now hunting down another issues, apparently there is some other stuff with the sc_w3c.log now, i think maybie are the writing permissions, i'll do the chmod stuff suggested before btw, but i guess i'm gonna need re-set it on that .log

i even still don't prove it with the new program because all this bug situation than i'm trying to solve, i think the one just before this one was gonna be the last one but aparently so, i was wrong.

Anyway thanks for the reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support