X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • letsgoflyers81
    • Oct 2010

I have two requests for Winamp:

1. Graphic equalizer. MixZing has one and it really improves the sound of the music when configured correctly.

2. Download missing album art. MixZing has this one again so I don't need to worry if I don't have the album art.

Comment

• Heartwire
      • Oct 2010

I'd like to see support for .PLA playlist formats, as that is what they are converted to when you export playlists from winamp (PC) to your Android phone

Comment

• Belderan
        • Oct 2010

I'm currently having issues with the widget showing the song currently playing. The widget functions perfects apart from showing the incorrect song. From my testing, it appears that it only occurs when a song with associated album art is playing. For example:

I have an enqueued set of albums, the first has album art, the second does not, the third does, the fourth does not. If I play the first song from the first album, the art loads fine, flicking through the queue causes the track titles to change normally (and the album art turns into the Winamp Llama on the switch to the 2nd album) but once I hit the first song of the third album, the widget fails to change song name or album art. When I hit the fourth album (no album art), the widget starts to work again.

So it seems that switching the album art makes the widget have a cry.

Aside from that bug, the app is awesome and has brought me back from using doubletwist and a cluster of random programs to help organise my music. Love it. I would like to see some different widget sizes out in future releases too.

Comment

• mynameisjon
          • Oct 2010

Features needed:

*Selective Sync (I have over 60 GB of music. It's NOT gonna fit into a 8gb SD Card.
          *Needs to go into a "Music" folder and mirror the heirachy thats in my PC.
          *USB sync doesn't seem to work. Can't detect my phone over USB

Comment

Can you optimize Winamp also for QVGA resolution?
            (Screenshot from Vodafone 845)
            Attached Files

Comment

• lanekw01
              • Oct 2010

I'd like to report similar issues as above. I'm on the Samsung Vibrant (2.1 OS) and while the syncing does start with wifi mode if I tell it to, it is syncing all songs and not just the 3 playlists I have selected and my playlists are not going across. Also, the sync is not keeping the phone "awake" and the sync stops part way through. Then when I wake up the phone, it starts all over again.

Any suggestions on getting my actual playlists to sync so I can just play my workout and then recovery music? Thanks

Comment

• lanekw01
                • Oct 2010

I'd like to report similar issues as above. I'm on the Samsung Vibrant (2.1 OS) and while the syncing does start with wifi mode if I tell it to, it is syncing all songs and not just the 3 playlists I have selected and my playlists are not going across. Also, the sync is not keeping the phone "awake" and the sync stops part way through. Then when I wake up the phone, it starts all over again.

Any suggestions on getting my actual playlists to sync so I can just play my workout and then recovery music? Thanks

Comment

• zombieneedo
                  • Oct 2010

Originally Posted by lanekw01 View Post

Right click on the Device you're using and choose Properties. Under Sync you can scroll down on that window to check to only sync the playlists.

Comment

• subliminalurge
                    • Oct 2010

Originally Posted by zombieneedo View Post
                    Right click on the Device you're using and choose Properties. Under Sync you can scroll down on that window to check to only sync the playlists.
                    Well, yeah, you certainly can check the box to only sync playlists. The problem is that Winamp ignores that setting and tries to sync the entire library anyway.

And, as has been pointed out, most people's music collection just ain't gonna fit on an 8GB sd card (which seems to be the largest that's easy to find in brick & mortar stores), particularly since the card won't be 100% dedicated to music. A smartphone is a multi-purpose device, not a dedicated mp3 player like an iPod. I need some of that 8GB for other things.

Comment

• Wolf Schouten
                      • Oct 2010

I have done some testing on four different machines. Three of them with Windows 7 x64, one of them with Windows 7 x86. Those are all the machines I have access to at home.

Using Winamp 5.58 (stable) I am able to sync my Android device over USB.
                      Using Winamp 5.59 (beta) I am not able to sync my device over both USB and Wifi.

Windows recognizes my Android device as a flash drive when I connect it over USB to any of these machines. And I can connect to my Android device with FTP over wifi.

The Winamp sync function is (in my opinion) broken in the beta.

Comment

• subliminalurge
                        • Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Wolf Schouten View Post
                        The Winamp sync function is (in my opinion) broken in the beta.
                        Which is unfortunate, since that's the only thing it really has going for it. Both MixZing and PowerAMP are far superior as music players. It's the syncing that Android is sorely lacking, and the only thing that made Winamp interesting.

Comment

• minos
                          • Oct 2010

Wireless Sync

Same issue here: delete from device does not work.
                          Also: no 'refresh music on device' option: when I delete an album directly on the device (using a File Manager), the album stays on the list in Winamp until I restart the programme.

Winamp for Android: has crashed once, could use visualisation mode with larger album art. Wireless Sync is really a great feature!

HTC Legend (EU)
                          Windows 7
                          Winamp 5.59 beta
                          Latest Winamp for Android
                          Connecting via Wifi

Originally Posted by mikelheim View Post
                          Windows 7
                          Nexus One 2.2
                          Winamp 5.59 beta
                          Latest Winamp for Android
                          Connecting via Wifi

Device found
                          Right-click album in device library
                          "Remove from Device (delete)"
                          Click OK to confirm
                          Deleting Tracks progress bar completes in about a second
                          Tracks are not deleted

Comment

• Bigtuna00
                            • Oct 2010

Originally Posted by philfnyc View Post
                            I followed your directions but do not see any place where I can override the destination directory.

-Phil
                            Add another "vote" for this; need the Advanced tab for devices using Wifi sync so that we can set the Music root folder as well as the playlist folder.

Comment

• Stupifier
                              Major Dude
                              • Nov 2005

Winamp's power/clout with this App will undoubtedly lie with its Phone-2-PC connectivity and features around this connectivity. There are already a ridiculous amount of Android music players out there that do all sorts of neat things....but none (or very few) can say they are directly backed by developers of a Top Rated Desktop music player. Think about it? It is what makes this App special on the Android Market.....and why it is getting some really interesting chatter everywhere.

This simple fact is the unique edge that Android Winamp must exploit to its fullest. This means...as many of you have already said....Make sure the Sync feature works. It is your current selling point. All the little nuances and bugs around Winamp creating their 1st Android app can be easily addressed (the whole where to save directory thing....preventing ringtone plays, etc)....those issues are all common in an Android Beta music player.

Now the big picture. Looking into actual future features (not bug fixes or just obvious problem fixes)....primary focus should be on exploiting that unique edge Android Winamp discussed above.

Possible Features off the top of my head that do this are:

1. Expand Phone-2-PC Connectivity to more than just WiFi.....The Android community loves to connect to their stuff over the internet......wherever they are....work, car, etc. I will refer everyone to the thread link below for further reading/arguing on this point:
                              Help us build what we feel is the best media playback and management app on Android!

2. Controlling Desktop Winamp from your Phone is very nice...there are about 5 different apps currently on the Android market that do this and ONLY this...a couple cost money and are extremely robust in function (for example, aWinampRemote and Lazik).

3. Streaming capability. Listening to any song on your PC's library on-the-fly is great. Winamp Developers already have experience in this department with WinampRemote. Possibly merging WinampRemote functionality into this App (although a rather large request) may be worthwhile.

These are just a few ideas that come to mind. Of course, these features may not be at the top of the list....but they DEFINITELY are features that exploit Android Winamp's unique position and the reason the app is receiving its hype.

Comment

• AceMathias
                                • Oct 2010

I also would like to see an integration with winamp remote. My entire music collection is not going to fit on the SD card i have in my phone and i need additional space on it for photos and vids. If i could simply stream my music over both wifi and 3G to my phone, this would be ideal.

Comment

Working...
                                X