Old 24th February 2011, 07:31   #1
Skurvy_Pirate

Now Playing Album Title Link to Album in Library?

Is there any option or plugin that changes the links on the Song, Artist, Album, etc in the now playing window at the top so that it doesn't do a search on them?

I would like if it linked to the song/artist/album in the actual library instead. You can still click the little "more info i" button to accomplish this. I just keep finding myself clicking the Album name to go the album in my library to quickly change songs.

If there is no way to do this, is there another way to quickly jump to the current song/artist/album that is playing?

Thanks!
Skurvy_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 04:38   #2
Skurvy_Pirate

Anyone know of a way to do this? I really like Winamp so far and the only big deal breaker is that I cannot find a way to jump to an artist/album/song in the library. The biggest case is when playing a playlist or something. You can see the name of the song but no way to jump to where it came from or anything like that. To me that is a big void for some reason.
Old 27th February 2011, 18:38   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
do you mean the buttons described here?

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=327790

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 19:28   #4
Skurvy_Pirate

Yeah, but I am talking about mainly actually clicking the song title, artist, or album in that view. I think that it would be intuitive to have that link to the song/artist/album in the Media Library. And since those buttons you are talking about do the same thing, it's kind of redundant also.
Old 27th February 2011, 19:35   #5
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
well the second button almost always crashes my winamp, does it yours?

i don't know of a way to link the top panes to the ML, but if you double click the scroller it will bring up the tags for the current selection.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 01:13   #6
Skurvy_Pirate

It does not crash it. I never use it though, but I tested it a few times and it's fine.

Yeah I have seen that. What I am looking for is something like the MLFind plugin (which doesn't seem to work anymore, or at least with 64bit Win 7), that takes you to the object in Media Library. The search continues!
Old 5th March 2011, 18:11   #7
danep

I'd like to know the same thing- it's totally unintuitive (and surely a money-grabbing move on Winamp's part) to click the album or artist and get sent to the ad-filled AOL music store...
danep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2011, 06:26   #8
Skurvy_Pirate

Well I am working on something else, but when I get some free time I will start writing a plugin to do this since it really bothers me it isn't a feature and there isn't a plugin that works right now.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:55   #9
trollhammered

Yes! Please write the plugin
trollhammered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 00:43   #10
daveozric

Wtf

I have been trying to figure this out for years. Who the hell wants to go on the internet when clicking on a song? Can't this be an option if that's what you want. It's got to be the only music player that does this. Can't stand it. Mlfind plugin isn't working anymore or at least I forgot how to install it or something.

I think money grubbing is probably the reason. Hence, I am not going pro. Well not paying for it. This really sucks big time.

Why don't they make some options for the pro version besides burning a CD. Oh, that's really special.
daveozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 01:03   #11
Skurvy_Pirate

I have started poking around learning the plugin API. There isn't much documentation so the learning curve is steep but there are some examples. So hopefully I will get some more time to work on it and actually write a plugin for this. For now I am thinking of just having a "Jump to playing" option in the right click context menu.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
library, link, now playing, search