Old 5th June 2007, 20:45   #1
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

Retrieving the Current Volume via SendMessage

Greetings. I'm currently developing an application that hooks into the Creative X-Fi's remote port to be able to freely configure the remote. One of the things I want to do is control Winamp, which already works perfectly. Apart from the fact that I don't seem to be able to retrieve Winamp's current volume setting.

The SDK doesn't shed any light on my question, neither does Google (apart from "i've seen some program do it, so it _must_ be possible", which isn't that helpful). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
CaptainNuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 22:59   #2
DrO

IPC_SETVOLUME with -666 as the param. i'm sure the latest versions of the sdk includes it as a comment note under the IPC_SETVOLUME api

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 02:31   #3
CaptainNuss
Indecisive One
(Senior Member)

I just downloaded it a few days ago, but it doesn't seem to mention -666 anywhere. Thanks a lot!

[size=1]"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
CaptainNuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 11:15   #4
DrO

it ahould be in the one referenced at the top of this forum (think it was 5.32 or 5.33) but whenever a new one is built, there should be a IPC_GETVOLUME #define added to the sdk for whenever a new one is next built

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development