Old 16th November 2012, 07:32   #1
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
I don't see the big picture

So I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2 this is the first time I've ever owned a touch screen phone.

I have always hated on them for the sheer fact that it's a damned PDA. Not a phone.

Anyways, it's what I've got so I have to live with the damned thing.

Seems to me that no one makes cases that protect the WHOLE phone... Just the sides and the back.

Wouldn't protecting the screen be just as big of a concern? I've already got a few scratches on this thing and I cannot for the life of me find a phone case that will protect the whole damned thing!

Anyone have any suggestions?

I've been told to get a "lifeproof case" but i believe those are iphone only products.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 10:56   #2
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

This help? http://www.zazzle.com/samsunggalaxy+s2+cases
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 21:12   #3
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 22:10   #4
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Lol! Might as well get one eh?

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 08:12   #5
rockouthippie
Banned

The glass is "Gorilla glass" and it's pretty tough stuff. If you hit it with an icepick... other than that...... There are films you can stick over the glass. I don't. Edge and corner damage are the killer. Use the regular rubber edge slip cases and don't drop it in the toilet. It's not really very fragile.

I've said "I just want a phone" before. But that was before the smartphones they've been making starting with the iphone 3GS.

Nope... old fart grumbling over... Android and IOS smart phones are really neat and easy peasy.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 20th November 2012 at 10:54.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 02:37   #6
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Heh, I'm still stuck on the "I just want a phone" philosophy. Renee keeps it; we never bothered with a second phone. The money saved per year really adds up, and we don't feel like we're missing out on anything. Smart phones are pretty interesting and very user friendly, but we just don't really feel like they're for us.

But yeah, the corners are what crack. Ask any student of mine to show you their phones' corner cracks. The phone still works like new with those cracks though.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 00:55   #7
rockouthippie
Banned

I think pretty soon the price difference will be effectively zero. It almost is now.

Todays Verizon deal is Razr M for $50. You could get a "dumb" phone for free. I like to use Skype and get my email. You got a HD camera/camcorder.. A speakerphone that actually works... I just think it's worth $50.

Free next year?

I'm using a hand-me-down iphone 3. I have ATT prepaid on it. I can also use it without using minutes with Talk-a-tone and Google voice, so that inside a wifi network I can call and not use any minutes. Android will do the same thing.

So... my cell phone bill is about $15. If I don't buy a new prepaid card... I can still take and make calls with Google Voice.

I just go buy a new card for $30 and I'm good for a couple months for if I'm some place without wifi and that isn't too many places. You call my Google Voice number and it rings everything. House... phone off or on wifi... Computers.. My tablet....

So... it might not even be a bad deal to pop $100 for an old iPhone 3G. I like the non-recurring bill... and the wifi voip stuff it will do is free. You can't do that on a dumb phone.

A lot of the places I go have free wifi. So ... I don't use very many cell phone minutes. And I don't talk while driving. Whatever it was can wait. I also don't have call waiting. I'm talking to somebody else. Wait your turn. I'll get "phone ear" in about 5 minutes and you can catch me then.
Old 5th December 2012, 09:10   #8
cooky560
Major Dude

Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560 Send a message via Skype™ to cooky560
You can get cases with a magnetic front cover on e-bay for almost no money.

example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-STYLIS...item51a4dde381

Cooky560 - Making Pointless Posts since 8/12/ 2002

WWW.
Victory Requires no explanation, defeat allows none.
All that Evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing
cooky560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 08:26   #9
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

I don't care how tough Gorilla Glass claims to be, I've seen too many shattered iPhone & Galaxy S III screens to know better. Get a decent case and one of these ASAP. Better safe than sorry:

http://www.amazon.com/Amzer-AMZ94934...dp/B009COJW7W/

Now I have to ask, why did you get a S II instead of an S III, especially since it's so cheap yet still a top-of-the-line phone?

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 10:26   #10
rockouthippie
Banned

Look.. I have managed not to smash my gorilla glass stuff.. I have 5 thumbs. They will take a 3 foot drop onto carpet, not concrete. I don't do so well when I hit pavement either. Ask my dog. I almost got petulant when she threw me over the handle bars.

See.. dog thread... puppy at up to 28mph.

My iphone 3GS is 5 years old... rubber edge case.... No problemo... Kindle Fire... no case.. 14 mos old and a nasty scratch that is only visible in direct sun. Which doesn't matter because direct sun makes anything unreadable.

I would consider the reliability and durability of modern smart devices to be excellent. Better than the 4lb handset which would have been a phone and a lethal weapon as a projectile.

If you dropped it, you'd break your toe and the phone.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions