Old 31st January 2003, 17:53   #1
hhkyl

Pretty Peach

Well it's finally up. I'm bummed it didn't make it to the first page of the Game category. Oh well, can't get them all. Try harder next time. At least girls have some nice and pink for a change.

Sorry this is the correct link.

http://www.winamp.com/components/det...onentId=128677

Last edited by hhkyl; 31st January 2003 at 19:04.
hhkyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2003, 18:04   #2
_Blackdog_
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to _Blackdog_
umm... thats skinners atlas
_Blackdog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2003, 18:32   #3
dam
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to dam
Yes it is. In case you dont remember bd all templates go in the game category. Don't ask me why.
dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2003, 19:06   #4
hhkyl

Since I'm here, why are my previews always shown with the text colored out? I don't see other skins with this effect.
Old 31st January 2003, 19:20   #5
Jellby
Major Dude

Don't try to understand winamp.com database or screenshot generator, they're too high above us.

Many who live deserve death, some who die deserve life - can you give it to them?
Then be not so quick to deal out death in judgement.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2003, 19:25   #6
dam
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to dam
A lot of my skins have that bug too. Cant do anything about it. Well it isnt a big deal anyway.
dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2003, 21:26   #7
not in santiago

This skin is utterly faboo. It's a breath of fresh air, it really is.

Playstacks: love 'em

EQ: really, really love it. A lot of people would be content just to make the flowers go up and down, but I think the way you made the vine and extra flowers bloom is superkeen

Your Mikro is fine, though in the small mode there's a black line on the bottom of the box. And here I must say something about the Mikro tray icon(s) you've created. They're fantastic. I never use the tray icon because... well, I just never do. But I'll leave it on when I use your skin because I like it so much. The mushroom/flower/star deal is great.

May I nitpick? Do you mind? Just a couple of suggestions to make this keen skin even keenier:

1) It would be nice to see a border on the trellis where it's cut off by the empty preamp space. Just for the sake of tidiness.

2) I'd also make the playlist highlight colour in the Pledit.txt a little less purple and a little more pink. If you're worried about the highlighted text not showing up, just make it a bit darker.

Glad you finished this one!
not in santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2003, 19:39   #8
hhkyl

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions. They mean a lot to me since I never get any constructive criticism. I'll be sure to tweak it with your suggestions in mind.

I have to say mikroamp skin is driving me crazy. For days, I thought it had a bug. The top and bottom wouldn't align in 32 mode. And when thought i had it working, the bug went away and then it was misaligned again. grrrr... Staring at it for too long, that's for sure.
Old 3rd February 2003, 00:14   #9
not in santiago

Hey cool. I usually lay off with the heavy critiquing the first time I say something about someone's skin, 'cause you never know how that someone will take it. But if you're looking for suggestions for improvement, I do have a couple more.

1) Change the scrollbar in your minibrowser to pink and white to match the rest of the skin. To find out how to do that, you can do a thread search in the forums here or download db's Tips & Tricks of Skinning wa2.

2) Perhaps consider putting a bit of a border (maybe one that looks like the lattice) around the song title area in the Main. With the white backgound it's on now, it looks like Peach's head has been cleft in twain.

I meant to say this in my first post - I also like your volume bar for the same reason I like your Eq bars - it just has that little extra. This is a good thing for me to see because when I get into the August days of a skinning project, I'm very tempted to do the bare minimum in terms of animation.

Afraid I can't help you with the Mikro bug. Can't say it's ever happened to me.
not in santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2003, 09:43   #10
ripe
Major Dude

great skin hhkyl, the care and attention really shows through.

and heh, you're right, she does look just a little cross-eyed
ripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2003, 18:49   #11
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Location: Gent, Belgium. does anybody know where the toilets are?
Send a message via ICQ to simon snowflake
i really like the skin, but somehow it misses something. I dunno what though.

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:
simon snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2003, 01:24   #12
hhkyl

I downloaded db's Tips and Tricks a while ago and skimmed through most it. There are some useful, like the num_ex.bmp, but I lot I figured out from trial and error from my earlier skins. I really wished it was available while I was making skins for the first time. It would have saved me a lot of headaches. The instructions and the baseskin that winamp offers is so vague and they were missing a lot of stuff.

Changing the scrollbar colors is a good idea, though I'll have to find a browser that can display it. I only have IE 5.0 and I don't see any changes with the style code.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins