Old 15th February 2003, 19:29   #1
hhkyl

New game skin

I've been working on this for two months now. i haven't been able to find a look i like. The buttons, equalizer bars, etc doesn't feel right. It's time for some professional suggestions.

Speak and impart your wisdom to me.
Attached Images
File Type: png sheik.png (67.2 KB, 165 views)
hhkyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2003, 20:30   #2
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Nice skin, there's a few things i'd change if it were mine though.

I dont really like the white borders around the track info area and eq sliders, they just seem to add too much contrast to an otherwise darkish skin. The white bg for the playlist and time/vis in the main also adds to it. The eq curve vis thingy looks a bit bright to me too.

Cbuttons are really nice, blending in with the feel and color scheme well. The _-X buttons look too simple, as theyre a different style to pretty much everything else in the skin. Perhaps make them more like the cbuttons (even if you pinch the eq sliders and use them).

The eq slider bars would probably look better without a straight black background, they dont need much, just something there to break up the black sections.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2003, 03:29   #3
not in santiago

I agree with Atmo about the white in the playlist. I would tone it down to grey, or maybe make it blue/purple to match the rest of the skin. I do, however, love the thin border around the playlist and I looooove the intricate window borders. Unfortunately, I think those borders get a little lost. It would be nice to see them a bit less pixelated and a bit more soft/3D.

I think the Cbuttons are really great, however, nothing else in the skin matches them, so they look a bit out of place. You'll either have to incorporate that design elsewhere in the skin (maybe the eq bars?), or modify it a bit.

Overall, it's looking very nice. Very classy!
not in santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2003, 04:48   #4
dimichan
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dimichan
agreed, this is looking really nice overall!
dimichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2003, 07:01   #5
hhkyl

Any Better?

Haven't figure out anything for the equalizer bar. I'm not going to leave them plain black. Just can't come up with an animation at the moment.

How does it look without the additional pics?
Attached Images
File Type: png sheik2.png (71.6 KB, 107 views)
hhkyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2003, 07:26   #6
dimichan
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dimichan
hmm... I like both, I liked the first one with the pics, at the same time, this has a clean look which is nice too, and I can see it could make the eq bar animation a bit easier to do
dimichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2003, 18:17   #7
Krynis
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Krynis Send a message via AIM to Krynis Send a message via Yahoo to Krynis
i like the first one better but i like the grey on the eq (i would make the bottom line on the grey 2 px instead of 1)
Krynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins