Old 28th March 2008, 12:08   #1
maryanne

double voice on radio

hi for a while now bout 1mnth ive been hearing like double music anvoices on my winamp its annoying I dwn loaded the 5.3 but its still the same i have the same speakers ive always had I have no idea what has happen. anyone no ?? that you could help me with this ? tyvm maryanne
maryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 12:25   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Disable/uninstall whatever DSP/Effect plugin you installed about a month ago, when this problem began happening. But if you want to keep your DSP/Effect plugin, then reconfigure it so this will no longer happen.

If you didn't install a DSP/Effect plugin, then you may have loaded an Equalizer preset that creates an "echo" effect. In that case, and to test it, either select a different preset or disable the Equalizer (turn it off) and see if the problem goes away.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 12:33   #3
maryanne

tyvm

to nunzio390 tyvm i uninstalled and installed my dx enchancer now I will see if its ok
maryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 14:17   #4
Geofjka

Send a message via ICQ to Geofjka Send a message via AIM to Geofjka Send a message via Yahoo to Geofjka
I think I have the same or similar problem

My Winamp always worked beautifully until my computer gave up the ghost. Along with a newprocessor and video card, I purchased a new mother board that includes a built in HD audio.

For a while I could not put my finger on it but Winamp just did not sound quite right. So, I installed my old Creative Audigy card and it did sound a little better - but still not quite right.

I wondered whether both the motherboard and the old sound card were working at the same. So, I went into the audio setup and made sure that it was using the correct driver - still no better. I then disabled the motherboard audio drivers - still no better.

So, I followed the advice above and turned my equaliser off. It sounded different, so I am sure that I really did turn it off - still no better. The only plugins that I have are in the pack that I downloaded. There are 40 plugins starting with dsp_sps.dll and ending with vis_nsfs.dll. There are four subfolders: DSP_SPS, freeform, Gracenote, and Milkdrop2.

It sounds like it is running two copies of Winamp slightly out of sync with each other. It is not too bad when listening to something simple like a solo. But, when the track reaches a part where it is "busy" with lots of stuff going on at the same time or very quickly, it is indistinct and harsh, or muddy. Something like that.

I don't know what to do next and would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Geoff
Geofjka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 00:31   #5
n0ukf

Send a message via ICQ to n0ukf Send a message via AIM to n0ukf Send a message via Yahoo to n0ukf
I wonder if this is a related problem to what I hear on someone else's radio stream. He is using Winamp (I'm not sure what plugin, I can ask) to broadcast a radio stream and we (various listeners) notice an occasional distortion to his signal. It sounds to me like a multipath delay like if he has a reverb in line with his mic. It goes away whenever he switches back to just music (selecting Winamp, he says).
n0ukf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 01:18   #6
Geofjka

Send a message via ICQ to Geofjka Send a message via AIM to Geofjka Send a message via Yahoo to Geofjka
Thank you. It would be helpful to know what plugin he is using. "Reverb" sounds like the best way to describe what I am hearing.

Geoff
Old 17th January 2009, 01:43   #7
mwalimu

I believe I'm the friend n0ukf is referring to. The only DSP/Effect plugin I'm using when this happens is Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v1.9.0 [dsp_sc.dll], which is required for webcasting (I normally switch my DSP/Effect plugin to (none) the rest of the time). I've never been able to pinpoint the cause of the distortion my listeners report, in part because there are no observable symptoms on my end so I can't tell when it's happening.

The 'selecting Winamp' he mentioned refers to the Input Device dropdown under the Input tab of the SHOUTcast Source window - I set it to "Winamp" when I have songs playing, and I've never had distortion reported under that setting, but I have to switch it to "Soundcard Input" to use the mic, or if I want to broadcast anything from any sound source other than Winamp.
mwalimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2009, 14:22   #8
Geofjka

Thanks for the info.
I did a search in Program Files\Winamp and nothing came up. The only DSP plugin is dsp_sps.dll

Geoff
Old 18th January 2009, 14:47   #9
Geofjka

Shoutcast Source Window

Maybe, I am not looking in the right place. I could not find the "SHOUTcast Source window".

I have never use Winamp for anything other than playing mp3 files from my hd. I went to Winamp.com and clicked on one of the shoutcast stations listed there and they worked fine.

Geoff
Old 20th January 2009, 01:08   #10
mwalimu

Re: Shoutcast Source Window

Quote:
Originally posted by Geofjka
Maybe, I am not looking in the right place. I could not find the "SHOUTcast Source window".

I have never use Winamp for anything other than playing mp3 files from my hd. I went to Winamp.com and clicked on one of the shoutcast stations listed there and they worked fine.
That would be correct - you don't need the SHOUTcast plugin to listen to SHOUTcast streams. I need it because I'm the DJ for one.

mwalimu
mwalimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 01:33   #11
Geofjka

Fixed it!
I gave up struggling. I uninstalled Winamp and downloaded it again. It is great to hear clean crisp music.
Thanks for the input.

Geoff
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support