Old 2nd November 2016, 12:30   #1
acarabbal

Same streaming radio name, as my radio????

Hi there everybody

I'm Antonis and i own rockmelodic-radio.com

My streaming name is Rock Melodic Radio, and it's at the genre of ROCK/HARD ROCK, at shoutcast radios List

Yesterday, suddenly, another radio station ( rockradio1.com i think) appeard at the same genre with the same streaming name as Rock Melodic Radio!!!!

So now listeners get confused, cause both of radios use 192kbps quality of streaming.
So everything at the shoutcast list, looks the same.

I'd like to ask you to rename the streaming name of Rock Radio 1, cause i think there is a mistake with the streaming name

Thank you very much, for your time, and let me know please

Last edited by acarabbal; 2nd November 2016 at 12:43. Reason: Please change the streaming name and the genre of (rockradio1.com i think
acarabbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:52   #2
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

That's the thing about Internet radio people can call their stations what they want...

Shoutcast would be powerless to stop duplicate station names streaming from different streaming IP's as they technically don't have access to the admin of the server of the (other) offending radio station.

Just use a more unique name I guess... Since when was ROCK melodic??

USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Online: Twitter - Blog - RadioDJ
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2016, 18:52   #3
acarabbal

Probably you haven't understand what i mean

The name of the other radio station is

rockradio1 and not Rock Melodic Radio, and i think it's a mistake of shoutcast probably

because it's a long time on air, and suddenly yesterday, has the same name with my radio

The name of the other radio is still rockradio1 . It hasn't change its name to Rock Melodic Radio!!!

I bet they don't even know that their name is Rock Melodic Radio at the shoutcast list
Old 2nd November 2016, 22:38   #4
jaromanda
Forum King

yeah, this is not the first time I've read a thread about shoutcast YP screwing up like that, and it wont be the last I bet. switch to something like icecast - seems open source solutions never have the same stupid issues as closed source solutions

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2016, 09:30   #5
acarabbal

Thank you very much my friend! Really is anybody here from shoutcast, to answer and help me to find out what's goin on?
Old 4th November 2016, 03:23   #6
CJPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarabbal View Post
Hi there everybody

I'm Antonis and i own rockmelodic-radio.com

My streaming name is Rock Melodic Radio, and it's at the genre of ROCK/HARD ROCK, at shoutcast radios List

Yesterday, suddenly, another radio station ( rockradio1.com i think) appeard at the same genre with the same streaming name as Rock Melodic Radio!!!!

So now listeners get confused, cause both of radios use 192kbps quality of streaming.
So everything at the shoutcast list, looks the same.

I'd like to ask you to rename the streaming name of Rock Radio 1, cause i think there is a mistake with the streaming name

Thank you very much, for your time, and let me know please

Hi there,

Rockradio1.com is my station. I have not changed anything to have caused this to happen. It must be an issue with the YP. We have used the same settings now for many years.

Hopefully someone who has access to the YP can take a look at what the issue may be. As it is now our 192k feed is playing under this guys listing.
CJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 09:27   #7
acarabbal

Hi there my friend, and i'm happy that you found out what's going on.

I'm absolutely sure that you never changed anything of your settings. Your radio is very good and many listeners. Both of us don't have any reason to change the stream name!!!
I also never changed my settings the last 5 years, so for sure something 's going wrong

If you go to shoutcast.com

and after you choose the genre of ROCK and after HARD ROCK , you'll find your radio as Rock Melodic Radio!!!!! Also if you choose to see the radios, by listeners, we are athe first 2 positions!!!!! That's why listeners get confused. Yesterday they were asking me when did i changed my music!!!!!!! LoLOL

Really, is anybody going to fix that?

*Your radio is awesome!!!!! I liked a lot your music!!!!!
Old 4th November 2016, 20:47   #8
CJPR

Hi again,

Thanks for the compliment.

I seemed to have fixed it by restarting my encoders. Everything seems to be working as it should now. Not sure why it happened but it is all good now.

Rock on !
Old 4th November 2016, 23:50   #9
CJPR

Well it seems I have spoken too soon. The problem is the same again. I will see what else I can try.
Old 5th November 2016, 21:40   #10
acarabbal

Hi there my friend. I'm not sure that you can do something. i think it's a shoutcast mistake

Thanks anyway for what you do
Have a great Sunday
Old 6th November 2016, 03:39   #11
CJPR

Thank you, same to you.

Okay, I think I got it this time.

I had to shut down everything and then after a 10 minute wait I restarted everything and all seems well now.

Fingers crossed, I hope it stays that way.
Old 6th November 2016, 22:22   #12
CJPR

All still seems fine. Looks like we are okay now.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support