Old 19th January 2013, 17:37   #1
Australe

Trying to separate artist and title

Hello everybody

First I have to say that I'm french. I hope my post will be understandable. Please make complete sentences and use full letters when you respond. Thanks.

I'm trying to make a skin for Winamp 5. I tryied with frisbeemonkey's tutorial (very good one !) but things didn't go very well... I never did any progammation before. I may not understand everything in the tuto because of the language used, it's not so easy for me.
Now I have something not that bad with a skin of an Ipod I modified. I managed to add buttons, change colors and buttons design (I use Gimp for the images).

My problem is : I can't separate the name of the song and the name of the artist. For the moment I use this code :

<text
ticker="1"
display="songname" default="" showlen="0" align="center"
x="22" y="25"
w="81" h="18"
color="0,0,0"
font="player.tickerfont" fontsize="14" antialias = "2" bold = "1"
/>

It shows the entire name artist + title of the song. My skin is like an Ipod, so it's higher than wide and I can't read it entirely. How can I do to have the name of the artist on top and the name of the song under it ?
I tried to change the display to "songtitle" and "songartist" but the text disappear...

This is my skin before (white one) and after (black one) :

Can you help me ?

EDIT : I forgot to say that the artist and title are well known by Winamp, it shows correctly when I use another skin that separates the two things.
Australe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 13:49   #2
pjn123
Major Dude

Hi Australe

Don't feel bad, what you tried is suppose to work but somehow its broken in Winamp.

You can use the SC:Text object:
Download SC:Text

It's very easy to implement. Just see the notes inside the xml file of the download.

When your finished you can use this object like this:
PHP Code:
<SC:Text
   x
="172" y="31" w="-281" h="15" relatw="1"

fontsize="18"

myText="%artist% - %title% (%length.time%)"

dblclickaction="trackinfo"
/> 
You can play around with the myText="" field using all the %xxx% commands in that post above. Its just like a normal <text/> object but you can now create your own custom text.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 15:13   #3
Australe

Hi !

Thanks for your help !

I downloaded the files and then put it in a Xui folder. Then I placed the text you gave me in my text (with the mention <include file="Xui/SC Text Objects/SC Text Objects.xml"/> in my skin.xml) but nothing happen. Did I forget something ? Is there another manipulation to do before I can use the text ?

This is the part of my text where the command for the text is :

Quote:
<groupdef id="player.normal" name="Winamp">

<layer id="lcd"
x="0" y="0"
ghost="0"
image="displayscreen" />

<SC:Text
x="22" y="15" w="81" h="18" relatw="1"
fontsize="18"
myText="%artist% - %title% (%length.time%)"
dblclickaction="trackinfo"
/>

<text id="songTitle" ticker="1"
display="songtitle" default=""
x="22" y="25"
w="81" h="18"
sysregion="1"
font="Tahoma" fontsize="14" align="center" bold="1" antialias="1" color="0,0,0"/>
(I kept the original text with display "songtitle" because I use this skin right now and I wanna see something)

I have another question. I searched on the forum but didn't find my answer (or maybe it's not possible). I have a lyrics plugin and I would like to add a button like the playlist's one to open and close the lyrics window. Is it possible ? How does it work ?
Old 21st January 2013, 06:41   #4
pjn123
Major Dude

You must include the new object in your skin.xml file too. Just add this line above the player.xml line (must be loaded before the rest of your skin is loaded).
PHP Code:
<include file="Xui/SC Text Objects/SC Text Objects.xml"/> 
As for the lyric button - Custom plugins for some reason doesn't want to open with a button
If it worked you would have used the "guid" code for the plugin (you cant just see this somewhere easy - You can see it in your %appdata%/Winamp/studio.xnf somewhere. But anyway last time I checked the button for a 3rd party plugin didn't work so I wont bother with it

Second best option would maybe be to have a button that shows the Winamp "View" menu (like in Winamp Modern and Big Bento skin).

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 09:52   #5
Australe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjn123 View Post
You must include the new object in your skin.xml file too. Just add this line above the player.xml line (must be loaded before the rest of your skin is loaded).
THAT was the problem ! Thanks you, it works !!

Ok I give up the lyrics button. I'll just use the keyboard shortcut.

Thanks for your help and explanations !
Old 17th July 2013, 02:39   #6
corwwin

Bsr

Tu peux charger l'une de mes skins (Baroque ou Steamed up) et utiliser les makis, les codes source sont joints.
corwwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins