Old 21st May 2013, 19:18   #1
zackbuffo

Winam crashes due to nde.dll

Hi there,

this morning Winamp worked with no problems (for, I don't know, 2 years on this machine). When I came back home in the afternoon, Winamp didn't start anymore. I didn't change anything on my system, that's why I'm a little bit confused. Here's the Windows 7 64bit (fully patched) error report (it's in German, hopefully you can map the entries):

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: winamp.exe, Version: 5.6.3.3234, Zeitstempel: 0x4fe1f6d1
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: nde.dll, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4fe1f6dc
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00004938
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x790
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01ce564b75725421
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\nde.dll
Berichtskennung: b55f2aa7-c23e-11e2-bd2d-005056c00008

I tried several Winamp and System restarts, but nothing helped. Any ideas how to fix that?

Ich suche jemand in Deutschland, der seinen TAMA Starclassic Maple Kesselsatz tauschen möchte BD:22, TT:14, 12, 10. Ich bin mit dem Set sehr zufrieden, habe mich aber an meiner Lackierung "Tequila Sunrise" sattgesehen. Das Set ist von 2002, gepflegt und wurde ausschließlich in Cases transportiert. Bei Interesse bitte PM an mich. Immernoch aktuell in 2018!!!
zackbuffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 20:41   #2
zackbuffo

Solved

Hi there,

I solved it myself. I didn't get the exact cuse, but it was something MediaLibrary related. I deleted main, art and art_60 .dat and .idx files as well as all .vmd files from the AppData > Roaming > Winamp folder.

Fileselection was "by guess" and I hit it.

Maybe someone knows some backround about what could have caused the issue...

Ich suche jemand in Deutschland, der seinen TAMA Starclassic Maple Kesselsatz tauschen möchte BD:22, TT:14, 12, 10. Ich bin mit dem Set sehr zufrieden, habe mich aber an meiner Lackierung "Tequila Sunrise" sattgesehen. Das Set ist von 2002, gepflegt und wurde ausschließlich in Cases transportiert. Bei Interesse bitte PM an mich. Immernoch aktuell in 2018!!!
zackbuffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 20:48   #3
DrO

and there i was going to ask you to install the 5.7 beta to get a crash report out of it to try to debug, though sounds like you've moved things beyond that now being applicable to try. as the update hadn't been there when i'd got delayed in posting.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support