Old 20th August 2012, 12:59   #1
p0rt

redistribute shoutcast

can you include shoutcast and transcoder in another project in sourceforge, when i release the next version of null nuke i would do a seperate pack that include shoutcast/transcoder windows binaries as a template server with them already setup when you install null nuke
p0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 13:04   #2
DrO

you can download them from the site as part of the install process but cannot physically include them in your package.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 14:07   #3
p0rt

not even with the shear power of the control panel, i`ll include this theme for you http://ush3.site50.net/ minus the star background

the 2 could dominate the world with ease http://origin.site90.net/
Old 20th August 2012, 14:10   #4
DrO

what are you going on about?
Old 20th August 2012, 14:54   #5
p0rt

the shoutcast 2 control panel that is part of null nuke, if you use null nuke on a dedicated box you can fully manage sc trans and sc serv in administration control panel or remotely montior remote sc serv`s hosted else where

setting up sc trans and sc serv, adding dj`s, and calandar events etc etc is no doubt a headfu reading the instructions in a text file that is in the ./streams/shoutcast2/ folder of null nuke
Old 20th August 2012, 15:04   #6
DrO

i know setting up things is a pain, that's why the DNAS and Transcoder are getting improvements to simplify it but the whole point of all of the other control panels that i'm aware of is to also setup things for the user of the control panel - if yours is not doing that (i've not tried it or have any intention to do so any time soon) then you need to resolve that failure.

-daz
Old 20th August 2012, 16:55   #7
p0rt

my control panel is 2 form button clicks to setup a test sc serv and sc trans, then add a dj from the droplist and you can connect and stream

there wont be another shoutcast2 control panel for years
Old 20th August 2012, 17:10   #8
DrO

i think you need to re-check your last statement, there are other control panels which support the v2 tools - some are still in beta or are only used by hosting providers internally but people are already using them since months back.

-daz
Old 20th August 2012, 17:21   #9
p0rt

mines not beta, and you dont have to touch any conf file, playlist or calandar XML, conf files are all generated and parsed with forms along with playlists, calandar XML is generated when you start up the transcoder.. all you need to put on your server is :

logs\
vuimages\
sc_serv.exe or linux
sc_trans.exe or linux

and no other files
Old 20th August 2012, 17:25   #10
DrO

i said some are in beta - that does not mean _all_ are in beta and they all generate the configs as well. but whatever you're trying to achieve, i'm not interested in your control panel (or the any of others to be honest), i was just trying to make you see that you solution is not so 'special' anymore by having v2 support when others are doing it actively in paid setups (as most of them are).

-daz
Old 20th August 2012, 17:37   #11
p0rt

its better to stick to abusing your 100mbs unlimited bandwidth and full control over your server with a monster CMS thats fully dynamic and scalable, themeable, customizable etc etc

so i can include unpacked windows binaries in the next release
Old 20th August 2012, 17:42   #12
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rt View Post
so i can include unpacked windows binaries in the next release
that is not what i said. i said you are only allowed to pull down the installers / archives from the site and install them on the machine - you cannot ship the sc_serv[.exe] / sc_trans[.exe] program files on their own in your solution.

-daz
Old 20th August 2012, 17:54   #13
p0rt

that is what i meant.. cant
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions