Old 12th April 2014, 10:52   #41
webthing
Forum King

Within a year and a half, North America will be able to see a blood moon a total of four times. The moon takes on this color during the eclipse as it passes through the Earth's shadow, which is the color of a desert sunset.

The four blood moons will occur in roughly six-month intervals on the following dates: April 15, 2014; October 8, 2014; April 4, 2015, and September 28, 2015.

With that frequency, one might be misled into thinking that they are commonplace.
There are about two lunar eclipses per year, NASA says. Some of them -- penumbral eclipses -- are so subtle, they are vaguely visible and go greatly unnoticed.

Other eclipses just cast a partial shadow on the moon but lend it none of that brilliant sunset hue.

Lunar eclipses -- penumbral, partial or umbral -- occur in random order, NASA says. Getting four umbral eclipses in a row is like drawing a rare lunar poker hand of four of a kind.
Just like the poker players, astronomers have a name for that lucky draw. It's called a tetrad, NASA says.

"The most unique thing about the 2014-2015 tetrad is that all of them are visible for all or parts of the USA," longtime NASA eclipse expert Fred Espenak said in a prepared statement.
In the 21st century, there will be many tetrads, but look back a few centuries, and you'll find the opposite phenomenon, Espenak said.
Before the dawn of the 20th century, there was a 300-year period when there were none, he said. Zero.

That would mean that neither Sir Isaac Newton, Mozart, Queen Anne, George Washington, Napoleon, Abraham Lincoln nor their contemporaries ever had a chance to see one.

webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 14:06   #42
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I hope, on 15th April the sky in Berlin will not be covered with clouds. The last times we were not able to see the "Blood Red Moon"...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 19:43   #43
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

I'm puzzled, first you talk specifically about the US, then you talk about Napoleon, Mozart and other people from other countries. Is this just for that tiny fragment of the earth that's called USA or for the entire planet?

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 12:18   #44
webthing
Forum King

Sorry Warrior. That post was a another copy and paste hack job by me. Usually I'll post the link to the story, but i was in a rush.

Hack job came from here.http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/11/tech/i...on/blood-moon/
Old 15th April 2014, 01:00   #45
webthing
Forum King

No Blood Red Moon for me tonight.

Forecast cloudy with showers.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/har...330288?hour=27

Northeast Regional Radar & Satellite Combo
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/nor...adar-rs?play=1

Old 3rd May 2014, 06:07   #46
beanboy89
(Major Dude)
isn't very custom

Hey webthing, sorry for the late reply here, but nothing for me in Hanover that night. Damn clouds. Really wanted to see that red moon.
beanboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 05:57   #47
webthing
Forum King

Super Blood Moon eclipse on night of September 27-28 2015

http://earthsky.org/?p=51212

Hey beanboy hope the weather holds up.

I'm in the burg now. Harrisburg.

Dam. Rain.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...5#.VgYgptLntpg

Hey beanboy how are you? Got your soul right? Super Blood Moon coming.

The Sept. 27 phenomenon is considered as something special because it seldom happens that a supermoon and an eclipse happen simultaneously.

The last one occurred in 1982 and for those who would miss the coming celestial show, their next chance would be after almost two decades since the next supermoon eclipse is set to take place in 2033.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septem..._lunar_eclipse

Preppers are stockpiling food as dreaded September 27 ‘Blood Moon Apocalypse’ nears

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...-1227533200479

According to Wikipedia, the “idea of a blood moon serving as an omen of the coming of the end times comes from the Book of Joel, where it is written ‘the sun will turn into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes’.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TbK0vitz5z...rt%2BSolar.png

So What Future Worldly Events Does This Sign Foreshadow?
Well, first brace yourselves for this: NASA says there will be no more “BIBLICAL” TETRADS for almost another 600 years, in the year 2582-83 AD, (please look it up on NASA websites). And it will not have a Super BLOOD MOON or Star of David Planetary Alignment. Can you only imagine our world limping along for another 600 years as we know the world today.

In general the seeds under this umbrella are rampant today:

Nuclear proliferation and threats
Financial chaos derived from Gov’t printing presses issuing free money
Unexplained animal, bird, and fish deaths and extinctions
Extreme weather patterns, excessive tornadoes, volcanoes, earthquakes
Deception, Immorality, Lawlessness, Loss of Family Values abound
Insecurity (NSA global spying)
Apostacy, and on and on and on
Are these not all prevalent today and in a BIG way. With the torrid pace of technology doubling every two and one half years (Daniel 12:4), is it no wonder that all these earthly signs are developing at warp speed in concert together.

Specifically, the prophecized major earthly events that are already primed to unfold are:

The Psalm 83 War where Israel’s hostile border neighbors are completely decimated by Israel’s Defense Forces (Ezekial 37:10 and Issiah 54:17 : “No weapon formed against thee shall prosper”). Can Iran, who says they will destroy Israel, hear this?? This war highlights today’s daily news headliner, Damascus, Syria, the world’s longest, largest, “continuing” city which will become a “ruinous heap….in one evening” ( Issiah 17:1,14). By the way, Israel has a population of 5.5 million and is the size of New Jersey. Israel’s border neighbors are the size of ½ of the continental United States with a population of 170 million. ( Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Gaza, and the West Bank).

What Must We Do Now?

Get our life and our loved one’s spiritual house in order with Jesus. John 14:6: “I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me.”
Put our efforts into reaching others’ souls to seek Jesus.
PRAY, PRAY, PRAY (Psalms 55:17).

WATCH, WATCH, WATCH, what cargo these BLOOD MOONS will deliver. Luke 21:28: “And when these things begin to come to Pass, look up lift up your head, for your redemption draweth nigh.” The imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is upon us. This Cosmic SIGN tells us so. Something BIG is going to happen it couldn’t be more explicit. Glory to Almighty God (Issiah 46:9: “…there is none like me”). He is coming back sooner than we may think.

After all, how could Almighty God and “secular” NASA both independently be on the same page at the same time for all these thousands of years. Is this not sufficient enough proof necessary to validate that something BIG is about to happen knowing there are no more Biblical BLOOD MOONS for another 600 years. Friends, this is the REAL DEAL

Old 27th September 2015, 21:54   #48
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

I'm thinking about setting my alarm clock at 4:00 since the total eclipse starts at 4:11 here and there's an increasing chance of fog throughout the night/early morning.

I was surprised about the amount of crap there was when I googled 'full moon september'. I expected newspapers and meteo websites, I found numerous dodgy 'feel the stars' sites instead.

Not so sure I want to be outside in the middle of the night together with all the freaks

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2015, 23:05   #49
webthing
Forum King

Nice to hear from you wotl! Take care.

Overcast here and much of the east coast.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/nat...adar-rs?play=1

Eastern Daylight Time (September 27, 2015)
Partial umbral eclipse begins: 9:07 p.m. EDT on September 27
Total eclipse begins: 10:11 p.m. EDT
Greatest eclipse: 10:47 p.m. EDT
Total eclipse ends: 11:23 p.m. EDT
Partial eclipse ends: 12:27 a.m. EDT on September 28
Old 29th September 2015, 16:46   #50
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have seen it early in the morning from the balcony, before it disappeared behind the house.

Again my 2 links...
https://www.google.de/search?q=naech...OMaSsAGQ86nQAQ
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_...._Jahrhunderts
after I had posted them already in "What are You listening to right now?".

BTW, redrainbowsea.jpg in 850x638 pixel from this thread (page 1) is very good as random texture & desktop wallpaper...

Old 29th September 2015, 17:29   #51
webthing
Forum King

Hi Sabine. Nice to hear from you.

Thanks for the links.
Sept. 27, 2015 Blood moon through telescope. (not mine)

Old 30th September 2015, 16:29   #52
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Nice to see You here, webthing...

I can swear, a few weeks ago I have seen the texture for the Milkdrop Visualizer in this thread. But when I posted in "What are You listening to right now?" and searched in this thread, suddenly I had to shut down Firefox with the task manager. Now I wanted to search it again, but I don't find it anymore...

Also the photo in Your posting looks very good. I myself had to cheat with IrfanView. At least a friend had sent us a photo with a Grey Moon, and we had edited it with the online image editor Lunapic. The images appear also in "KLAL! - Lied der Sterne pt. 2 (edited)"...
http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=27086

Old 1st October 2015, 09:10   #53
chapiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by webthing View Post
Hi Sabine. Nice to hear from you.

Thanks for the links.
Sept. 27, 2015 Blood moon through telescope. (not mine)

awesome pic
chapiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions