Old 1st December 2005, 02:12   #1
Starbucks
Forum King

Kill myself on a new bike or fast car?

I've been missing from the forums for quite some time now. I've managed to save up around $7,000 and I'm looking to buy a new bike or build a fast car.

Should I buy this?

140HP@17,500RPM WOW!
Weight: Less than nothing!

I love bikes. This new Yamaha is pretty awesome. Astonishing HP for a only a 600cc.

Or build a sleeper:

260HP@8,500RPM
Weight: 1,900

The reason why I chose this little thingy as my second choice is because it's extremely light; It weighs an incredible 2000lbs stock and 1900 stripped. The car would only cost about $2000-$3000, but I would drop in a 260hp K20A motor costing around $4000. Yes, it IS an expensive engine. A 1900lb car and a 260hp (all stock) yields a conservative 12.1 1/4 mile. That's C6 power and near Lotus handling for under $10k. This car is so light it could easily pull 1g with some suspension modifications and wide sticky tires.

The choices...
Old 1st December 2005, 02:47   #2
sgtfuzzbubble011

That's the bike I was going to get... Of course that Yamaha looks sweet, too. I just don't care for the riding position, personally. But if that's your thing, then go for it.
Old 1st December 2005, 02:52   #3
theknub
Major Dude

the bike looks cooler.

When you take a hand and chop the fingers off... what do u get?

That would be the knub.
Old 1st December 2005, 03:03   #4
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

NO RICERS!
Buy a quad, a nice Yamaha 4 stroker'll give you more pleasure

Shit, nevermind cause then you'd have to buy a truck and trailer to haul it with
Old 1st December 2005, 03:41   #5
rockouthippie
Banned

Grandma Hippie says:

"Don't buy that rice rocket, you'll kill yourself".

Unless you have 3 or 4 years riding experience you ought to get yourself something a little more tame. This is an advanced bike, and with 30 years of riding experience, I'd be real careful.

I know the bike salesmen will send you guys out with a suicycle, but I know a lot of guys that made pizza because they were riding too much bike.
Old 1st December 2005, 04:42   #6
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie

I know the bike salesmen will send you guys out with a suicycle...
LOL!
Old 1st December 2005, 09:22   #7
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Irish law dictates that your first bike has to be 125cc or less for your first year, before you can even consider getting your provisional licence for anything bigger, and with good reason. As rockouthippie said earlier, unless you have 3 or 4 years experience on a less powerful bike, I wouldn't even consider it. At least you have some chance of walking away from the car if you screw up, and believe me, it's all too easy spin out a bike like that when you aren't used to it.

And if you think I'm playing it safe, you are talking to someone that will take his chances with anything, and has the injuries to show for it - just ask Twilightseer

Like my photography? Buy some here....
Old 1st December 2005, 21:17   #8
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
EK Civics don't weigh 2000 lbs...Maybe 2400-2500lbs, but 400lbs at least is too far of a shot...Where'd you get your info from?

Personally, I'd go with Sarge's Suzuki v-twin bike he's pulled up there, of the choises made in this thread...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 1st December 2005, 21:30   #9
dlichterman
Forum King

Or you could not kill yourself

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
Old 1st December 2005, 23:15   #10
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Real men ride one of these if they want to die.

I got off of it after three months, one rear tire, a clutch change and an assload of court dates.
Old 1st December 2005, 23:36   #11
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88

My kind of bikes...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2nd December 2005, 00:56   #12
General Geoff
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to General Geoff Send a message via AIM to General Geoff
As a relatively new motorcyclist myself (bought my first bike back in July), I must say that having a bike that powerful isn't necessarily life-threatening, so long as you can restrain yourself. I bought an 1100cc bike right off the bat, and I couldn't be happier. Took a little getting used to how heavy it was after I took my initial training course on a 250cc Honda, but the abundance of power is almost a non-issue if you just remember one thing: The bike will only go as fast as your right hand lets it. Also keep in mind that eventually, once you get used to that bike you're looking at, it will be orders of magnitude faster than that Civic could ever hope to be.

Old 2nd December 2005, 01:00   #13
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

The custom Vrod's rule:

/drools
Old 2nd December 2005, 01:22   #14
DrDel

dude,

dont buy either

there is a reason why motorcycles are called "donorcycles" -- just make sure your organ donor card is filled out!

drive safely
Old 2nd December 2005, 01:30   #15
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Sit at home and play videogames to experience real thrills then.
Old 2nd December 2005, 02:28   #16
sgtfuzzbubble011

I'm not much of a Harley-Davidson fan, but those two (and the Buell) look amazing. I sat on the first one in the Harley shop just outside of Baton Rouge about four or five months ago, too. Sweet bike, but a little pricey.

* sgtfuzzbubble99 still wants the M50
Old 3rd December 2005, 01:06   #17
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

My uncle Allen used to have a Honda Shadow about a year or so ago...It was pretty bad-ass, and loud too (Put straight pipes on the sucker)...He sold it though, for some reason...

One of my cousins, Michael, apparently has a Yamaha YZF-R6 from a picture I found, that looks pretty sweet too...I've never seen it though; That picture is from New Mexico (Where he lives, and where his dad and my Uncle Joey live; My uncle is an aviator pilot, which explains the plane and the hanger in the background)...

Kentucky country roads are sooo fucking beautiful! Miles and miles of desolate farmland, twisty roads, and hardly any traffic...If I had a motorcycle, I would be cruising those roads every weekend of my life...It would be such a nice stress reliever...

Old 3rd December 2005, 02:57   #18
sgtfuzzbubble011

That's right. You should CRUISE on them...

Old 6th December 2005, 05:09   #19
Starbucks
Forum King

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/pr...cc_civicguide/

Remove the comfy stuff and other useless components and you'll have around 1900lbs of metal. The civic I like is not the one in the picture, it's a generation older; eg chassy I think. Perfect platform for building a twisty racer with such little weight, and no other naturally aspirated 4 cylinder even comes close. But I've decided to get the R6. It's just sexy and the mileage is hybrid-like, when comparing to cars. The fast car, maybe later in life.

Last edited by Starbucks; 6th December 2005 at 05:26.
Old 6th December 2005, 21:03   #20
rockouthippie
Banned

The problem with Harlem Jigglesomes is that they're a slug. My friend has a TPI (Touring Police Interceptor). It might catch cars ok, but it's a slug, even with $4000 extra in the motor.

That bike couldn't even beat the little CB 750 I was riding then.

It wasn't just a little slow either, it was embarrasing. $4000 bucks later, he still couldn't catch me, but at least it was closer.

Maybe when I'm old.

A good little bike is the VT600 Shadow. Not much to start with, but a grand in aftermarket parts can push these over 100 hp. Still not a rocket, but fast enough to be a lot of fun.

I really like the Shadow..... bang for the buck!. And it's comfortable and easy to ride.

Like Chev mentioned though, I ride 5 years, quit three, because of the cops. They love to write bikers tickets. I am about a year from my next bike (the tickets will have all fallen off).

A few tickets with your bike and your car insurance gets really nasty.

I kind of lean toward V4 cruisers like the VMAX and (with earlier models Honda screwed up this bike in modern years) Magna.

I love the "note" of a V4.
Old 6th December 2005, 21:31   #21
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
The problem with Harlem Jigglesomes is that they're a slug. My friend has a TPI (Touring Police Interceptor). It might catch cars ok, but it's a slug, even with $4000 extra in the motor.
I like Harleys, but if there's one thing I couldn't care less about them, is speed...They're supposed to be cruising bikes, not speed demons...

If you wanna go fast, buy a crotch-rocket...

Old 6th December 2005, 21:36   #22
gaekwad2
Foorum King

If you wanna go slow, buy a Vespa.
Old 6th December 2005, 21:44   #23
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

I want a yellow Vespa with a "P!" sticker on the left-front...

Old 7th December 2005, 11:29   #24
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Buy the car. It is safer and you can drive it in bad weather also.

Now, the other part of me says If you want a cycle why not get a dirt bike? You can race and have fun

When I was 7 I had a dirt bike. My dad would take us to the races every weekend. I raced for a year until I crashed one day <no perm injuries> but my mom freaked out and made my dad sell it. I have always liked motorcycles.
Old 7th December 2005, 14:20   #25
SHAMAN999

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY STARBUCKS-KILL MYSELF ON A BIKE OR CAR?

BIKES ARE COOLER...
I GUESS IF U WANNA GET KILLED THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO GO ---THE YAMAHA$$$
A WORD OF CAUTION ---DON'T TRY TO TEST IT'S TRUE POTENTIAL..I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU.....
Old 7th December 2005, 14:24   #26
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

WHAT?!? WE CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

My god, even your profile is in caps
Old 7th December 2005, 21:32   #27
Naamloos
Forum King

is nice =]
Old 7th December 2005, 21:53   #28
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
I like Harleys, but if there's one thing I couldn't care less about them, is speed...They're supposed to be cruising bikes, not speed demons...

If you wanna go fast, buy a crotch-rocket...
I think when you drop 20 large for a bike, it ought to be able to get out of it's own way. Then we come to the Harley sound.... my lawnmower makes a lot of noise, isn't fast, and DOESN'T cost $20,000.

Harleys have become a yuppie garage ornament.

You don't need a rice rocket to catch a Harley. Kripe, cars will catch em'. That's just uncool.
Old 7th December 2005, 22:28   #29
sgtfuzzbubble011

That M50 I posted up towards the top of this thread would eat any Harly-Davidson alive. And, if by some magical force, you found a Harley that could beat it, the M95 that I posted just a little ways up would take care of that. Not to mention that the M50 only costs $7,400 brand new...
Old 7th December 2005, 22:54   #30
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

When I was nearly killed on my "crotch rocket" I swore the next bike would be a Harley. That way I could go slow and be cool, hippie.
The fact that cars will catch them makes them uncool?
STFU
Old 7th December 2005, 23:13   #31
sgtfuzzbubble011

This or this?

Old 8th December 2005, 01:45   #32
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Take the scooter Sarge
Old 8th December 2005, 02:32   #33
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Gay and Gayer

Old 8th December 2005, 06:05   #34
rockouthippie
Banned

Rice burners are smoother quieter and just ride better. I also like enough power to go "bye bye" to idiots. I like Hondas in general because I think they are the least trouble.

If I was gonna ride a harley, it's probably be an old chop like this or a mid-sixties electraglide.
Old 9th December 2005, 04:46   #35
Starbucks
Forum King

Quote:
I like Hondas in general because I think they are the least trouble.
Not only are they reliable, Honda 4 cylinders engines are arguably the best 4-bangers in the world. It's output in horsepower and torque can not be matched by any other manufacturer offering similar displacement engines.
Old 9th December 2005, 10:27   #36
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

Old 10th December 2005, 01:34   #37
sgtfuzzbubble011

What japanese anime show did that come from?
Old 10th December 2005, 01:40   #38
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

THIS is a bike to kill yourself on...

The Dodge Tomahawk concept bike...Looking like something the Terminator would ride, it's got a 500hp 8.3L OHV V10 straight from the Viper SRT-10...Theoretical top speed of 400mph...

Old 10th December 2005, 02:49   #39
sgtfuzzbubble011

Jetbike

Or... the redneck jetbike
Old 10th December 2005, 03:25   #40
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
What japanese anime show did that come from?
Akira
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions