Old 11th December 2005, 16:40   #1
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
will she kill me?

on the way home we thought it would be fun to race a little bit on the freeway. we were doing at least 115. the race ended when i spun out trying to take a curve and i was doing 100+ still. i don't remember how many times the car spun but i just remember doing at least a 360 before the car stopped. miraculously, the car missed hitting a guard rail and going over the edge of the exit. the only damage to the car were the tires on the driver side when the car started sliding sideways.

do you think my grandma will kill me if i tell her? i do plan on replacing the tires with my own money since it was me that damaged them. i haven't been able to get a good look at the tire damage yet as this happened last night but from what i've seen, the tires on the driver side are in really bad shape.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 16:42   #2
mysterious_w
Forum King

I would, what you did was pretty retarded if you think about it.

mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 16:43   #3
Evil Lu
Forum Maitresse

Pretty lucky you didn't kill yourself or anyone else really. What a fucking stupid thing to do.
Evil Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 17:07   #4
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Re: will she kill me?

Quote:
Originally posted by deeder7001
do you think my grandma will kill me if i tell her? i do plan on replacing the tires with my own money since it was me that damaged them. i haven't been able to get a good look at the tire damage yet as this happened last night but from what i've seen, the tires on the driver side are in really bad shape.
You worry about tires when you, as a driver, probably need the bigger make-over?

Even though I open up whenever I drive every now and then, I never push the limits beyond what my car and I can do to a level of dumbass...Just don't do it ever again...

And yes, she'll probably kill you; I sure as hell would...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 17:37   #5
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Well, Grandma, I was racing on the freeway today, doing at least 115, when (wouldn't ya know it!) I did a 360 and almost flew off the side of the exit while taking a turn at three times the recommended speed. The good news is, only the tires are completely destroyed instead of me.

Now, would you like a shotgun or a crowbar?
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 17:55   #6
c2R
Stereotype?
(Forum King)

I'd recommend leaving out the bit about racing the cars....
c2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 18:05   #7
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

I wonder if you've thought about what you did from your grandma's perspective. Then realize again what you did, pay for all repairs and if you shoud tell her depends on how your relationship to her is, I think.. But you can better tell about that than any of us here..

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 19:59   #8
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Keep driving like that and you WILL find out if there is a God.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 20:17   #9
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Might even meet Him before your grandmother does...

And that would suck...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2005, 23:43   #10
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Lu
Pretty lucky you didn't kill yourself or anyone else really. What a fucking stupid thing to do.
i realized it was a stupid thing to do about a second after the car stopped skidding. it's also a good thing there were no other cars on the freeway when it happened. i'm not going to do any kind of racing any more.

There is no sig.
Old 11th December 2005, 23:46   #11
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

She will probably take you out and show how to 360 properly.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 00:41   #12
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 04:17   #13
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Yes, she will be mad at you. You should repair her car and she probably wont ever let you drive it again........

Please be more responsible on the roads.
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 05:30   #14
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by missyob
Please be more responsible on the roads.
i am very much more responsible on the roads today than i was yesterday. i have to be careful as the front tire has a chunk of tread missing and some metal wire is exposed. the rear tire isn't as bad as it isn't showing wire, but still needs to be replaced. as i said before, i'm going to buy a whole new set for my being dumb. i haven't seen any damage on the passenger side tires(other than the one tire that's been needing to be replaced) but i will replace them anyways.

There is no sig.
Old 12th December 2005, 09:35   #15
. - .... .- -. ....
Backpacking

Send a message via ICQ to . - .... .- -. .... Send a message via Yahoo to . - .... .- -. ....
Tell her you rode the kerb by accident when you were pulling into a parking space, and it tore up the tyres. Then tell her you'll happily replace them. That'll cover your ass, and show her that you are acting responsibly fro the accident.

As for the driving, if you're going to do that kinda stuff, then do it somewhere there isn't guard rails/embankments/other cars/pedestrians. I'm not going to put you down for wanting to go fast, I have done the same, but the difference is, my dad took me out when I was 15 and taught me to do this kind of stuff properly - he figured that it was better that he taught me properly, than me trying it when he wasn't there, and killing myself in the process, and he was right.

And to prove my point, when I did try racing on the road at 19 (because I knew oh-so-much), I wrote off the car, dislocated my shoulders on impact and was blind in one eye for three months. I wouldn't recommend it.

Like my photography? Buy some here....
. - .... .- -. .... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 16:18   #16
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by LuigiHann
[Image]
If we had member of the month, i'd vote for you.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 17:03   #17
LuigiHann
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by will
Thanks. I can't really take credit for that image, though. I'm pretty sure Bizz posted it in the RB a while back. I came into this thread just to say "Are you retarded?!" and then remembered I still had that pic. Just thought it was more appropriate here. (If I remember correctly, Bizz started a thread with just the image by itself)

Old 12th December 2005, 17:25   #18
Bizzeh
Forum Pirate
Beta Team

Quote:
Originally posted by will
would get my vote too
Bizzeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2005, 23:18   #19
Smeggle
Just Strolling By
(Major Dude)

I won't slate you for what you did, everyone else has allready made you aware that what you did was daft.

Replace the tyres definately - but if you have learned your lesson then maybe not worry your gran with what really happened. If though you believe you should be totally honest - then be that - honest.

Do not do it again without learning first how to do it!

Anybody can make a car go fast - thats the easy bit - stopping it or controlling it is a different ball game all together!

You know? I think it should be mandatory that drivers should attend Anti Skidding manoveur class's.

Best post I read was ethans - even after being 'Taught' properly, he still crashed and quite severely injured himself - suppose that says it all really....

Thankfully you came away from it with a few scuffed tyres. You take more care and don't give into the temptation again....

Music is Life, Love and Happiness :|: Life is Music. Serren - 1985 - 2005
Religion? Religion is a Blasphemy against humanity - From the film What the Bleep do we know

siggy link So stumbling? whats it all about
Smeggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2005, 01:34   #20
m0e
This Space For Rent
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to m0e Send a message via AIM to m0e Send a message via Yahoo to m0e
Take full responsibility for your actions, deal with the consequences, and move on. Except when dealing with the American legal system. Then deny everything.
m0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2005, 06:25   #21
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

what's strange about the whole thing is that earlier in the week i read a John 5:14.

"Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."

i'm now applying that to my life. after the car stopped moving, that verse became stuck in my mind. it became the theme for the rest of the night and the next day. i was thinking that what happened was only one of many things that could have happened. i could have been hit by another car passing by or went off the exit or something worse. i've decided that i'm not going to race or go dangerously fast like that any more even if i do know how to do it correctly. just because you know how to do it doesn't give you the right to do it.

please no religious debate. i am a christian and i'm not going to argue with anybody about it as it always turns out the same.

There is no sig.
Old 13th December 2005, 06:30   #22
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Something worse may ALWAYS happen to you.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2005, 06:34   #23
LuigiHann
Forum King

No need for a religious debate on that. "Do bad things => Bad things happen to you" shows up in almost every religion and most non-religious ways of thinking. Especially if one defines "bad things" to include "putting yourself and others in unnecessary risk."
I'm glad you've learned an important lesson but I still can't imagine what possessed you to attempt that
/doesn't drive due to fear of driving

Old 13th December 2005, 06:34   #24
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

i increase the chances of that happening if i continue to do so. i eliminate the chance of something worse altogether if i stop what i was doing.

There is no sig.
Old 13th December 2005, 06:42   #25
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
False. Because you still don't know what someone else may do to accidentally (or even on purpose) cause you to do something in the car that could've made it flip. Or worse.

If you equate racing as the only way to spin out and to a 360, and think that if you stop racing, that you wont spin out, then you’re badly mistaken.

Old 13th December 2005, 06:49   #26
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

i know what you're saying. i'm just saying that if i drive safely, i won't be the one causing the car to spin out or whatever.

There is no sig.
Old 13th December 2005, 06:55   #27
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

That still doesn't eliminate car accidents. And even the best of drivers eventually make mistakes. Driving safely isn't going to stop you from running over a nail you may not see, pop a tire, and spin out or something. Driving safe doesn't equate to being safe.

Old 13th December 2005, 07:00   #28
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

driving safely helps though.

There is no sig.
Old 13th December 2005, 07:03   #29
Spazz333
Major Dude

Driving safe does bring your survival rating up a whole hell of a lot from some idiot that drives 120 and uses the handbreak to turn. You don't even need to be in a car to be killed in an accident so it really doesn't matter.

Spazz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2005, 07:04   #30
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

As much as being blindfolded helps you from being shot in an execution. You don't have too much control over something spontaneous and random.

Old 13th December 2005, 07:18   #31
LuigiHann
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by LuigiHann
[Image]
Driving safely does not eliminate risk, but it does decrease risk. This argument is even dumber than I thought it would be.

Old 13th December 2005, 07:35   #32
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

i figure, if i don't race, i don't have to worry about getting hurt in a race. i just have to keep an eye out for everybody else. so far, i've only had close calls. i'm actually kinda nervous when i drive now.

There is no sig.
Old 13th December 2005, 07:37   #33
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
i figure, if i don't race, i don't have to worry about getting hurt in a race. i just have to keep an eye out for everybody else. so far, i've only had close calls. i'm actually kinda nervous when i drive now.
You can still be hurt in someone else's race...

The nervousness will pass in a week or two.

Old 13th December 2005, 07:44   #34
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

i'm pretty sure the nervousness will pass sooner than that. but i'm just kinda nervous with that tire being heavily damaged. i hope to get a job quickly so i can replace those tires. i may get a loan from my sister or somebody so i can get a used tire(safer than the current one) to replace the bad one.

There is no sig.
Old 13th December 2005, 09:18   #35
Evil Lu
Forum Maitresse

You could look on the nervous feeling as a good thing. You've just scared the shit out of yourself, told a bunch of internet people what you did, been shouted at for it and it's not surprising that you feel as you do now. You'll at least be using the nervous-time as think-more-sensibly-in-the-future-time.
I'm glad that the boy racer mentality has left you almost as soon as it arrived.
Evil Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 02:16   #36
DrDel

Re: will she kill me?

Quote:
on the way home we thought it would be fun to race a little bit on the freeway. we were doing at least 115.

sorry buddy but you are pretty stupid

no one should speed in a car

jesus!
DrDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 02:51   #37
Germ
rules all things

prudes
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 03:15   #38
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

No shit.
Speeding isn't the issue.
You aren't old enough to drive, are you?
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2005, 06:30   #39
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

i'll be 21 on thursday.

There is no sig.
Old 14th December 2005, 08:38   #40
c2R
Stereotype?
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
No shit.
Speeding isn't the issue.
You aren't old enough to drive, are you?

Indeed, you should always drive according to the conditions. And there are cases where driving faster than the posted limit isn't dangerous or stupid....
c2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions