Old 31st March 2011, 01:45   #1
Aylmer Nic

3DS useless for the 3D blind

So apparently there’s a small percentage of the population that can’t see 3D. Interesting. And sucks…! Do you guys know anyone who’s 3D blind?
http://gizmodo.com/#!5784920/nintend...-the-3d-in-3ds
Aylmer Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 01:48   #2
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

I know quite a few... I work for an optometrist.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 03:41   #3
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
ummm.... how exactly could something you need to view with a pair of eyes not be useless for the blind?

bit of an oxymoron there.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 12:53   #4
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

As weird as it sounds, "Stereo Blindness" is the proper terminology. You are missing part of your complete vision, so, you do suffer a degree of blindness.

It sucks
Old 17th May 2011, 11:09   #5
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Sucks for them. I absolutely love 3D everything. Haven't had a chance to try a 3DS, though. Kinda stopped being a Nintendo fan when the Wii came out. From what I've heard, you have to hold your head perfectly still for the 3D to work.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 13:26   #6
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psythik View Post
From what I've heard, you have to hold your head perfectly still for the 3D to work.
As it's designed to be used w/out glasses, that does make sense. Stupid.
Old 17th May 2011, 19:53   #7
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

I didn't really like the 3DS when I used my friends. (Okay, I did only use it one time so take this is with pinch of salt)
It felt clumsy, the camera functions seem slow as sin, it's unintuitive, the screens couldn't be any more reflective. And the 3D effect is like "Oh yeah, it looks like it has depth-- well this game is lame."

Personally, I miss the days of the n64/gamecube & gb(c)/gba. (only my mum plays on my wii, and that is mostly snes emu or mahjong) It's just whore as much money as you can with the cheapest hardware, and then tell people that game play is more important than graphics -- they're not mutually exclusive, especially if you look at what other platforms are offering.

[/rant]

count!last.fmdastylishplanner
QOAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 17:54   #8
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I'm a 3D fan, but the 3DS hasn't impressed me, tbh. The 3D effect isn't as great as I'd had it expected and even the graphics are not as impressive as the PSP graphics are. And what is part of the 3DS lineup? Yet another remake of an existing Zelda Game. Even the GBA was mainly a platform for recycled SNES games.

I was a Nintendo fan since my childhood, I've grown up with the old grey Gameboy, a NES and later my lovely SNES. I really enjoyed tons of great games on Nintendo systems, I even had a N64, when all 'cool guys' had a Playstation.

Nintendo games where full of love, they were intuitive and fun. Nintendo always surprised the gamers with really intuitive gameplay (like Yoshis' Island on SNES, Zelda Ocarina of Time or the great Super Mario 64)

Nevertheless, even the Gamecube wasn't interesting anymore. The times for great RPG games on Nintendo systems only is over, you could play good RPG games on other systems as well. Even good Jump & Run games and Actions Adventures were no Nintendo only feature anymore (e.g Jak series and Ratchet & Clank on PS2).

Today Nintendo is more interested in profit. The Wii hardware is a joke, even if many people say, that Gameplay > Graphics. That's not the truth, most of the Wii games are just crap games with crappy graphics, except of a few games developed directly by Nintendo. That great gameplay is possible on other systems, you can see when you play Uncharted on PS3. The game has wonderful graphics and a nice gameplay.

The limited 25 Years Super Mario Collection showed perfectly, what attitude Nintendo got. Instead of putting all old Mario Games with a nice menu, you get Super Mario Allstars from the SNES pressed on a disc and that for a lot of bucks.
I always wondered, why Super Mario Allstars was never available in the Wii Shop, but now I have my answer.

Graphics and intuitive gameplay are important as well as a bunch of good games for Core players are. N64/SNES had good graphics, nice game play innovations and a lot of great games for Core players. That is the reason, why Nintendo was number one in the past for many years. Especially the Wii lacks all of it.

Nintendo isn't, what it was before. Poor graphics with intuitive controlling may be interesting for a few months and for players, who usually don't play games in general. But it has no future, the same for the 3DS, it's just a matter of time, until the 3D effect becomes boring too.

Just my 2 Cent.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 20:05   #9
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

So what's the news? Stereo blind people can't see 3D. Let's blame Nintendo for it.

Some people are missing one or more fingers. I guess they can't play either. Blame both Sony and Microsoft too.

-

on Nintendo in the 21st century:
Yes - there were a lot of good games on earlier systems, but like today - the majority of the games sucked then just as much as now.

IMO there just need to be a few really good games. Ignore the bad games like you did in the past aswell. The Zelda games are great and the new Mario and Mario kart kick ass. Kirby Canvas Curse is both a great Kirby game and makes great use of the stylus. The Professor Layton games kept me puzzled for hours. There are more and better games for young children too.

3D came too late for the DS and now it's just a gimmick. There are no games that make good use of it, all the games that have it feel unfinished. I guess the next generation handheld will improve it. I bet it'll have a built-in gyroscope too, like the Wii.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 07:43   #10
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty loyal to Nintendo. I can't play a lot of games anymore, and yes, the simple games on the Wii I enjoy. The other systems have the more intense gameplay and graphics, but I can't keep up with them anymore. Nor do I have the time to invest in longer game play.

I do want to get a new DS system for Shy Jr, she's been bugging me about how cool the 3D is, but, I'll probably just stick with getting the DS XL.
Old 30th May 2011, 01:57   #11
AussieSwede

I really like the game... May be because it was new to me..
AussieSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 20:35   #12
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieSwede View Post
I really like the game... May be because it was new to me..
which one?

the 3DS library is still in single digits as far as i know.
fractions if you count good games.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Games Center