Old 6th September 2014, 08:38   #1
djjoel

Milkdrop with projector while DJing

Hi there.

I would like to run Milkdrop on a projection screen for my DJ sets, on stage, where I will be making money. Is there a way to purchase a license for this, or is it okay to do this without paying someone. I feel like I should pay if I decide to do this.

If so, who do I contact?

Thanks
djjoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 08:48   #2
DrO

there is no license to use it as milkdrop is free to use. all that's asked is to provide credit to Winamp / milkdrop where possible and also the preset authors in some form.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2015, 01:01   #3
Securityman69

I am doing this projection thing as well. I have learnt the keyboard shortcut and setups for Winamp so I have control over the visualization display. It is a lot of work but well worth it.....and free!

After many hours of searching I have managed to gather over 30,000 (yes that is 30 thousand) .milk files. Some are good some are crap. Email me if you want access to the database.

me2550525@yahoo.ca
Securityman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2015, 11:34   #4
Xetick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
there is no license to use it as milkdrop is free to use. all that's asked is to provide credit to Winamp / milkdrop where possible and also the preset authors in some form.
I would say you need to contact the preset authors individually since AFAIK so isn't there any license at all attached to the presets. This means the preset author owns the full rights to the preset so just crediting him wont be enough.

Best would probably be to find a good author with many created presets and just ask him/her for permission so you only need to find one or a few. Either that or create your own presets to be really safe.
Xetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2015, 12:44   #5
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Securityman69 View Post
After many hours of searching I have managed to gather over 30,000 (yes that is 30 thousand) .milk files. Some are good some are crap. Email me if you want access to the database..
I always thought a complete database online would be awesome, but completely useless without some sort of preview. The best preview would be a small Gif showing the animation, but that was always almost impossible and right now is totally in vain..
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop