Old 14th July 2015, 02:09   #1
MarkoSeke

"Click" sound when the tracks change?

This randomly started happening recently, basically when minimized, when a song ends and it skips to the next one, it plays the "click" sound that plays when you click the next button. I don't think this was happening before, it's really annoying. Shuffle is on, repeat all is on. The plugins I have installed are Pacemaker and Lyrics plugin. Please tell me how I could fix this.
MarkoSeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 02:25   #2
DrO

it'll most likely be due to lyrics plug-in and it re-loading the web page that it shows (which would trigger that system sound on a track change as you're describing). so other than disabling the system sound effect for that action and / or trying to get the plug-in author to do something that prevents their page refresh causing it (which I don't think is an option).

there's little else to suggest as a possible cause (it could even be Winamp's own ml_nowplaying.dll plug-in doing the same thing or a skin specific option without seeing an info tool report (if the initial suggestions don't help).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 02:38   #3
MarkoSeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it'll most likely be due to lyrics plug-in and it re-loading the web page that it shows (which would trigger that system sound on a track change as you're describing). so other than disabling the system sound effect for that action and / or trying to get the plug-in author to do something that prevents their page refresh causing it (which I don't think is an option).

there's little else to suggest as a possible cause (it could even be Winamp's own ml_nowplaying.dll plug-in doing the same thing or a skin specific option without seeing an info tool report (if the initial suggestions don't help).
You were right, it was the lyrics plugin. What's weird to me is that I've been using that plugin for a while, and only now it started happening :/

How can I disable that system sound?
Old 14th July 2015, 02:42   #4
DrO

via the 'system sounds' option - location and specific way to do it varies a bit depending on the version of Windows being used (but is generally in the 'sounds' control panel item).
Old 14th July 2015, 02:48   #5
MarkoSeke

It isn't under "Program Events", I assume I would have to do something regarding Internet Explorer because that's what the plugin utilizes?

Edit: Tried muting Internet Explorer in the volume mixer, that didn't work.
Old 14th July 2015, 03:26   #6
DrO

all I remember is there being something in the system sound properties (am not on Windows to check), but as I just disable all system sound effects, I've never bothered to remember where it exactly was on there (should be easily found from a web search or even in the Windows control panel itself if using something from Vista or newer).
Old 14th July 2015, 09:39   #7
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King

Start>Control Panel>Sound>Sounds tab> Set the drop down menu to "No sounds" click apply
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support