Old 28th April 2016, 15:14   #1
kriswd40

WebTransforms not working when built on Jenkins Server

I have a ASP.net web application that uses web transformations on the web.config file. I have an NSI install script that creates an installer. When I run the script locally on my PC and then install from that package, I get the correctly transformed web.config file.

When I run the exact same NIS install script on our Jenkins build server and then install from that package, the web.config file isn't transformed at all.

Any ideas what I could change so that it works on the Jenkins build server too? Seems odd because it is running the same script to create the installer but giving me different results and I don't see anything obvious I can change anywhere
kriswd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 15:56   #2
Anders

Most people on this forum probably don't know what Jenkins is nor what transformed config files are or how they are generated so I'm afraid you need to provide some more information if you want help...

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 18:19   #3
kriswd40

Jenkins is just a build server. It calls an NSI Install script which in turn calls MSBuild to build a Visual Studio ASP.net solution.

Inside that solution there are web.debug.config and web.release.config files. MSBuild should take the values from within the correct file depending on your build configuration (in this case I'm trying to do debug) and transform that into a web.config file which is then included in your install package. ie if you choose debug, it will copy all the debug settings from the web.debug.config file and merge them into a web.config file.

When I run the NSI install script from my own computer, it correctly creates the web.config file. When I use the build machine to call the exact same NSI install script, the transform doesn't occur and the web.config I get is just a generic blank configuration.

It's the same version of the NSI Installer on both my PC and on the build server (Jenkins).
kriswd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 20:35   #4
Anders

So you are starting MSBuild with !system?

I would just use Process Monitor and compare the command line parameters for both the makensis and msbuild processes to see if there are any clues there...

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion