Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 21st April 2010, 00:27   #1
haranath

Easy way to delete mp3 files from hard disk directly from playlist

Is their any key board shortcut to physically delete the unwanted mp3 songs permanantly from the hard disk ,while listening to the current playlist.

I know their is a option, but using that option was pain every time, i am searching simplest way like a keyboard shortcut,

thanks
haranath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 11:27   #2
anotherkentpaul

Wow, it seems to be standard not to get any respond here in the forum, so I'll try to be the first one who tips the stone at the beginning.

I don't think there's any shortcut like this you were mentioning. But you can do it the other way around. I am supposing that you have set an output directory for all your audio files. So the first thing you should do is deleting all the songs you don't want in your playlists anymore. If that's done, go back to Winamp and select the superior playlist ("Local Media") and press ALT+DELETE. All files that are no longer available (or missing in your file structure) are going to get removed from the playlist, totally.
anotherkentpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 13:29   #3
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherkentpaul View Post
Wow, it seems to be standard not to get any respond here in the forum
it all depends if people have the free-time to be around to answer.

anyway, for the original poster's question, the 'playlist file remover' plug-in (though a v3.0 is in the works to fix some of the issues with the current v2.2.2 release) should do just what's needed via the global hotkey options it provides - just have to remember to disable the main preference options for the plug-in otherwise it'll remove files under normal playback situations.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 22:08   #4
haranath

thanks u all, ..still i have to test, i guess this removes the files from the harddisk if i delete from the playlist.
Old 25th April 2010, 10:07   #5
DrO

it depends on how you configure the hotkey to work as it can remove just from the playlist editor, remove from playlist editor and hard drive, move the file to somewhere else (and the new version is hopefully going to allow copying to a different folder).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 20:24   #6
haranath

the above version is very buggy, not working properly any good version ?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support