Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins

Closed Thread
Old 13th August 2001, 10:14   #1
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via AIM to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Bojanglez
Grrrrrrr.........Spotlight on Garet's hate of Skins

Recently in the ::coming soon:: thread GaretJax got mad for no reson and went babbling on for a few paragraphs about how my opinion is worthless and I shouldn't express my dislike for skins and such. Many other members have complained about this as well, but none of the people complaining before have what garet has, if you remember from the first day I got here, Garet has had his fair share of problems with me as I have with him. But my problem with garet jax all arose from one problem...and I bet none of you can guess what it is...Yes, my problem with garetjax arose when he was telling me that he disliked my skin to my face, the same problem that many of you have with me. But personally I'm sick of people such as Mrs. Bladez and garetjax in particular that cry about me saying that I dislike skins. So after garet cried it was the last straw....

Garet is worse than I am when it comes to being honest. After reading what he had to say about me I remembered the many occasions that he has made rude comments about skins, so I decided to compile a little archive of some of these occasions, which is the reason for this thread. This thread request no response, its simply for me to remember the many times that people have done the same as I, and now these people are hypocrites and get angry when I do things they do. It is also to figure out why I'm getting so much crap about this, and no one else does...So here's what I dug up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Taken from the "Ahmadaskin" thread: http://64.12.38.241/showthread.php?threadid=50912
(Garet on my first skin)
I think...therefore...I skin
My opinion in reality is that I don't like this skinner.
Although, I think the skin is decent enough I've decided to make it
painfully clear how utterly bitter the taste in my mouth is right now.
Joe W. Garrett
(btw yes he was talking about my skin in the first sentence.)
(Garet on my skin Idea)
Holy Shite
That is the ugliest damned thing I have ever seen...Some body shit on
my amp? EWWW!!!!

Dude its offensive to even thing your thinking about this.

<SHIVVER>
(Garet Jax said this one)
Dude, calm down...it is ugly. Sorry, You asked...???
Critism comes in two forms those you like and those you don't like.
Take it with a grain of salt.
And I thought you'd say something like that. This is the reason why I
put it here to give you a chance to say something just as I did.
(I did this same thing with my something for you to hate thread.)
As far as I could tell I was asked what I thought:
"I was being truthful...and not holding back."
(grrrrrrr...isn't that what I do?)
This one came from my "Ahmadaskin Uno" thread.
http://64.12.38.241/showthread.php?threadid=50947
@#$!
Enuff Said...
He also made a hateful comment on a delta skin I saw posted in here awhile ago...

Hmmm now wtf is that? At least when I say I hate something I usually say it's good just not my taste, and I've made it clear thats what I mean plenty of times, he's just directly telling someone he hates their stuff and it sucks, yet I'm the bad guy, not even a word was ever mentioned to him when this occurs but just because I do it I'm Mr. Evil all of a sudden. So I'm trying to figure out how what I say is bad when compared to this? And yes these are quotes taken directly off the two threads which I left links to..

Heres a little quote that I dug up also stated by Garet Jax which summarizes this whole thread...
"Call me weird but, isn't that somehow whats the
word...I'm looking for??? Two-Faced? Hipocritical?"
Call me wierd but this applies to some people around here, most notably jax himself.

So I leave you with this quote by Mr. Jones which is also present in my sig right now...
" (Original Posted by Mr. Jones
This is getting dreadfully tiresome, Mr Bojanglez, if you don't care
for the comments your attracting in here, my suggestion would be not to post. Not everybody will have wonderfull things to say about your work, have to take the rough with the smooth these days you know.
(Geee, words to live by if I comment on a skin, yet what I say is
wrong...)"

Goodbye, an do btw this isn't a flame, rather like a discovery, usually when I make long threads they get percieved as flames...

yea...I said it.

Old 13th August 2001, 10:20   #2
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to The Only Lynx
seems like you have onlyproof of him not liking YOUR skins.. in only 2 topics..

man ppl can think a skin is shod while another thinks its cool..

you will always have it

maybe try and make a skin he does like

"when you are with me i'm free, i'm careless, i believe"
Old 13th August 2001, 10:34   #3
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via AIM to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Bojanglez
grrrrr

yea proof on two of mine and the one named delta that I didn't make, those are just examples, there are probably plenty more of them lingering around everywhrer, those are the ones that I remember only....
Besides I don't hate everybody's skins, or else I wouldn't have any in my skin folder.

But thats not the point lynx, the point is why am I the only one getting in trouble for this?

yea...I said it.

Old 13th August 2001, 11:06   #4
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Location: Gent, Belgium. does anybody know where the toilets are?
Send a message via ICQ to simon snowflake
everybody has his own personal likings.

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:
Old 13th August 2001, 11:32   #5
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Change your signature Bo, not only does it have way more lines than it ought to,

Quote:
For text, please try and keep it to 3 lines max.
I really don't care for quotations from myself in there,or the fact that it would appear im associated with you and yours in any way shape or form.I suggest you change it , or have it changed for you , simple really, unless you would care for yet another letter to add to your collection. Getting tired of this now.
Old 13th August 2001, 11:41   #6
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

well.. the signature guidelines are optional.. it says so in the post.. TRY.. always wanted to say this.. but never felt it in its place.. so ppl with a billboard sig ARE allowed.. although we like them not, coz its annoying.. but it doesnt say its forbidden.. it says its a guideline...

of course we would all like the small sigs better coz its less polution.. but its not right to ban someone just for a big signature.. or edit the guideline post

Old 13th August 2001, 11:48   #7
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I never said Ban, I just don't like my name being associated with every post that Bo makes. Simple.

And guidelines are just that guidelines to follow, seems most everyone else around these parts managed to follow those guidelines
Old 13th August 2001, 12:00   #8
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

i didnt mean it as offence to you

and i think youre correct with the assosiation.. i just recall this topic you said to ban someone who posted the screencap of his new skin in his signature, LMAO

well.. i didnt want to rant.. well, i did

but all in all.. i dont like big signatures either..and i pleid FOR following the guidelines.. dont get me wrong

Old 13th August 2001, 12:41   #9
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

grrrrr

Quote:
Originally posted by simon snowflake
everybody has his own personal likings.

funny, no one thinks that whay when I commetn on their skin, usually they begin to do this: and this:

so I'm confused is it or is it not ok for me to voice my opinions here?

ooo looky I changed my sig, woooooooo!
Old 13th August 2001, 13:10   #10
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Yet more advice for bojanglez:

At this time more than ever, as a member more than a moderator, I recommend that you watch your step. You have gotten what you want(time in the spotlight) though it is with scrutiny more than care. You've been warned time after time to stop stirring the shit stew yet still utter annoyances at other, yes more respected members and moderators. At one time, you had equal respect as others but abused it quickly, were banned, unfortunately given second life and now are pushing the limits of everyone's patience. It's apparent you live to piss people off and think it something to be proud of, but trust me, it's not. Rules or not, whether you think you broke them or not, if you push one person the wrong way, you will be banned for good. This is the last comment on your situation I'll make. I, like others, have wasted WAY too much time on your juvenile antics.
Old 13th August 2001, 19:22   #11
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

grrrrrrrr

elchev what are you talking about?

I'm not trying to make anyone angry,

This whole thread is to figure out this problem I'm having, recently people have been complaining about me commenting on skins so I was just wondering why no one said anything to garet, I was just showing everybody that I'm not the only one that does this. But no, look what happens all of a sudden I'm trying to make someone angry when I just made an innocent thread, actually the last time I actually tried to make someone made was July 4th, that was over a month ago, since then I was warned and I haven't really done anything wrong as of yet. The only thing I oculd be accused of was maybe being a little too harsh about what I said about people's skins, but even then the same thing happens to me, I'll dig up more examples if you wish. Let me say it again the point of this thread is a response to garetjax adding me to his ignore list, I was just trying to figure out why he got so mad when he does the same thing occasionally. Let me say this again, no it somehow turns into me trying to upset someone..and I have no idea how...or why I would do that...I have no good reason for trying to upset someone..I mean what is the point? Why would I waste my time going to a place just to make people angry for no reason? I could just go do that easier from my house.. But for some reason people think that I come in here looking for people to anger, which I have no reason to do so...

I'm trying to be in the spotlight? Why would I do that? Haven't you noticed that everytime I am in the "spotlight" that I get angry such as I am right now? I don't want to be the center of attention, I'd rather be left alone, I feel that I am messed with more than I mess with others, I wish that people would leave me alone, I'm sick of being accused of something everytime I walk in here, especially when I didn't do the stuff that people are blaming on me.

Quote:
unfortunately given second life
gee, and guess who is one of the main reasons I got unbanned?

well from what I can see you apparently don't like me and are just itching for a reason to ban me, apparently s1138 doesn't like me either because I'm guessing that he's the one whole stole my 100 posts that one time...let's see here, Scarface 2k1 another mod is flaming me in the GenDis forum, and thats only the mods I know about, I get the impression that every mod here hates me, everytime I walk into #******* I'm banned by a mod there.

So seeing as:
[qoute]
Rules or not,
[/quote]
apply here I'll just keep my mouth because apparently everyone is just waiting for me to be banned, so that is the whole point of this thread, from here on out my posts will be innocent because I'm not going to give any of you a reason to push the ban button.

And if this is about my current sig by any chance, Mr. Jones told me to change it from the one I had before so I told him I would when I got back which is now, that was just a temporary fix.

O and if I did by any chance do something to upset you please inform me because I currently have no knowlegde of it and I will give apologies where needed.

Goodbye,and by the way this post isn't to make anyone mad and if it is percieved that way tell me and i'll press the edit button.

yea...I said it.

Old 13th August 2001, 20:05   #12
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bojanglez.jpg (56.3 KB, 137 views)
Old 13th August 2001, 20:07   #13
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mobo.jpg (41.5 KB, 144 views)
Old 13th August 2001, 20:29   #14
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

grrrrrr

!-He asks for an apology he gets one, that problem has been solved anyway

!!-not in the forums in REAL life....

yea...I said it.

Old 14th August 2001, 00:01   #15
Forevever
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Forevever Send a message via Yahoo to Forevever
Its a shame really. So many good points that neither side is listening to.

I've been asking for quite a while now, what it is that Mr Bo has done wrong... with no convincing answers.
I see a lot of people with negative feedback towards various skins. The only difference between him, and them, is that he's too young to candy coat it making it easier for the skinner to swallow.

Like he asked.. on another post somewhere (too tired to look it up), "Is it ok to flame if i end it with a smiley face?"

.. i wonder....

<insert smiley>
Old 14th August 2001, 01:15   #16
Namelessv1
Forum King

Quote:
I see a lot of people with negative feedback towards various skins. The only difference between him, and them, is that he's too young to candy coat it making it easier for the skinner to swallow.

Hold up, im younger than he is, and if i see a skin i dislike, i dont go around saying "i hate it" without any kind of constructive criticism. I will admit that he is being held at a different standard, but most of it is his own doing.
Old 14th August 2001, 01:41   #17
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

grrr

eh dawg? Look at garet's comments I listed they are worse than mine, and go to iverssons retirement thread, thats what my comments look like when I don't use the word hate..

yea...I said it.

Old 14th August 2001, 03:30   #18
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
I'm not here to flame or to say that what I did say a couple of months ago is right or wrong. I did not like what was happening to me and how an individual took their misfortune and passed it off like chain mail. The issue was resolved but, my anger for a time remained. My review and information I gave on the other skins minus anything done by Bo, are always very informational if I dislike them. If I don't like them I will be honest. Its true I was doing some similar actions that Mr. Bo has and is doing. The reason why people are so upset at me is probably because, I turned a new leaf and stopped acting out my anger. The reason for the 'mute' or 'ingore' was genuinely because, I am very tired of nonesense critisism from someone who never knows whether he's being ingorant or truthful. Being Truthful is very important but, so to is learning from each other. How can one learn if the simple response to his skin or anything else be that they hate it. You cannot correct a wrong way of doing something if the response from you public is always the same.

As far as my comments on some skins being real crap or not...as I see it I most often try to explain anything that I say covering a skin. Rude, maybe....but I doubt it...I never intend to be rude or ignorant, I do however, try to reply with my most honest opinion about a given work. Regardless, of the fact that I may really dislike where they are going with it or how it looks in its final stages. I still look towards the places where they have excelled and concetrate on helping them. For example if you ask The Only Lynx, Ampburner about how much I give when I am asked about what my opinion truly is...They would likely tell you that I am extremely critical of anything, and that I like anyone am also very much human and have my flaws.

What you have done is alienate an entire group of people...you probably are asking how...well, its simple really, you hate everything that isn't done by a select few. At least by most accounts you say this. You believe that kinwashi's design are extremely well done. While its true that he does a wonderful job you leave nothing for someone to want to do better on. A good example of this would be on your newest version of your ahmadroskin...with my reply to you, you had thought I wouldn't like it but, Indeed I did for the most part. I chose not to disclose my opinion on some aspects of the skin becuase, I wanted you to create the skin in more of the flavor that I liked. Hence, you somewhat did and were doing a great job.

Anyways,

I know that you do not understand and are upset with me or others for the belief that everyone is against you. I am not, I am just done listening to you. As I can afford little time as it is for the real comments and suggestions that are always flooding me and others work. Should you have a change of heart and learn from this thread, perhaps things will change in time -Just not until then.

(Also - I put you on my ignore list as not only the information above but also due to some actions I noticed recently that I dislike.)

Sorry, for the long post and for my views they are not gospel and I don't think I meant to go on this long.

Joe W. Garrett

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
Old 14th August 2001, 03:59   #19
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

grrrr

no garetjax contrary to popular belief I never said anything about any of your skins during my "hate spree"

and no I like more than kinwashi, but I will go into a little detail about something

Mrs. Bladez- I said I hated her skins a lot several times
(Her skins are sometimes detailed and they are quality, but her skins don't strike me as pleasing)

Iversson-I've directed hate on skins towards him at times
(Iversson may be one of the best pic-amp guys out there, I just don't like pic-amps or anything thats branded with a name.)

GaretJax-I haven't seen a skin from him i liked
(but he's obiously a quality skinner with his own style)

Newbies
(usually they are new and are still learning)

Those are the main people I direct hate at, I don't hate evry skin and I don't only like kinwashi, other artists I have skins from...

-Mr. Jones, debating whether to delete it or not
-Lots of devart guys
-Lots of skins from 1001

this thread is just to show why I hate many of the skins I comment on and to show that I like and have a variety of skins in my skins folder....

yea...I said it.

Old 14th August 2001, 07:46   #20
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Bo,
You have one of my skins ?, now thats piqued my curiosity, which one if I may be so bold as to ask, oh and , if you want my advice, delete it, it's bound to be a pile of garbage, my skins are
Old 14th August 2001, 07:52   #21
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
Bo,
You have one of my skins ?, now thats piqued my curiosity, which one if I may be so bold as to ask, oh and , if you want my advice, delete it, it's bound to be a pile of garbage, my skins are
not all of your skins are garbage.. dont put yourself down

man, youre one of the best skinners out there.. imho

Old 14th August 2001, 19:34   #22
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

grrrrrr

i'll give you a hint, it's yellow and Ihate the cursors...I got it from devart while looking for a yellow skin...

yea...I said it.

Old 14th August 2001, 19:45   #23
Forevever
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawg4Life2K1

Hold up, im younger than he is, and if i see a skin i dislike, i dont go around saying "i hate it" without any kind of constructive criticism. I will admit that he is being held at a different standard, but most of it is his own doing.
perhaps he's not as bright as you are, or perhaps he just doesn't have any "constructive criticism" to give. Maybe he just doesn't like what he sees and thinks when someone says "What is your opinion", that they want an honest answer.

So do we (hate)slam him because he can't/won't elaborate on his answer? do we (hate)dislike him because he's decided not to help this person out, except by saying "I hate it"? or do we just (hate)pick on him because he's the most convenient person to (hate)annoy now that mad dog is laying low?
Old 14th August 2001, 19:53   #24
iverssson

Send a message via ICQ to iverssson Send a message via Yahoo to iverssson
add to ignore list if you dont want to hear bojanglez, i think he may be coming around though,...[just in one post, but nonetheless...]
Old 14th August 2001, 21:11   #25
Lucid DM
Eat, skin, sleep. Repeat.
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Lucid DM
Forever: As far as I can tell. The reason everyone doesn't think very highly of Bo is that he can be annoying in many different ways. The skin thing is just one of them. A lot of his past posts have been arrogant and stubborn. I can't think of an accurate word. But he just can't seem to accept when he's wrong.
Though fortunately he does seem to be coming around. Yet he still seems to be trying to make a point. "Oops. I almost forgot to add ." when he says something that could be offensive. Instead of honestly being just nice.

I think the main reason is that over time he has formed an underlying feeling of annoyance in everyone, so everything else he does just adds to that. Rather than be taken on its own as being a small, only slightly annoying thing.

If any of that made sense to you, you're a genius.
Old 14th August 2001, 22:24   #26
Forevever
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucid DM
Forever: As far as I can tell. The reason everyone doesn't think very highly of Bo is that he can be annoying in many different ways. The skin thing is just one of them. A lot of his past posts have been arrogant and stubborn. I can't think of an accurate word. But he just can't seem to accept when he's wrong.
Though fortunately he does seem to be coming around. Yet he still seems to be trying to make a point. "Oops. I almost forgot to add ." when he says something that could be offensive. Instead of honestly being just nice.

I think the main reason is that over time he has formed an underlying feeling of annoyance in everyone, so everything else he does just adds to that. Rather than be taken on its own as being a small, only slightly annoying thing.

If any of that made sense to you, you're a genius.
ok I dig that. thanks for saying I'm genius

Anywayz... I still like you Bo.
Old 15th August 2001, 01:43   #27
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

grrrrrr

most peopel here have no good reason to dislike me, it just seems as I've made one person angry every once in a while and the rest of the people just sort of feed off of that. Then I say I hate there skins and then they act like I'm Mr. Evil. Think about it, my favorite feature of these forums are the way it shows how many people have actually viewed a thread. That number is always lower than the people who replied. So think about the number of people that went to your thread and thought your skin sucked but just decided not to comment... Is it worse to hide your feelings or to be honest?
Its not like I'm the only one to go into a thread and dislike the skin, it just so happens that people like me and garetjax are the only ones who admit it publicly.. So I think that when you postt a skin here knowing that your going to get opinions you should be angrier at the people who don't give you feedback. You have to take the good with the bad, you can't expect everyone to like your skin. If everyone liked it your download numbers would surpass that of Zeus and you would have near perfect ratings. Not even everyone likes the best skins, so if your going to get angry at me for petty things such as this then maybe you are better off ignoring me..

yea...I said it.

Old 15th August 2001, 04:09   #28
JustinBm

Send a message via AIM to JustinBm
Well, all I can say is that since I came back, this place has changed alot. I hope you don't mind being an example, Mr. J, but when I first started skinning and tried to make a christmas skin, it had skinner written all over it and all I did was cover it up a bit. but Mr. J. helped me to work out some bugs and get it online, even hosted it for me, and I got nothing but helpful responses. None of that "I hate it" shit. what the hell happened ? I think my skins are lousy still, but I think I got alot better at it and I get shit for them. I know that didn't happen with my other skins the first time I was here, and look at them :
http://www.winamp.com/skins/detail.j...ponentId=35734
http://www.winamp.com/skins/detail.j...ponentId=40189
http://www.winamp.com/components/det...ponentId=41247

Those are absolutely horrid!!! But I never got as much shit as now...
You all need to chill out. Duk, Jayn, lots of people helped me, what happened to that ? Well I said what I had to, again, sorry Mr. J, I'll delete this if you want...
Old 15th August 2001, 04:16   #29
e-blackadder

Bo, first off I don't either like you or dislike you... I find you amusing and you are fun because to your credit you take s**t just as well as you give it out. Also to your credit you are correct in saying that everyone in here has taken a cheap shot or two at you, deserved or not. But...

Bo:
Quote:
so I'm confused is it or is it not ok for me to voice my opinions here?
Bo:
Quote:
Let me say this again, no it somehow turns into me trying to upset someone..and I have no idea how...or why I would do that...I have no good reason for trying to upset someone..I mean what is the point?
Forevever:
Quote:
I've been asking for quite a while now, what it is that Mr Bo has done wrong... with no convincing answers.
Bo:
Quote:
eh dawg? Look at garet's comments I listed they are worse than mine
Forevever:
Quote:
So do we (hate)slam him because he can't/won't elaborate on his answer? do we (hate)dislike him because he's decided not to help this person out, except by saying "I hate it"? or do we just (hate)pick on him because he's the most convenient person to (hate)annoy now that mad dog is laying low?
Your biggest problem Bo, to put it bluntly, is you are a real a**hole at times. You can and do offer constructive critisism, even if it is simply "I hate it", but the good you do is overwhelmed by your immature bursts of stupidity and malice. You are in here trying hard to show that you are not the only one who slams other people's skins, and yet you miss that single fundamental point. You keep using terms like "being honest" and "expressing my opinion", and yet you miss that single fundamental point.

So why did you get banned before? I believe it was for posting Mr Jones' AIM details wasn't it? How exactly is that "being honest" or "expressing an opinion?" Why did you call yourself 'Wildrose Wally' in your personal details? Was that "being honest" or "expressing an opinion?" Why do you say negative, stupid things to people that have no bearing on their skins, their points, or their questions? Because you are "being honest" or "expressing an opinion?"

The answers are 'No', 'No, and 'No.' You do those things because you are immature, childish, and a smartass.

Now alot of us have lowered ourselves to your level, which is wrong. We've ragged on you, made fun of you, and yelled at you. For myself, at least, I am sorry and I hope you accept this apology. I am going to do my best to avoid acting like the same type of idiot in the future. But, if you want people to stop "hating you" and take you seriously, you need to GROW UP. Everything good you do gets lost in your little antics. This forum is for love, critisism, and fun. It is not the appropriate place to hang MrsBlades' bra from a flagpole or pin a "kick me" sign to Wally's back. You AND your opinions will gain credibility when you quit being such a childish little f**kwad, and start acting like a reasonably mature human being.
Old 15th August 2001, 20:36   #30
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

grrrrrr

[quote]
So why did you get banned before? I believe it was for posting Mr Jones' AIM details wasn't it? How exactly is that "being honest" or "expressing an opinion?" Why did you call yourself 'Wildrose Wally' in your personal details? Was that "being honest" or "expressing an opinion?" Why do you say negative, stupid things to people that have no bearing on their skins, their points, or their questions? Because you are "being honest" or "expressing an opinion?"
[/qoute]

First of before you go answering questions such as why did I get banned before, make sure you have the right answers. If you want I'll dig up the post which I was banned for. What are you talking about being honest or whatever, you have no knowledge of what happened on the AIM thing, basically it was a misunderstanding, and I had honestly thought I had got Mr. Jone's screen name from his profile so I thought it was ok to post it. Secondly who cares what I put in my profile, big deal if I said my name was somehting its not, do I get super banned for saying my name is George W. Bush in my profile? After all he is the US prez.. Whats wrong with that anyhow? Thats pretty petty to complain about in my opinion, which Is only my opinion.

Thirdly I don't post things that have absolutely nothing to do with people's skins, when they ask for opinions I get the idea that they want to know if I like it or not so I honestly respons, they don't ask how they could make it better, or anything of the sorts they ask for opinions, its not my fault they don't understand the simple fact that not everyone is going to like their skins. I'm sick of people telling me to grow up and calling me an a$$hole just because I dislike their work, sounds like its the other way around and they need to grow up and find out that everyone's not going to like their skins. Of course if you publish a skin to the public you'll think its good if not great, but not everyone agrees with you.

And no I'm not the only one that feels this way, I remember vqarious members saying that I have to take the good with the bad, but obiously everyone here has a problem with me, when I complain about it they say you have to take the good with the bad, when someone else complains they call me an asshole, I can dig up some examples of this as well. I think the people who get mad because I don't like their skins are the arrognant ones who believe that their skin is soo great and that everyone should like it, there the ones being a, well as you say "f***tard," and "a$$hole", when they get angry for the expression of an opinion.

So yea you might feel that way, but I think if the problem if there is a problem the people on the other side of the fence from me are the ones creating it. But since thats the way things are going around here I've been giving constructive critiscm with my reviews, note that no one asks about how they can approve it, thats the only eason people think I'm coimg around.. But it would help if you posted a kin and asked for contstructive criticism instead of just an opinion. An opinion is either I like or dislike or hate it. If I was saying I like this skin instead of Ihate it, you wouldn't attack me for not leaving constructive comments.

yea...I said it.

Old 15th August 2001, 21:45   #31
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Re: grrrrrr

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bojanglez
Secondly who cares what I put in my profile, big deal if I said my name was somehting its not, do I get super banned for saying my name is George W. Bush in my profile? After all he is the US prez.. Whats wrong with that anyhow? Thats pretty petty to complain about in my opinion, which Is only my opinion.
Thank you very much for your apology. It is sure nice to know that you really meant it.
Old 15th August 2001, 22:06   #32
pixelpusher
Major Dude

Pola barez go grr

Boy this is a touchy subject. You could hurt alot of feeling in this
thread.

First This is "Skin love"
I don't think it was named that for no reason.
I believe that was the name given because people had created a special
bond that revolved around skinning.

Bo. Though your intelligence is evident "for a teenager"
Your inability to see what your doing is making it harder for those
with real hearts to accept you into the group.

Some have reached out to you. Others have not!
It's time for you choose weather or not you want to be a forum victim
or a meaningful/useful part of a system that works only as good as
the people that visit it. It's your choice

I take no real stand on what is or is not right here, But I think that
marked kindness should always be a general rule. In the forums
and life in general.

You can be what you want here. But remember who you are and what
kind of spirit you are projecting. It has an impact on how people
see you.

Pixelpusher...

[Edit] Oh 1 other thing, I offer you "BO" a challenge. Be as helpful
to people as you can. Make the most of your time. Have fun realizing
that giving is always better then taking. [/edit]

[e]Trying to think if I missed anything[/e]

Last edited by pixelpusher; 16th August 2001 at 00:19.
Old 16th August 2001, 23:15   #33
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

grrrrrrr

yea pixel you are right maybe I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Maybe thats the problem, maybe I don't see it. Maybe by saying that I dislike someone's skins I'm not being nice. But this is what I honestly am getting from the replies to this post:

"That since it's mean to tell people that I dislike their skin I shouldn't do it."

But that isn't the way things work, and I'm personally sick and tired of saying this over and over again, Ask for opinions you'll get some, not everyone will like them, don't look for things you don't ask for such as ways on improving the skin, if you want it ask for it, and
more people will probably give you some, but if you ask for opinions or nothing people are likely to just post opinions and thats it.

Since not eveyrone will like your skin don't get mad at the people who don't like your skin. People shouldn't be targeted for what they believe.

Thats all I have to say about it, thats the bottom line, if thats wrong tell me and tell me why, don't respond to this thread by posting something saying I need to be nice or informing me as to how I should act. My commenting on skins and what I say while commenting is not wrong, it may not be what the person wants to here but its not wrong, and if the person is going to ignore me because of that or because of some other petty issue which more than likely didn't involve the person in the first place let it be.

End of Story, I do not personally care about people such as bladez and such banning me, if thats the way they want to act so be it.

"Bo. Though your intelligence is evident "for a teenager"

do not tell me my level of intelligence please, you have not taken the proper steps to measure it nor are you certified to do so. Thank you

First This is "Skin love"
I don't think it was named that for no reason.

Gee ya think? Just because its named skin love doesn't mean all the skins shown here will be loved, if you believe this you're reading to far into the name. Maybe its called skin love because its a centralized area of people who like to skin, you create skins for yourself to "love" if others don't love it as you do, it doesn't make them anti skin love.

It's time for you choose weather or not you want to be a forum victim

I'll be a forum victim as long as I am targeted and victimized by other members, since I'm not doing anything wrong I have no control over this, so choosing is out of the question unless I go around lying to people saying I like their skins.

Lastly do not pin this on me it takes two to tango, the people on the other side of the fence are not even being noticed, and they are just as much part of the problem as I am. Also do not say something such as you've done other things, your an a$$hole because I can dig up several occasions where other people have been, but everyone seems to forget those problems. For example as highlighted by this thread Garetjax has done the same thing as I have, maybe even worse, but was he talked to even once? I think not.

And to you wally, you didn't recieve an apology as you have not given me a reason to recieve one. I have no knowledge of how the info I entered into my info affected you negatively in any way, so I am asking again:

"How did your name in my info actually hurt you?" I'm not saying this to be mean, I just have no clue whatsoever was wrong with your name being there, maybe I'm blind on this one, so thats why I'm asking for a seeing eye dog. Ok?

yea...I said it.

Old 17th August 2001, 03:11   #34
Forevever
Major Dude

lalalafeelingleftoutlalala

Quote:
Originally posted by e-blackadder
Your biggest problem Bo, to put it bluntly, is you are a real a**hole at times.
So why did you get banned before?
Why did you call yourself 'Wildrose Wally' in your personal details? Why do you say negative, stupid things to people that have no bearing on their skins, their points, or their questions? The answers are 'No', 'No, and 'No.' You do those things because you are immature, childish, and a smartass.

Now alot of us have lowered ourselves to your level, which is wrong. We've ragged on you, made fun of you, and yelled at you. For myself, at least, I am sorry and I hope you accept this apology.
I see you made sure to get in, a hell of a lot of ragging, before your promise not to do it anymore...

Quote:
Originally posted by wildrose-wally
Thank you very much for your apology. It is sure nice to know that you really meant it.
Don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm sure he meant no offense to you by saying the issue was petty. Which it was...
note: Mr Bo, I read your apology in another thread. I'm too tired to look it up but you did say sorry and you said you were going to remove it. You explained that while doing your update, it was the only thing that came to mind.

Quote:
Originally posted by pixelpusher
Bo. Though your intelligence is evident "for a teenager"
Your inability to see what your doing is making it harder for those
with real hearts to accept you into the group.
::psst::you spelled "you're" wrong::: (3rd one)

I agree he's intelligent, however I still don't think he's done anything wrong. I'm not immature, I'm not stupid. I'm known to go off on a tangent about (already, obviously) known winamp problems, but its mostly cause I'm blowing off steam.
If I post a skin and say "my new skin, what do you think" and Mr Bo says "I hate it", I'm going to just ignore him anyway. Its stupid to even give a plain, 3 word response like that any time, and I wonder about the maturity of the people who couldn't just pass it by.

Quote:
Originally posted by pixelpusher
You can be what you want here. But remember who you are and what
kind of spirit you are projecting. It has an impact on how people
see you. :)
Then I wonder why Mr Bo even cares. Could it be? Is everyone in the world this immature? (with exception of course ::waves hi to jax::)
::cries over the idiocy of it all::

I think Mr. Bo said it best when he said...
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bojanglez
"That since it's mean to tell people that I dislike their skin I shouldn't do it."
But that isn't the way things work, and I'm personally sick and tired of saying this over and over again.
Mr. Bo, stop telling them already. They heard you first 500 times and really are not interested. They will continue to hate you or they will not. I say be yourself, by yourself.. whatever makes you happy.

And if you just plain straight up hate my skin, please tell me. That way when you do not respond to one of my posts, I know its a skin you like

::left to wonder what everyone will bitch about if mr bo stops being mean to them::

If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to Forevever@aol.com
I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.
Old 17th August 2001, 04:15   #35
e-blackadder

Quote:
I see you made sure to get in, a hell of a lot of ragging, before your promise not to do it anymore...
I didn't rag him that time. I was pointing out why he irritates people, a point I may add that he seems to have missed entirely. So allow me to clear that up:
"It isn't what you say, it's what you do"

Nobody cares about his opinion. Saying "I hate it", while repetitive and pointless, does not hurt anyone's feelings in the slightest. People get mad because he is, put bluntly, a real jerk. It's all in the way you act and the tone you adopt for your posts. For example the whole "I am Wildrose-Wally" episode.

Yeah, on the surface it may not seem like that big a deal, but it's still a violation of Wally's rights, done deliberately by someone who lacks the maturity to understand why doing it was wrong. You would have to be a real a$$hole to think it was funny, and you would have to be a real jerk to do it in the first place. Bo keeps crying about how "nobody likes his opinions," and "I'm just being honest" when that is not the problem at all. It's his attitude. And I can tell from his replies that this is something he doesn't comprehend, just like he doesn't comprehend what he did wrong calling himself Wally. He doesn't get it, he's not going to, and he wont until he reaches a level of maturity that will only come in time.

Last thing, since it never got answered. Bo, so why did you call yourself Wildrose-Wally in the first place? Did you think it was funny? What was the point?
Old 17th August 2001, 07:17   #36
iverssson

Send a message via ICQ to iverssson Send a message via Yahoo to iverssson
This should kill this thread right here....

***Disclaimer: This is in no way intended to offend the mentally challenged, just those who act like it, when they in fact are not.
Old 17th August 2001, 15:18   #37
Forevever
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by e-blackadder
Last thing, since it never got answered. Bo, so why did you call yourself Wildrose-Wally in the first place? Did you think it was funny? What was the point?
I already said he answered this question in another thread. He said he was updating his profile, and it was the only thing that came to mind. He also stated he had no intention of leaving it there and was surprised that anyone noticed it.

I personally have not seen Mr Bo acting like a jerk on any occassion. It is very possible that he has in the past, but I'm too freakin' lazy to look it up.

In this thread, I see a guy questioning why he's being singled out.

If you (meaning anyone, not directed specifically) would detach your personal feeling from this, read Mr Bo's point of view, imagine for a moment that its someone else he's questioning, you just might agree with his side.
Old 17th August 2001, 16:16   #38
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Location: Gent, Belgium. does anybody know where the toilets are?
Send a message via ICQ to simon snowflake
To be honest. In the beginning I thought MR B. was a Jerk 1st class. so after a while I ignored him.
Then he came with some screencaps of skins he was working on, and since then he ain't such a pain in the well know hole.

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:
Old 17th August 2001, 18:37   #39
e-blackadder

inexcusable adj. Unable to be excused or justified.[/i]

Quote:
In this thread, I see a guy questioning why he's being singled out.
Bo dude, you single yourself out. It can't be put any simpler than that.
Old 17th August 2001, 19:33   #40
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

NOW ALL STOP WHINING AT GARET JAX!!! BE HAPPY HE IS A REVIEWER TOO, HE REVIEWED 50% OF ALL REVIEWED SKINS SO BE HAPPY COZ THANX TO HIM THE PILE OF UNREVIEWED SKINS GET SMALLER.. AND AT LEAST HE REVIEWS FAIR AND SQUARE!!! HE PUTS A LOT OF TIME INTO IT AND STOP BEING JEALOUS OF HIS SKIN PRODUCING RATIO!!!! IVE JUST HAD IT!!!!

(can you tell im pissed off???)

[edit]i think the message will come across now [/edit]

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins