Okay!Help a beginner in question asking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swat Leader
    • Mar 2001

Okay!Help a beginner in question asking!

Hey there,
    I'm a totally newbie in programmation. I wanna create an EQ with color and design for Winamp. Black with a lot of stripes.I wanna create the same EQ that I use at my school...it's a cool one. I just wanna know what program do I need?VB6?I downloaded Super PiMP from Winamp.com and I didn't find .exe to run program...is it normal?

Second project, create a totally new design for Winamp. Check my Mixer at my school (http://www.mackie.com/Products/VLZ_P...1604VLZPRO.asp) and I would like to recreate the same interface for Winamp.This is not a skin!All buttons on the console will work!Trim, EQ, AUX...all!Also Low cut(- of 75 Heartz!) MY question is...can I do this?Or it's a totally new program??If I can, how???

Thanx for any replys,

Swat Leader
    • Jun 2000

I can't program but want to help you a bit.

To program a plug-in you can better use C++. That's the language where Winamp is written in.

What do you want to do with Super PIMP? (You know that it is a Installer?) There is an .exe file but you'll need that one to compile your .nsi scripts. To understand that, you'd better read the ducuments and examples that come with it.

About your second project, that will depend of your capability. And how you want to make it will depend on yourself. Afterall your the programmer.

But since your a newbie I personally think that you're not (yet) capable to create these programs. Programming is difficult.

But I wish you good luck.
    berkenpi.es

Comment

• Mar 2001

Thanx for your your luck Kaboon...I know my second project is hard to do, but I will start with my first!I think it's less hard!And, do I absolutely need C++ or VB6 to create an EQ with colors?

And, what do you think of my console??This would be a great project...no?

Comment

• Major Dude
        • Jan 2001

Unfortunately you can't just ask how to do a major programming project (or two!) and then expect to get easy answers that will make you into a programmer. If you wanna be self-taught, get yourself a programming language (VB is easiest, C++ is the best but much more complicated), and get some good beginners books. Tied in with using the internet, you can become completely self taught this way.

Sorry this doesn't answer your questions as it has nothing to do with audio stuff, I just wanted to answer the question of learning to program.
        In support of aggressive sex with llamas, and freedom from the obligation to explain.
        Pawhosting.com | Pawsoft.com | Pawdesign.com | PabUK.com

Comment

• Moderator Alumni
          • May 2000

Originally posted by Swat Leader
          Hey there,
          I'm a totally newbie in programmation. I wanna create an EQ with color and design for Winamp. Black with a lot of stripes.I wanna create the same EQ that I use at my school...it's a cool one. I just wanna know what program do I need?VB6?I downloaded Super PiMP from Winamp.com and I didn't find .exe to run program...is it normal?

Second project, create a totally new design for Winamp. Check my Mixer at my school (http://www.mackie.com/Products/VLZ_P...1604VLZPRO.asp) and I would like to recreate the same interface for Winamp.This is not a skin!All buttons on the console will work!Trim, EQ, AUX...all!Also Low cut(- of 75 Heartz!) MY question is...can I do this?Or it's a totally new program??If I can, how???

Thanx for any replys,

Swat Leader
          Well at least you've got motivation

Sounds like you are wanting to do a rewrite on winamp more than anything, with a project that complex, why not just make yourself a whole new player? Because you would have to have to take control of alot of Winamp's Interface to do this, so this plugin would disable all of Winamp's functions. Either that or just build this to work along side of it.

All that said, you will definately have to read up on it, this is a very complex idea, but it can be done.
          -Jay | Radio Toolbox.com

Comment

• Mar 2001

Well, I think I will begin with the EQ!

Comment

• Mar 2001

For who's that interest, here's my little baby.I talk about my EQ!http://www.yamaha.com/menuitems/pane...5A/GQ2015A.htm

Comment

Working...
              X