Old 23rd September 2003, 04:57   #1
Nimelennar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nimelennar
Winamp Deskband

For those people who wanted a WiMP style deskband for Winamp, you're now in luck.
While browsing BetaNews.com, I found this, a deskband which works for Winamp 2.xx, Winamp3, and WiMP (it even has a button for Yonido's Jump to File component!). It has a whole bunch of useless features, but these are easily disabled.

WARNING: Limit the number of Buttons you are going to use to under about 8... any more and the buttons will overflow onto extra lines, making your taskbar much thicker.

The world is made of conflicts: good and evil, order and chaos, light and dark, hot and cold. All are essential to life. None can prevail for any length of time, or life will fail. In the end, the best any can hope for is balance.
Old 23rd September 2003, 09:49   #2
nierke

OMG thank you it's very good tool, i like it very much!!!!

...:::nierke:::...

...:::nierke:::...
Old 24th September 2003, 04:40   #3
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Actually, that component was published 6 days ago and is available through Winamp.com ...
Winamp Deskband [Component ID: 123908]

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 24th September 2003, 22:45   #4
Nimelennar
Major Dude

I live by the "Most Recent" list, and it wasn't on there (even though there were components published before and after it on the Most Recent list ), so I didn't see it on Winamp.com. Sorry.

The world is made of conflicts: good and evil, order and chaos, light and dark, hot and cold. All are essential to life. None can prevail for any length of time, or life will fail. In the end, the best any can hope for is balance.
Old 29th September 2003, 19:08   #5
Tim Heesters

In reply to Nimelennar:

When winamp deskband has more than 8 or so buttons it spans 2 rows in the taskbar, to resolve this, resize it (e.g. unlock the taskbar if applicable) and than use the deskband handle to resize it. Problem solved.

The useless features you refer to can have a hotkey assigned to them even when they aren't visible, this makes those features a lot less useless...

Just thought i'd let you know..
Old 30th September 2003, 02:54   #6
Nimelennar
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Heesters
In reply to Nimelennar:

When winamp deskband has more than 8 or so buttons it spans 2 rows in the taskbar, to resolve this, resize it (e.g. unlock the taskbar if applicable) and than use the deskband handle to resize it. Problem solved.

The useless features you refer to can have a hotkey assigned to them even when they aren't visible, this makes those features a lot less useless...

Just thought i'd let you know..
Yes, I know how to fix it... it's just really annoying to have to fix it EVERY time I open that toolbar (For some reason Windows doesn't remember my toolbar settings -- I just keep it open all the time instead; it starts in the right position when Windows starts).

And yes, I knew that too; I just was already using RM-X so I didn't consider it as a useful feature for myself... I forgot that it might be useful to other people.

Thanks anywho.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion