Old 17th July 2018, 14:09   #1
ComradeJuan

I dont understand anything, any help?

So, I am trying to start an Online Radio, and did so by using SHOUTcast Streaming Radio Manager Online (RMO), howerer, I am not understanding a thing about how to activate the radio, I have everything set up and have the MP3 Files in my PC (Or at least part of them, God, downloading music to PC is a hell), and everything set up to at least make a test broadcasting, but I dont understand how to activate my radio, it says I need to use an automatization program or something, where do I get something like that? Any help appreciated, thanks!
Old 17th July 2018, 15:13   #2
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Hmmm where to get an automation program? Preferably free? Simple just see my signature...

If you search my website you may also find other free software that will help you in your streaming quest...

Any questions direct them at the RadioDJ forums

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011 - People say I'm biased!

Online: Twitter - Facebook - RadioDJv2
Old 17th July 2018, 15:39   #3
ComradeJuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Garybaldy View Post
Hmmm where to get an automation program? Preferably free? Simple just see my signature...

If you search my website you may also find other free software that will help you in your streaming quest...

Any questions direct them at the RadioDJ forums
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm new to this so I dont get much, but this will do it! THANKS!
Old 17th July 2018, 15:43   #4
ComradeJuan

Eh, sorry to look like an ignorant, but, what am I supposed to do with "My SQL Server" "My SQL Database" "My SQL Username" and "My SQL Password"? Am I supposed to register somewhere or do something from my RMO Page?
Old 17th July 2018, 21:29   #5
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

mysql has nothing to do with shoutcast.
Old 17th July 2018, 22:29   #6
ComradeJuan

"RadioDJ" is asking for it it seems
Old 18th July 2018, 02:50   #7
jcnyct

do it the right way.. use SAM Broadcaster Pro.. it pays for itself if you're serious about Internet radio.

free programs??.. well you get what you pay for. You'll never be able to do what you can with SAM Broadcaster Pro with free programs.. trust me avoid the headache.

https://spacial.com/sam-broadcaster-pro
Old 18th July 2018, 08:51   #8
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
Eh, sorry to look like an ignorant, but, what am I supposed to do with "My SQL Server" "My SQL Database" "My SQL Username" and "My SQL Password"? Am I supposed to register somewhere or do something from my RMO Page?
An SQL server stores your information once you have it all setup and tracks imported its shouldn't be that daunting to use

https://djgarybaldy.co.uk/maria-db-radiodj/ Follow the steps mentioned in the various tutorials on my website and you should have RadioDJ setup with MariaDB in no time.

Like I said if you have issues setting things up hit us up on the RadioDJ forums http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnyct View Post
do it the right way.. use SAM Broadcaster Pro.. it pays for itself if you're serious about Internet radio.

free programs??.. well you get what you pay for. You'll never be able to do what you can with SAM Broadcaster Pro with free programs.. trust me avoid the headache.
RadioDJ isn't a bad program because its free. Its quite reliable & stable and easy to use once setup.

SAM has 4 different database setup options and uses MySQL also along with 3 other dodgy database options. So that wouldn't help him if he's confused as to what a database is. Plus SAM Costs $$$ and really isn't worth buying.

You can do MORE than SAM Broadcaster with RadioDJ it has more event actions than SAM for starters

@ComradeJuan Remember it can take time to get used to how things about Internet radio work... Have some patience! don't scream that you can't do something straight away learn like I did I knew nothing 16 years ago now I'm proficient in how the working of Internet radio actually work.

Old 18th July 2018, 13:58   #9
ComradeJuan

Thanks everyone!
Old 18th July 2018, 17:00   #10
jcnyct

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Garybaldy View Post

RadioDJ isn't a bad program because its free. Its quite reliable & stable and easy to use once setup.

SAM has 4 different database setup options and uses MySQL also along with 3 other dodgy database options. So that wouldn't help him if he's confused as to what a database is. Plus SAM Costs $$$ and really isn't worth buying.

You can do MORE than SAM Broadcaster with RadioDJ it has more event actions than SAM for starters
hmmm.. no need to lie. Let's set the record straight. No, RadioDJ does not even come close to what you can do with SAM Broadcaster Pro - let me repeat it again.. not even close.

sure RadioDJ is reliable and stable and easy to use once setup as you mentioned. But as far as advanced features, PAL scripting, reports and a ton more.. not even close.

We tried RadioDJ and gave it a shot.. but went right back to SAM Broadcaster within a month. We got tired that all of the basic features that come standard with SAM Broadcaster had to be installed thru 3rd party plugins with RadioDJ.

- Multiple encoders (aac, mp3) - 3rd party plugin.
- Advanced playlists/song categories - 3rd Party Plugin - years away from SAM's playlist rules, categories, separation by (artist, title, album)
- Liners.. good luck with different song categories
- Overlay - be prepared to manually set all your intros for each song manually - good luck with 5K+ song libraries
- streaming metadata - 3rd party plugin
- lack of deck pitch, volume, tempo control

this is just to name a few things that RadioDJ lacks or is really bad at.. PAL scripting with SAM Broadcaster brings things to an even higher level.

As I mentioned, if you're serious about radio.. SAM Broadcaster is the way to go. If it's just something casual, RadioDJ and several other FREE programs are an option (Zara Radio)
Old 18th July 2018, 19:09   #11
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

@jcnyct

does Sam pay you for this advertising?

if not, the playout system has been , is and always will be a choise by the one who is using it.
There is no bad or good playout system
sure there are pro's and con's to all systems but bottemline is that there is no good nor bad, so your choise is not the way to go.

I can think of other playout systems that can run circles around Sam software
But you don't see me telling others that they need to buy that....

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
Old 18th July 2018, 20:50   #12
jcnyct

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJK View Post
@jcnyct

does Sam pay you for this advertising?

if not, the playout system has been , is and always will be a choise by the one who is using it.
There is no bad or good playout system
sure there are pro's and con's to all systems but bottemline is that there is no good nor bad, so your choise is not the way to go.

I can think of other playout systems that can run circles around Sam software
But you don't see me telling others that they need to buy that....
to your comment that I bolded... I'm sure you can. However, I simply clarified a flat out lie made in the SAM vs RadioDJ conversation. If we're going to share information to help someone be prepared to be fact checked.

I actually encourage you to share information about other broadcasting software (free or paid) - then people who read can make decision for themselves.
Old 19th July 2018, 07:29   #13
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

Old 19th July 2018, 07:37   #14
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

@jcnyct You think what you like about RadioDJ everyone who comes to RadioDJ from SAM Broadcaster always says how bad SAM was for reliability and stability among other things...

SAM Broadcaster may well have a few features that RadioDJ doesn't but that still doesn't make RadioDJ any less of an automation program

RadioDJ doesn't have a "Pitch" control because its a Radio studio program not a program for use for DJ'ing at a nightclub with.

RadioDJ has great library support with unlimited categories/subcategories, It does have a reporting tool and it also has a feature called "Tracks from SQL query" which is similar to PAL scripts but they don't cause as many memory leaks as a badly written PAL script can do with SAMBC!

The paid for version of RadioDJ is under construction and i understand it has a lot more features than the free version including encoders built in

I'm fed up of having to keep defending RadioDJ against people like you. The way some people react when I mention it you'd think I'd just shown them a radio active turd from Chernobyl...

P.S For the record I do NOT LIE about RadioDJ that's a shocking accusation for someone to make anywhere not just on a forum! Take it back I'm no Liar!

Old 19th July 2018, 07:43   #15
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

stop this very minut, take a chillpill and leave it alone
or .....

Gary you don't have to defend anything at all or are you getting paid by this software?
So if a forum user has a different view , respect that and play nice.

Old 19th July 2018, 15:57   #16
jcnyct

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJK View Post
stop this very minut, take a chillpill and leave it alone
or .....

Gary you don't have to defend anything at all or are you getting paid by this software?
So if a forum user has a different view , respect that and play nice.
Of course, he's getting paid for it.. it's his program lol
Old 19th July 2018, 19:28   #17
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

enough is enough

if you want to continue there is PM
others don't need this , thread closed.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Tags
confusion, questions, radio, rmo, shoutcast