• Show
Clear All
  • ryerman
    Major Dude
    • Mar 2010

"Radionomy is it dying?"

Other groups are dissatisfied with Radionomy:

Register here: https://board.radionomy.com/
    in order to read the "Technical Support" forum, filled with lots of complaints.
    Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
  • Sabine Klare
    Forum Queen
    • Nov 2010

I am afraid, that especially the entertainment Sony wants to see Radionomy dead, because Radionomy works together with Vivendi. I myself don't want to see Radionomy dead, because I want to see SHOUTcast, Winamp and Milkdrop alive.

Frank always had appreciated the products of Sony, for example the CD Players, and Tangerine Dream had made a live concert in the Sony Center at Potsdamer Platz in Berlin. Now he has said, that he doesn't like Sony and its products anymore, because Sony does so many nasty actions against Vivendi and Radionomy.

BTW, I cannot translate very well from German to English, and I have read some German news.
    Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
    Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
    AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• ryerman
      Major Dude
      • Mar 2010

It is not only Winamp that is being mishandled by Radionomy.

Here is a message from a very dissatisfied radio broadcaster.
      A NOTE FROM J.M. Well everything worked out perfectly yesterday thanks to the great techs over at StreamLicensing and to our awesome DJ's that too...

Are the rats starting to leave a sinking ship?

Comment

• Sabine Klare
        Forum Queen
        • Nov 2010

Hello ryerman,

do You think, Winamp and SHOUTcast will survive, also if Radionomy would die some day?

There is no better media player than Winamp and no better music visualizer than Milkdrop. I have added so many beautiful Winamp Skins, so many beautiful Milkdrop Presets and so many beautiful Random Textures, Desktop Wallpapers and Komodo Backgrounds. The same files are in both Winamps on my PC and notebook.

I have read, the current Winamp works also on Windows 8 and Windows 10. I myself have Windows Vista and Windows 7. In the previous year also our second XP Computer had died. I admit, on my notebook I have Winamp 5.581 yet, but I have the sprites running also there. On my PC I have Winamp 5.7 Beta Build 3381 with Milkdrop 2.25c, and I have created many edited versions of presets, which use other textures and groups of random textures. I love the prefect preformance for the music in shuffle mode with repeat playlist, and the Winamp folders have reached 1.95 GB...
        Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
        Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
        AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• ryerman
          Major Dude
          • Mar 2010

Hi Sabine Klare
          Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
          do You think, Winamp and SHOUTcast will survive, also if Radionomy would die some day?
          I don't believe Radionomy will ever provide a new Winamp version, or improvements, or bugfixes.
          I think Radionomy has already abandoned Winamp and is no longer relevant to its survival.

All the Winamp versions will continue to survive, as long as there still exists some O/S on which they work, even if official downloads become unavailable.
          That will probably be a very long time.

I have no opinion about Shoutcast.

Comment

Working...
          X