X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yousefi
    • Jan 2021

Part of installation logs are missed in installer.log

I am using this special build 3.06.1 to support the install.log file in the installation folder.

There is a case that the file is partially saved, it means some logs are missed during installation. It is not missed randomly, The actual case is: The first section is partially logged from the middle of section, and the rest of installation are logged successfully.

I want to know is it possible that the process to write to file is stopped if any errors occurred (for example one of the installation files detected as virus by Anti virus) to delete the current log file and start with a new log file for the rest of installation process? Or any other reason? If any corruption during installation can cause this?

Any one faced with similar issue?

Section "install"
    Line 1
    Line 2
    Line 3
    Line 4
    Section End.

Line1, Line 2 are missed, rest are fine.
  • tranquiltarget
    • Jan 2022

Originally Posted by yousefi View Post
    I am using this special build 3.06.1 to support the install.log file in the installation folder.

There is a case that the file is partially saved, it means some logs are missed during installation. It is not missed randomly, The actual case is: The first section is partially logged from the middle of section, and the rest of installation are logged successfully.

I want to know is it possible that the process to write to file is stopped if any errors occurred (for example one of the installation files detected as virus by Anti virus) to delete the current log file and start with a new log file for the rest of installation process? Or any other reason? If any corruption during installation can cause this?

Any one faced with similar issue?

Section "install"
    Line 1
    Line 2
    Line 3
    Line 4
    Section End.

Line1, Line 2 are missed, rest are fine.
    The install.log file in the installation directory is also supported by this special build 3.06.1, which I am also using. But I've only been using it for a few months, so I haven't come across anything similar to your case yet. Were you able to totally resolve the situation?

Comment

• Anders
      • Jun 2002

Without example code it is hard to say what is going on.
      IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1

Comment

Working...
      X