Old 13th March 2016, 02:10   #1
mattauckland

Radionomy Stats Collector

Hey all,

Just wondering, what is the Radionomy Stats Collector?

I've got a listener, well I'll assume its a bot, hitting my AAC+ stream on my server at the moment, with the IP of 204.156.181.57 and the user agent of Radionomy Stats Collector.

Just wondered if anyone else has seen this?

As of this moment it has been connected for 00:50:55. Little unusual if it is just collecting stats. And to be honest, I built my own SHOUTcast analytics web app which pulls, and records data from all my servers every minute.

Great for report generation.

So, anyone else seen this yet? And on another note, is there any new releases of DNAS scheduled? Just wondering as its been a while.
mattauckland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2016, 02:31   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

You're using a 2.4.8 beta build and your station is on the DNAS+Monetization platform, right?
The RSC is the API which generates/provides the Stats in the RMO.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2016, 02:38   #3
mattauckland

I'm running 2.4.8.663 beta, but not on the monetisation scheme.
Old 13th March 2016, 03:18   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Hmm, so you don't have a shoutcast.com account with RMO access and your station isn't even registered under the DNAS-Only (no monetization) program?

Did DrO give you the beta to test potential bug fixes, or are you registered with one of our partner CDNs (SHOUTcast Hosting Company) who are using the beta?

The Radionomy Stats Collector is a feature of DNAS 2.4.8 / 2.5 (it's already being used for Radionomy, Streamonomy and SHOUTcast Streaming Service stations) and, as I said, will be what generates the DNAS station stats in the RMO once the new DNAS and site are eventually launched

However, it's meant to be just for registered stations (as will be a host of other new features), so maybe that side of things hadn't yet been fully implemented in the build you're using....
Old 13th March 2016, 03:27   #5
mattauckland

Most likely.

Yes, this was a beta build from Darren, DrO.

As the station is live now, I can't really shut it down to reload an older version, and as it has been really stable ever since, I wouldn't want to.

In my case this build fixed the issue with listener stats gathering by automation software like mAirList, which was using a method used in older versions of DNAS to get the active listeners.

There was also some other stuff I was testing for him too at the time, but I'm aware he's not with SHOUTcast anymore.

It's fine anyway, just wondered as I've had a few stream rippers appear on the server recently.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 13th March 2016, 03:34   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Oh, ok. Yes, 2.4.8 does fix that problem, along with a heap of other things.
Alas, I don't have a list of DrO's individual beta testers :-(
(though I do have a way of finding them, if needs be)

But just to confirm, the Radionomy Stats Collecter is official and legit, so is nothing to worry about.
Old 13th March 2016, 03:37   #7
mattauckland

Coolio, thanks!
Old 19th May 2017, 14:39   #8
Balky

Same thing is here.

I may have 16 listeners with absolutely different IPs, and located in different countris in Europe but user agent says Radionomy Stats Collector.

It is ridiculous to have 16 bots... I am sure these are real listeners and they either listen through specific device/player, or it is some error.
Balky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 15:12   #9
mattauckland

I now only see one Radionomy Stats Collector, normally from IP 31.12.68.45.

I've actually built my own Shoutcast Analytics web app, which logs all my listeners from each server including Country, City, and duration. I filter out all those who connect for less than 60 seconds, as you'll be surprised how many people listen for 10 seconds, then drop off.

It has made it a lot easier to generate listener reports, and look at who's connected in real-time.
Old 19th May 2017, 15:15   #10
mattauckland

Oh, and I also filter out the Bose Monitoring Service, and OnlineRadioBox HisBot from my stats, to make them more accurate.

Both of those services stay connected 24/7 to monitor the music being played.
Old 19th May 2017, 16:12   #11
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Balky

Has this only just started happening recently?

I've received one other report from another broadcaster who's also seeing it.

Yes, something isn't right there.
Maybe it's an issue with e.g the html5 player on radionomy.com, though I'm not sure yet....
I'll get back to you after further investigations......
Old 19th May 2017, 16:49   #12
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Investigations are ongoing.....

It may well be a bug in the DNAS, where e.g. "unknown" gets inadvertently erroneously displayed as "Radionomy Stats Collector"

EDIT: Yes. "Bug" found. Will be fixed in the next DNAS release.

UPDATE

June 2017

Radionomy Stats Collector @ 31.12.68.45 is authentic.
It is used to provide NowPlaying metadata for the player and pages at radionomy.com and should not be blocked.

Other entries displayed as Radionomy Stats Collector, but with a different IP address, is a bug where "unknown" User Agents are being wrongly labelled, and this bug will be fixed in the next DNAS release.
Old 21st May 2017, 22:09   #13
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to djSpinnerCee Send a message via AIM to djSpinnerCee
been seeing the "radionomy stats collector" in the admin cgi list of listeners (dnas v2.5.1), however, in the dnas log the user agent is "WinampMPEG/5.09" - at first i thought it was an ip based id, but i see it on varying ip addresses.

not sure what it means... just lettin' y'all know...
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 13:05   #14
RichardGhval

Radionomy Stats Collector

Is there a way to check ur personal stats? I know when looking at leaders u can see an individuals attack wins and def, but not ur own or squad mates. droid
RichardGhval is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions