Old 28th December 2016, 21:09   #1
MikaelaArsenault

SHOUTcast app for Android?

Why isn't there a SHOUTcast app for Android yet? I've tried looking on the Play Store for one, but all I see are just apps that have it instead. Can I listen to SHOUTcast on my Android device in Google Chrome?
MikaelaArsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 21:37   #2
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to djSpinnerCee Send a message via AIM to djSpinnerCee
i use ServeStream on android -- understands v1 and v2 stream urls and .pls files, and gets trackinfo. also works over the 4g mobile network where none of the html5 or flash browser players do. the only one i use.

edit.add: you can find it on the play store -- the sourceforge site is here https://sourceforge.net/projects/servestream/ you can download it from there as well.

Last edited by djSpinnerCee; 28th December 2016 at 23:34.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2017, 13:44   #3
WhoseLineFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by djSpinnerCee View Post
i use ServeStream on android -- understands v1 and v2 stream urls and .pls files, and gets trackinfo. also works over the 4g mobile network where none of the html5 or flash browser players do. the only one i use.

edit.add: you can find it on the play store -- the sourceforge site is here https://sourceforge.net/projects/servestream/ you can download it from there as well.
Thanks! When I upgrade my current tablet later on this year, I will make sure to get that app.
WhoseLineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 23:21   #4
LoveAngelmr

SHOUTcast app for Android

I use the Kuewlsoft Light Meter app on my Android device. Its free.
LoveAngelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 08:01   #5
malvin8

I am very impressed by the updates and frequency. You're doing a really good job. Simple. Functional. Note:. I've played with the text size settings in Android. The text and layout will have to be something I get used to. There doesn't seem to be a good size on my device. Too large and there's not much to read, too small and I can't read it. Luckily, this is an app you LISTEN to, so all is well. Prior comments:. Can the text size be made larger or scalable? Font is pretty small, and might hard the see for many. On a 6" device, there's lots of white space - plenty of room left to increase font size for station name. Recently got the Android version of app from Tutuapp APk for Android.
malvin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 08:18   #6
dopelabs

Send a message via AIM to dopelabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by djSpinnerCee View Post
there is no difference in the way your device receives data from a shoutcast server, wether it be an html5 player (your browser), some type of flash (also your browser), or a native app (which could just be calling up a webview, so again, your browser). the shoutcast server serves up the data to the client the same way, a stream of mp3 data via http.

your browser, plugins, extensions, and add ons may all contribute to a poor user experience. maybe theres a conflict, or maybe there is no native support in the browser you are using to playback whatever codec audio is being streamed.

if your browser has native support, it should easily playback an mp3 stream, regardless wifi or 4g (granted you have good signal and are not in an over subscribed area).

not too sure what the process is for droid phones, but making sure you are up to date on the OS and native app updates could help. ive heard that droid os versions are kind of a stupid mess, with a different version for just about every different type of hardware device its supported on. what a nightmare that must be... "ok time to make my app, and then make ** different versions of it for all the different versions of the os.".... headache.
dopelabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2017, 14:04   #7
djSpinnerCee
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to djSpinnerCee Send a message via AIM to djSpinnerCee
@dopelabs -- i hear you on all accounts -- all phone android is a carrier-hacked version that enforces data policies differently -- just in the time since the op -- the service rules have changed, especially with regards to streaming media. also if you remember at that time, we were also wondering what was up with html5 support in different browsers (we still are).

being a sysop and a broadcaster, i want to occasionally check connectivity, sometimes i even listen, and you are so right that the dnas is beautifully consistent -- it is the client apps, os, and net services that vary infinitely -- that's why a question like what's the best {anything} has no good answer, except to try things to find what works in what situations for you.
djSpinnerCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2017, 16:33   #8
apptoko

You can checkout the app on Apptoko App
apptoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions