Old 24th October 2005, 21:27   #1
vergold

not displaying anymore MIDI lyrics

Hi everyone,

I have the problem that WinAmp doesn't show the lyrics of a MIDI file with "Soft Karaoke" track which is visible in the "View file info" screen. I am even pretty sure that the lyrics of exactly this fyle were previously shown (actually WinAmp doesn't display any MIDI lyrics anymore).

Is anything wrong with my settings?

Thanks for any help.
vergold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 01:30   #2
siebe83
Forum King

Hi,

Maybe this...

Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Input > double-click Nullsoft MIDI player > tab Display > 'Show lyrics window while playing'

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 07:02   #3
vergold

Thanks. This is the option that I was looking for. The strange thing is however that I am not able to switch the "Display lyrics" on. When I check the corresponding check box and click OK, the MIDI configuraton window closes without any complains but when I open it again the "Display lyrics" box is unchecked.

I reinstalled WinAmp but this did not help. Any hints before reinstalling the whole Windows ?
vergold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 12:20   #4
siebe83
Forum King

Mmh, same here on a clean install of Winamp 5.11.

The changelog doesn't mention anything, but the Midi plugin has been updated from 3.07 to 3.08 in Winamp 5.11, so maybe this is a new bug.

Hopefully a moderator will notice this thread and move it over to bug reports if it's reproducable.
If nothing happens, you can post a bug report here. Include a reference to this thread.

Another thing I found with the Midi config, is that after clicking the Reset button > Yes, config will no longer open.

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 20:35   #5
JonnyMac

Moved from Tech Support to Bug Reports

Both bugs reproduced on a clean install of Winamp 5.11

Additional note, editing Winamp.ini and adding Lyrics=1 (or changing Lyrics=0 to Lyrics=1) in the [in_midi] section does not have a effect.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 23:00   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Lyrics window bug reproduced. Noted and added to internal bugtracker.

(Reset button bug is already known/listed)
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2016, 22:03   #7
DisneyWizard

Perhaps the vaguely ambiguous message presented when the window is closed could be clarified from
Quote:
To enable lyrics display again, go to MIDI plug-in config / display tab and check "Show lyrics window while playing.
to
To re-enable lyrics display, press [CTRL-P] to display preferences, in the plug-ins section click 'input', then in the right side pane choose MIDI player, then click the Configure button. Choose the Display Tab, then check the 'show lyrics window while playing' checkbox.

A huge help to the newbie would be to add a 'take me there' or 'undo' button to the bottom of the cryptic close message.
DisneyWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports