Old 13th November 2016, 23:21   #1
Worez

Metadata Reading "flashes" positions from the list

I have the

Options > Preferences > Titles > Metadata Reading > Read metadata in the background when file(s) are loaded into Winamp or are played or viewed in the playlist editor (default)

feature enabled

And so when I load up my 18 000 files, they are red one by one, as I can tell by the changing numbers below the list [indicating the overall time needed for playing them]. But apparently what that does in addition are the unwanted and annoying "flashes" in the Playlist Editor window- data [text] from files on the list disappear for a split second and then comes back. If the window is collapsed and there is place for only something like 7 songs [because that was the optimal visibility, set among my settings], those "flashes" seem to appear at a random intervals and sometimes a 5 second can pass between them. But in reality, they occur very often, which can be seen with the full long view of the Playlist Editor. I guess that every file that is read causes one "flash", of a random file seen on the list

I call it a flash, but really nothing gets brighter. There is just a disappearance of tag data displayed by Advenced Title Formatting and it come back. And pure names of files do not seem to "flash", as I can observe it in the few first second of the process of filling the list with tags
Worez is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Tags
flashes, playlist