Old 21st November 2009, 20:49   #241
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v1.1.1
  • Fixed enter/double-click not following Winamp's default action on the category entries in the Media Library tree
get v1.1.1

Minor update from an issue i've found with an upcoming ML Enq+Play update.

@papadoc: thank you

-daz
Old 19th January 2010, 22:57   #242
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v1.1.2
  • Updated to support 5.57+ language folder lookup
get v1.1.2

-daz
Old 20th January 2010, 16:41   #243
radicalsatdude

This plugin is so useful, when are they going to start including it with the official installer packages?
Old 24th January 2010, 08:59   #244
Stupifier
Major Dude

Dr.O, Thanks for the great plug-in. Been using it for a while now and it serves good purpose.

I do have a suggestion to improve the functionality of this plug-in though. Global Hotkey support. A hotkey to send current playing song to XXXX bookmark category. In short, I use the bookmark hotkey alot. I always find it somewhat of a hassle that I must stop what I'm doing and go to ML to assign a category to what I bookmarked.

A Hotkey assignable to specific bookmark categories would really improve efficiency and use of this plug-in. I hope this feature is possible to implement into ML Bookmark Categoriser?
Old 25th January 2010, 07:40   #245
DrO

first thoughts on this are to just enable the 'prompt for category when adding a bookmark' option.

otherwise i assume you'd want say win+1 to assign to 'rock', win+2 to assign to 'dance' - is just how to get the ui for setting that which i'm not sure about.

-daz
Old 25th January 2010, 15:30   #246
Stupifier
Major Dude

Personally, I envisioned your second option.
" want say win+1 to assign to 'rock', win+2 to assign to 'dance' "

This would make the assignment of a song to a specific bookmark and category in a single hotkey. Very handy in my opinion.

The UI prompt would be alright, but not what I was looking for personally. As far as integration goes, sorry.....I am a programming lacking engineer..can't help ya there. I mainly think of ideas Thanks for the response DrO
Old 25th January 2010, 15:40   #247
DrO

thanks for the clarification as i really wasn't sure of the first option was going to be viable or not. will have a bit of a play around and see what i can come up with (is mainly making sure that it's intuitive to use that i've got to think over properly).

-daz
Old 26th January 2010, 06:43   #248
Stupifier
Major Dude

Awesome, I look forward to this. As always, Do this at your own pace and I'm fortunate that others are willing to implement my suggestions into their work.
Old 15th June 2010, 21:34   #249
DrO

ML Bookmark Categoriser v1.2
  • Moved localisation support to the Winamp 5.5+ style .lng file (plug-in only runs on 5.5+ clients now)
  • Removed all legacy code
  • Fixed handling of Main menu->Play->Bookmark not having sub-menus added to it in all cases
  • Converted plugin over to being unicode throughout (should allow unicode categories now)
  • Lots of internal changes due to the removal of legacy handling (hopefully nothing broken and anything which was broken will now work)
  • Internal updates for future client compatibility
get v1.2

Stupifier: i've not forgotten your request, just haven't gotten around to looking into it.

-daz
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:19   #250
Stupifier
Major Dude

Great! I'll check it out in the morning. Thanks DrO
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:13   #251
Squashed

The installation of the new version crashed my bookmarks file.
After recovering that file from a backup it seems to work but I found that when I choose a category in the left tree the displayed stations on the right side show no Bookmark URL. And when i click on one of them they don't open. When I return from the category to the general display I can start those stations.
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:46   #252
DrO

please attach your bm and bmc files please.

-daz
Old 29th June 2010, 17:12   #253
Squashed

I sent you a PM this morning, but never mind: I just installed the brand new Winamp 5.58 and now everything's back to normal
Btw: the winamp,bm and winamp.bmc didn't change after the installation so it must have been something else.
Old 29th June 2010, 17:16   #254
DrO

only just seen the pm. i had a feeling it might be a pre-5.58 incompatibility as most of the updates for 1.2 were done with the internal 5.58 versions. i'll have a look into the issue still on 5.57 as the plug-in is meant to run correctly at least on all 5.5x installs.

-daz
Old 30th August 2010, 03:03   #255
osmosis
Major Dude

interestingly enough, tried installing this to get gen_dragndrop going again (now that we've got the awesome unicode taskbar fixer) and once bk_dnd_hack=1 is added to winamp.ini i'm getting a crash due to skin manager? otherwise it works but of course the bookmarks are blank. removing skin manager then puts the error in ntdll.

Faulting application name: winamp.exe, version: 5.5.8.2985, time stamp: 0x4c3b43ea
Faulting module name: gen_skinmanager.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4c1a545c
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0000aef7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\gen_skinmanager.dll

Shame about DnD... so many tragically broken plugins fallen to disrepair

Last edited by osmosis; 30th August 2010 at 03:38.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:56   #256
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
Shame about DnD... so many tragically broken plugins fallen to disrepair
yeah does seem to have gone that way with a lot of Winamp (ironically i'm doing a load of mini plug-in updates for some of the ones i've not touched in a while so i'm still naively here ). will look into this soon, just need to find my copy of DnD to test it out with (i doubt it's actually due to Skin Manager but just happens to be down to how things are loaded and where they are in the subclass chain).

-daz
Old 9th September 2010, 23:46   #257
DrO

i've just started to have a look and i wasn't able to get a crash though i've had to remove all of my gen_* to get Winamp to load after installing DnD (still working through which plug-in is causing the lockup).
[edit] and it's gen_copy causing the issue for me though that one is getting an update soon anyway so that's not too much of a problem, heh.

with just DnD and gen_ml and this plug-in it didn't crash though looks like i may need to re-investigate my hack fix for DnD as it doesn't seem to work now (probably related to the unicode changes i made in the last release of this plug-in).

i've also been experiencing some weirdness with the menu integration so i'll be trying to resolve that as well for the next version along with some client compatibility testing to resolve the issues Squashed reported with pre 5.58x installs (as i'm still officially supporting 5.5+ clients).

-daz
Old 10th September 2010, 09:19   #258
DrO

osmosis: pm sent with a link to a test build, hopefully that'll resolve the crash and get the blank view working again (was down to the unicode changes in the plug-in and my not updating things completely with the winamp.bm8 support in the Winamp core).

-daz
Old 10th September 2010, 19:20   #259
osmosis
Major Dude

The test build seems to work great! Thanks so much for hacking around yet again for someone else's plugin. You're the sole savior (survivor?) of the plugin community - or at least sometimes it seems that way! Shame Joonas doesn't at least release the code GPL. I paid for a registration back when he was doing that and it'd be great to see the functionality of it wrapped into the default install or something.
Old 10th September 2010, 19:46   #260
DrO

thanks for the confirmation it's working, just need to check over a few things and then we'll have a new public version. if i'd coded the update correctly to start with then you'd never have known about it not working, hehe (was a dumb one in not mapping to the new bm8 filepath which is now needed in most cases).

gullable fool is what i'd generally go with but yeah, there's no really active devs at least on the forum anymore but then i think most people who prefer to do coding such things have moved to different players / OSes or just disappeared.

as for the DnD functionality, i've been thinking of trying to do either a native or alternative version but it's a matter of time and i'm somewhat conflicted with time to work on things as i need to finish updating my existing plug-ins and website (about halfway through that at the moment) and finish learning C# with my Resource Editor project. if only i could double the number of hours in a day and have a job *shrugs*

-daz
Old 16th September 2010, 23:44   #261
Oxa

Slight glitch

I just downloaded ML Bookmark Categoriser and installed it with Winamp 5.56. So far so good, with one exception: Before installing the bookmark plugin, the taskbar button for Winamp showed the song being played, and now it doesn't - it shows just the first letter of the song. That means I have to click on the Winamp taskbar button to maximize Winamp so I can see what's playing. Previously I could hover the mouse over the taskbar button. Since I use Winamp to listen to Internet radio a lot, and I often want to figure out what the song is, this is a real hindrance. I'd appreciate it if you could look at this and fix it.
Old 17th September 2010, 00:36   #262
osmosis
Major Dude

Oxa, while it presents once Bookmark Categorizer is used, it is most likely due to another more outdated plugin. I wholeheartedly recommend DrO's Unicode Taskbar Fix as it should handle it.
Old 17th September 2010, 08:27   #263
DrO

Oxa: can you provide a plug-ins list please -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins as that'll make it easier to work out which old plug-in is causing the issue.

-daz
Old 5th October 2010, 02:51   #264
osmosis
Major Dude

Editing an existing bookmark with the DnD plugin and the test build you gave me seems to cause a crash pretty consistently. Disabling DnD resolves. Joy more work. Blah :/
Old 11th October 2010, 08:59   #265
DrO

will check it out over the next few days now i'm back from holiday (especially as it's one of the few plug-ins i've not updated as part of my recent 6 week long site update, heh).

-daz
Old 20th November 2010, 04:15   #266
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Just bought a new computer with Windows 7. Installed Winamp v. 5.5.81. I was able to move all my bookmarks over from the old computer. Installed the last version of the Bookmark Categoriser and ml_bkmk.dll is in the Plugins folder. But there are no categories showing up in the Media Library under Bookmarks. When I start a stream and hit Ctrl-B, Edit Bookmark Category pops up but the list is empty. Any ideas why?
Old 20th November 2010, 09:59   #267
DrO

did you copy the winamp.bmc file as well and place it in the same location as the bookmark files? is the only thing i can think off to explain the lack of categories.

-daz
Old 20th November 2010, 16:40   #268
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
did you copy the winamp.bmc file as well and place it in the same location as the bookmark files? is the only thing i can think off to explain the lack of categories.

-daz
Yes I did. This morning, I decided to copy the entire Winamp folder from the old computer to the new one and everything works fine, including all the bookmark categories. I thought I had to do a new install of Winamp. I'm not sure why on a new install of Winamp and the Bookmark Categoriser it didn't show up, though. Oh well, all is good now.
Old 27th March 2011, 19:09   #269
Stupifier
Major Dude

Hey DrO,
I was curious if you had a chance to look into my feature request a little further? No rush if not, I'm patient.
Old 27th March 2011, 19:19   #270
osmosis
Major Dude

Just wanted to mention Daz, you should cut out all those DnD hacks if you feel so inclined. It's pretty much a lost cause. Maybe someday we'll get the ability to drag and drop in the core or another plugin, but Joonas' attempt is beyond broken.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 27th March 2011, 21:20   #271
DrO

Stupifier: nope as i've not done any plug-in updates since 16/11/2010 (shows when i started working again).

osmosis: true. might be time for some sort of plug-in black-list to be introduced into Winamp itself as i've seen it in Foobar2000 and it seems to make sense though with Winamp users, that seems to be more of a hinderence and a reason to stay on older versions (too many people still use the 2.x series from what can be determined especially from the requests i get every now and then to do 2.x versions of plug-ins).

-daz
Old 30th December 2012, 03:53   #272
MeTuLHeD

I realize there hasn't been any activity on this thread in some time. But I just had to post and let you know how much I appreciate this plug-in. I have tons of internet radio stations bookmarked and this was just the thing I was looking for - a way to simply and effectively organize them into folders. Thanks SO much for this add on!
Old 30th December 2012, 17:16   #273
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
osmosis: true. might be time for some sort of plug-in black-list to be introduced into Winamp itself as i've seen it in Foobar2000 and it seems to make sense
interesting... this is very similar to the "safe mode" plugin verifier idea we've talked about before.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 30th December 2012, 18:36   #274
DrO

MeTuLHeD: glad it's helping. there's not much talk about it since it generally just works, hence no really need for posting when there's no new version, etc.

MrSinatra: true, and i believe that quoted post pre-dates the more recent thread about such a mode.

-daz
Old 9th April 2013, 19:41   #275
jpm1

someone could upload MLBC somewhere . thanks a lot
Old 9th April 2013, 19:45   #276
DrO

nope.
Old 10th April 2013, 00:48   #277
jpm1

why , what's going wrong
Old 15th April 2013, 21:44   #278
siavash119

jpm1: Here is 0.8.1. Sorry it's all I have

<link removed>
Old 16th April 2013, 23:54   #279
jpm1

Thanks a lot .
but Dro what's going wrong man , this is great and must have plugin ??
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:37   #280
DrO

because as the author of the plug-in i can do whatever the hell i want to do with providing of the plug-ins. and if i don't want it out there, i don't have to provide it. i've removed the alternative link which was posted. and now i'm closing this thread so it can die. end of discussion.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion