Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 23rd November 2009, 23:46   #41
DrO

and beta1 now uploaded as per info in link in this post (should resolve ml_disc lack of support)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 00:00   #42
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Yay, finally beta status. It's really one of the most essential plugins.

I won't miss Enqueue & Play as default doubleclick behavior anymore.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 13:19   #43
DrO

heh, has taken a while to get to a beta release though at least development is moving a bit faster on it now

-daz
Old 22nd May 2010, 10:12   #44
DrO

ML Enqueue and Play v2.0
  • Moved localisation support to the Winamp 5.5+ style .lng file (plug-in only runs on 5.5+ clients now)
  • Added winampUninstallPlugin(..) support
  • Fixed random crash with a modern skin loaded and some of the menus
  • Fixed race condition preventing enq+play not working in all cases
  • Added better handling of enter/double-clicking in the ML tree (probably not complete/correct but does ml_local and ml_bookmark ok)
  • Default enter/double-click action is now highlighted in the menus
  • Default keyboard accelerator action is shown in the menus now
  • Fixed issue where default action was sometimes overriding what was already specified
  • Fixes support for setting enqueue & play as default action when using a language pack (media library page)
  • Fixed enqueue and play not starting if the playlist was already open
  • Better control of the menus and dialogs the plugin attempts to control (especially since the beta version)
  • Overall should be more reliable and better integrates into Winamp
get v2.0

This is a cumulative/summary update of everything from after the v1.4 release to this v2.0 release (as it's been a while since i updated it all and it's been stable enough for the last year). Enjoy

-daz
Old 9th July 2010, 10:17   #45
c1ph3r

Hi,
I have a problem with ML Enqueue & Play v2.0. (Crash of Winamp)

Language: English
Winamp 5.58 clean installation without any 3rd-party plugin

1. In Preferences - Media Library - Local Media - Option - Advanced Media Library Preferences - Display 'Refine' search field in album views set to TRUE
2. Insert any string in the 'Refine" field to filter the view
3. Click on the 'Playlists' node of the ML tree (even if no Playlist has been defined)
* Winamp crash!

In WinXP Event Viewer, the log for the Application Error says:
"Faulting application winamp.exe, version 5.5.8.2974, faulting module ml_enqplay.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00002199."

The problem is reproducible also on another machine with the same OS and Winamp configuration.

In any case.. this Plugin is great!
c1ph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 13:36   #46
apoc [t.i.m.]

ML: right click > sent to > add to queue

Is there an easier way, or will it perhaps be added in the ML Enqueue and Play in a near future?

I was hoping it will be possible to just double click on a file and that it will be queued instead of enqueued, the right click menu option (sent to) is unnecessary complicated in my opinion.
It's correct this isn't yet possible with your plugin? Or am I missing something perhaps?

With kind regards,
Tim
apoc [t.i.m.] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 13:42   #47
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc [t.i.m.] View Post

Is there an easier way, or will it perhaps be added in the ML Enqueue and Play in a near future?
It's something i've thought about adding but i've just not had a chance to do any real work on any of my plug-in's since november last year, so i cannot say when / if i'd be able to get around to doing it.

-daz
Old 8th September 2011, 08:53   #48
apoc [t.i.m.]

Great

Super! it's great it's in your ToDo list, I can wait, when it's in your my hero hahaha

Thx. for the fast reply
Old 17th October 2011, 18:47   #49
apoc [t.i.m.]

looking for add to queue (and play) in media library

there isn't somewhere a tool or plug-in that can do this? anybody?
Old 17th October 2011, 19:00   #50
DrO

i said i've added it to my todo list, that's the best you're going to get as there are pretty much no proper plug-in developers now and what you're wanting is something that just needs me to have a few hours to implement it in the plug-in.

as you said you can wait, so that's all i can suggest you do for the time being (unless you can find a way for me to have a 48hr day and remain productive for all of that duration).

-daz
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:34   #51
apoc [t.i.m.]

;-p

I was only wondering if there allready is some half baked solution which I could probably use until you find the time to do it in a proper way, but it seems not by reading your last reaction.

No probs, I'll wait and follow this topic.
It would be a really great additional function to improve the usability.

Thx for your reply and for putting it on your todo list of course
Old 2nd January 2012, 23:37   #52
jph6t
Major Dude

ML Enqueue and Play v2.0.1

On 11/15/2010, DrO released ML Enqueue and Play v2.0.1

This update to the plugin:
  • Fixed compatibility with Winamp 5.59+
  • Fixed crash when moving between specific pages in the in media library
Thank you DrO!
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 19:21   #53
L1qu1dBlue

Thanks for This DrO! Makes playlist composition so much easier!
L1qu1dBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 11:13   #54
apoc [t.i.m.]

update?

I was wondering if this was still alive?
,,add to queue (and play) in media library'' instead of ,,ML: right click > sent to > add to queue''
Old 20th October 2012, 11:41   #55
DrO

it's as alive as all of my plug-in development.
Old 6th November 2012, 10:43   #56
apoc [t.i.m.]

okay

is that a good thing or a bad thing
Old 6th November 2012, 11:41   #57
DrO

for you, a bad thing.
Old 7th October 2013, 00:32   #58
DrO

i've uploaded v2.0.3 as a compatibility / stability update (it now will only work on Winamp v5.64+) and can be gotten from http://winampplugins.co.uk/mlenqplay.html. this does not add any new features, though suggestions may be reconsidered at a future time.
Old 7th October 2013, 03:49   #59
DrO

as an addition to my earlier post, v2.1 (which will require a newer Winamp and v5.65) should have some form of being able to provide an 'enqueue and play' button at the bottom of appropriate views (which for ml_local will be finally able to utilise the old predixis button so i don't mess around the translators more than i already have).

it may (at a later time i.e. not for v2.1) allow for the button to be re-purposed to some of the other requests (e.g. add to queue) though whatever is done, it will only allow for _one_ button to be added and then the action wanted would have to be decided (there is a way which could allow it to be a pop-up menu so the single button shouldn't be too much of a problem in the long run i believe).
Old 7th October 2013, 22:38   #60
djpete
Major Dude

A little off topic but I have been waiting for a freeze plugin for a long long time. Didn't realise there was one until I read this thread
"Not so. You can lock Winamp’s size & position using dllmain’s Freeze plugin."
and it seems to work fine. No more bumping windows apart. I now have classic skin turned into a Single GUI. Fantastic.
I'm sure I have requested this before but was told it can't be done. :-(
But it has been!

It's not in the Plugins area though.
How can we get it there so others can find it?
This is a major plugin that deserves to be there.
Can I add it?

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 00:52   #61
DrO

not without express permission of the plug-in author (or the preferred manner is for them to submit it) and without checking the plug-in, i'd suspect it'd need some minor updates to work nicely with recent Winamp releases (as unless it meets some required aspects, i don't allow plug-in submissions through e.g. 5.34+ unicode taskbar support and following the correct settings folder if it provides settings).
Old 8th October 2013, 01:07   #62
djpete
Major Dude

Bugger. It works fine for me in any case with classic skin and it's a ripper plugin.
I'm going to at least make a seperate thread for it as I never knew it existed. I reckon it will be handy for a lot of people especially the diehards like me still using classic skins. Thanks.

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 8th October 2013, 01:11   #63
DrO

that might be so, but there's lots of 'ripper' plug-ins as you put it (no shrimps though ) which aren't on there and due to the nature of things, it needs to be done by the plug-in author or with their express permission (as i'd be pissed if someone tried to submit one of mine and claimed it as their own [which has happened once] especially when i decided not to list them on the site).

there already is a thread specifically for the plug-in -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=240130
Old 8th October 2013, 01:14   #64
djpete
Major Dude

All good not looking for any fame here just trying to let others find a great plugin.
Added my 2cents to that thread which was a little old...2006. No wonder it was never seen.

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 17th December 2013, 13:50   #65
DrO

just updated the plug-in with a v5.66x compatible build so it will integrate with the combined button mode (this version will only work on a v5.66x client and trying to use it on anything earlier will cause issues!).
Old 17th December 2013, 18:30   #66
aranea

ML_Enqueue_and_Play_v2_1.exe
44.292 bytes
MD5=05026a74772a1199c107a974103d0ba0
Release date 17/12/2013

installs a version that identifies itself as:
ML Enqueue and Play v2.0.3
Build date: Oct 7 2013
aranea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 18:35   #67
DrO

try downloading it again, not sure what went on as the correct file was in my build folders but somehow an older copy of the dll was included.
Old 17th December 2013, 18:47   #68
aranea

New file:
ML_Enqueue_and_Play_v2_1.exe
44.637 bytes
MD5=1db1faa06bb655f4495fb3a4e176c0d3
Release date 17/12/2013

installs a version that identifies itself as:
ML Enqueue and Play v2.1
Build date: Dec 17 2013

Thank you.
aranea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 19:13   #69
DrO

sorry about that and thanks for confirming it's ok now.
Old 28th September 2014, 12:44   #70
Koogle

Another feature to have it move the enqueue track to where current playing song is in the playlist? or whereever the track selection is in the playerlist window?

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 13:23   #71
DrO

that won't be added to this plug-in as i'm planning on killing the plug-in off.
Old 1st October 2014, 22:02   #72
Koogle

sounds like good progress is there anything crap that won't be killed off in winamp?

Old 1st October 2014, 22:47   #73
DrO

...because i'm hoping to integrate the plug-in functionality directly it into Winamp! hence no more need for the plug-in or for me to update it... and if you think it's crap, then you know what to do.
Old 2nd October 2014, 20:52   #74
Koogle

"because i'm hoping to integrate the plug-in functionality directly it into Winamp"

why not say that in the first place.. you missed by sarcasm but still its not really that useful a plugin unless you can make it insert into near currently playing or selected track in the playlist... dumping it on the bottom of the playlist is just annoying I might aswel just drag drop the damn song into the current playlist view area... would be good be otherwise.

Old 2nd October 2014, 21:02   #75
Aminifu
Forum King

If you are using the current Winamp version and the required plug-ins (links to download are in DrO's signature beneath his post), then after selecting the files in the media library you can right click on the selected group and use the context menu's "Send to: > Move after current playlist item" command.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 22:56   #76
Koogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
If you are using the current Winamp version and the required plug-ins (links to download are in DrO's signature beneath his post), then after selecting the files in the media library you can right click on the selected group and use the context menu's "Send to: > Move after current playlist item" command.
We are looking for faster shortcuts to common tasks.. doing stuff like rightclicking context menu's "Send to: > Move after current playlist item"

takes longer than just drag & dropping in most cases

its the same with stupidity of sending a favourite song to a playlist... someones bright idea was to bury the library playlist into the send menu instead of putting at the top of the context menu for the playlist context.. [rmb]>[send to]>[library playlists]>[aah finally I can click on the playlist I want to send this song to] doesn't seem to be anyway customize this stuff at all and its not like there is any playlist button that directly shows the [library playlists]

Old 2nd October 2014, 23:16   #77
DrO

the order of things in the send-to menu depends on the plug-in loading order and at what point that those plug-ins register the send-to actions. and it's standard throughout all instances of that action.

yes maybe it should be more accessible, but as that's just how it's implemented, that's what you've got to work with.

and with dragging being easier, yes it is but as it's not been implemented, it's not an option currently and i doubt it'll appear in any of the early 6.x releases.

and the reason my plug-in (and others that do similar things) dumps it at the end of the playlist is because that's what the enqueue action does. if it's that much of an issue for you, you can make a plug-in that overrides the enqueue behaviour and forces a move after current action.
Old 3rd October 2014, 04:46   #78
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koogle View Post
We are looking for faster shortcuts to common tasks.. doing stuff like rightclicking context menu's "Send to: > Move after current playlist item"
Unless I'm missing something, "Enqueue and play selection" is also a context menu command (although it has a hotkey). I just suggested another one that does what you (we) want.

Everyone would like their favorite command at the top of the list (or on a separate button), but of course this is not possible. Or maybe a user configurable 'do whatever' button could be added. Some cPro 2 skins have such a button. The current list of what it could do is rather short. I use it to cycle thru the skin's color themes.

'Drag and drop' is only faster when the source and destination locations are clearly visible, which is not the case with some UI skins.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 17:23   #79
Sagehorn

Essential plugin to me. But "Enque after current track" is still missing
Yes, it works with the send to function, but thats too inconvenient
Sagehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2019, 18:13   #80
thevan

It's strange—I’m using the plugin and it does what I want for the actual library (at the bottom), but in the views, whether I double click or hit enter, it acts as if I had hit ‘play’ and clears my playlist... which is odd because when I right click, the ‘Play/Enqueue/Enqueue and play’ menu has the hotkeys one would expect (i.e., Ctrl+Shift+Enter for Play and Enter for Enqueue & Play.
thevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion