Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 26th July 2019, 10:57   #1
TrevorSaldana

Is it possible to route PC audio through Winamp like a physical receiver?

So, firstly, I'd like to say helloo, as I'm new to the subreddit, but as the title says, I'm looking to see if it's possible to route say, game audio through Winamp as though it were a hardware stereo receiver my computer was hooked up to, as I have what I like to think is a decent EQ, and game music in particular sounds really good through it to my ears.

I've thought about trying to figure out how to do this in the past, but until now, I never really got around to asking if it could be done. I'm using the latest 5.8 build of Winamp, so I have no clue if that'll have any bearing on what I want to do, or if I'll have to downgrade to the latest patched version of 5 triple 6.

I have done a little bit of searching in the past few days, but it hasn't really turned up all that much, so I'm kind of hoping that picking y'all's brains on the subject might yield a few more fruitful results. That being said, any information anyone might have, either for or against the existence of any such ability of Winamp would be most greatly appreciated.

Thanks
TrevorSaldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2019, 22:51   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
please clarify. where is your EQ? in winamp? hardware? what?

frankly i don't understand why or what you want to do? windows handles system sounds, other apps. why do you want game sounds or soundtracks to go thru winamp?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2019, 17:25   #3
Marcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
why do you want game sounds or soundtracks to go thru winamp?
why not?
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2019, 13:27   #4
kleopartitia

I'am trying to do the same thing...
kleopartitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2019, 19:10   #5
cybersaga

Winamp does support "Line-in" as an input. Ctrl+L and type in "linein://". That will listen for whatever is selected as the default recording device in Windows.

So the trick is to get Windows to send everything that is normally sent to the speakers sent to an input device. For example, this claims to do that: https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

Once you have a new input device, set it as the default in the Windows sound settings, and get Winamp to play from "linein://"

Gabe's Hacks - How to videos
Gabe's Code - Programming tips
cybersaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 15:19   #6
jameskotler

I want my keyboard hotkey to control winamp's volume

Hello guys.

My name is James. I am from Germany. I have a query. I have an external audio interface that controls pc's master volume. I want to able to control winamp's volume with the knob on my keyboard. Is it's possibe? kindly reply.
jameskotler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2019, 07:48   #7
roymerr

apps

I am also looking for this and trying to do the same thing here. If anyone knows complete details share it here. Looking for the best psn codes to use? Here you can check it here and get complete details. https://psncode.site
roymerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 16:34   #8
olorinjoyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskotler View Post
Hello guys.

My name is James. I am from Germany. I have a query. I have an external audio interface that controls pc's master volume. I want to able to control winamp's volume with the knob on my keyboard. Is it's possibe? kindly reply.
Yes, you can do that inside Winamp's preferences using hotkeys.
olorinjoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 16:40   #9
olorinjoyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorSaldana View Post
So, firstly, I'd like to say helloo, as I'm new to the subreddit, but as the title says, I'm looking to see if it's possible to route say, game audio through Winamp as though it were a hardware stereo receiver my computer was hooked up to, as I have what I like to think is a decent EQ, and game music in particular sounds really good through it to my ears.

I've thought about trying to figure out how to do this in the past, but until now, I never really got around to asking if it could be done. I'm using the latest 5.8 build of Winamp, so I have no clue if that'll have any bearing on what I want to do, or if I'll have to downgrade to the latest patched version of 5 triple 6.

I have done a little bit of searching in the past few days, but it hasn't really turned up all that much, so I'm kind of hoping that picking y'all's brains on the subject might yield a few more fruitful results. That being said, any information anyone might have, either for or against the existence of any such ability of Winamp would be most greatly appreciated.

Thanks
If you're talking about routing your PC audio back through Winamp as a loopback, then yes it's possible but it's not pretty or easy.
First you need a new soundcard. It SHOULD be a high quality one, because this will be used as an analogue input and output.
Next, you'll configure your applications to output sound as normal through the built in soundcard of your PC, and then use a cable to loop the output to the line input of the new soundcard.
Next, you'll use Winamp's line-in plugin by Ctrl+L and typing 'linein://' in Winamp, to open the audio stream. You may need to fuss around with the input default ordering in Windows until you hit the jackpot.
Finally, your Winamp output plugin should be set to output to the new soundcard - which is where you'll ultimately plug in your speakers or headphones.

There is a possibility, not much, but a possibility that can use "Stereo Mix" in Windows 7/8/10, but it's highly unlikely to work if I'm honest with you. You'd still need that separate soundcard and to disable all other mics and inputs on your machine.
olorinjoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2019, 06:50   #10
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i don't think "stereo mix" is available in the mixer after windows xp, but i could be wrong.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion