Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 16th December 2010, 08:51   #1
echoniner

Winamp (free vers.) does not transfer all files I select to my mp3 player

Any ideas why? It gives no errors, it just doesn't transfer some. I even tried setting all those I wanted to a playlist, and transfer that, and still winamp picks and chooses. It even picks and chooses files from the same ripped CD. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason. Is there some limit on the free version? Using Sandisk Sansa 4GB.
echoniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 09:51   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

It sounds more, like if you use the AutoFill feature under preferences > Media Library > Portable Devices.

How do you transfer the files to your player? Via the AutoFill button in the library or via right click menu > Send To > Portable Device?

The free version hasn't any limitation related to portable player support. Winamp pro only allows you to convert/rip files to MP3 faster ripping and burning and native MP4 video playback.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 17:25   #3
echoniner

Thanks for the reply. I just selected the songs or playlist I wanted, and dragged it over to the Sansa 4GB icon on the menutree on the left sidebar in winamp's Benito skin. I also tried right-clicking and sent to method, with same results.

I'm now traveling, with my Sansa, and I found that several of many of the few high-quality, pristine FLAC songs I tried to transfer (with conversion to AAC I believe) have lots of pops and clicks in them. I'm certain the originals are pop free. So a bad conversion on these.
echoniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
transfer