Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bsg75
    • Dec 2010

Sorry. I know there is a bug. It was only working with my C drive sync, syncing to a different drive failed. I just realized it and fixed it on my machine. Syncing to my Incredible right now.

Comment

• c00ller
      • Nov 2010

Originally Posted by bsg75 View Post
      Sorry. I know there is a bug. It was only working with my C drive sync, syncing to a different drive failed. I just realized it and fixed it on my machine. Syncing to my Incredible right now.
      Cool! So, does the version on the website include said fix?

Comment

• bsg75
        • Dec 2010

Originally Posted by c00ller View Post
        Cool! So, does the version on the website include said fix?

No. I had to shower and get to work this morning (when I discovered and fixed the problem). Tonight I'll compile and upload it. It will be version 0.5.0.1. I won't be home until maybe 10pm est.

Comment

• c00ller
          • Nov 2010

Originally Posted by bsg75 View Post
          No. I had to shower and get to work this morning (when I discovered and fixed the problem). Tonight I'll compile and upload it. It will be version 0.5.0.1. I won't be home until maybe 10pm est.
          Nice, take your time. I think you're doing a great service to the Android community, but the fact that the thread only exists in this little Android subforum of Winamp doesn't give everyone the chance to find it. I suggest you maybe share your app with Android news sites such as AndroidCentral. You will get a LOT more testers and feedback than this forum can offer.

Comment

• bsg75
            • Dec 2010

Nice, take your time. I think you're doing a great service to the Android community, but the fact that the thread only exists in this little Android subforum of Winamp doesn't give everyone the chance to find it. I suggest you maybe share your app with Android news sites such as AndroidCentral. You will get a LOT more testers and feedback than this forum can offer.
            Thanks for the words, c00ller. I am a member of AC (same user name). When I searched those forums before, no one seemed to be really complaining. That is why I chimed in here. If this test out OK, then I may start a thread there too.

So the latest version seems to be working correctly for all attached drives on Win7 and XP (bot 32bit). It may work on 64bit, but I can't test that to make sure. Go to the same page as before. The download link has been updated (says 0.5.0.1) Thanks again for your help here.

Comment

• c00ller
              • Nov 2010

I will give it a try and report back tomorrow.

Comment

• c00ller
                • Nov 2010

Darn. When I open the program I'm presented with an error message. The message and contents are attached at the bottom of this post.

When I click continue, the the program opens and I see my Winamp playlists on the left, but the select drive pull-down menu shows up blank (see other attached image).
                Attached Files

Comment

• bsg75
                  • Dec 2010

Darn. When I open the program I'm presented with an error message. The message and contents are attached at the bottom of this post.

When I click continue, the the program opens and I see my Winamp playlists on the left, but the select drive pull-down menu shows up blank (see other attached image).

Thanks. We're getting there. I'm looking into it. I fixed a compilation setting. That may have caused this particular error. I'll do a little more investigating and hopefully put up a new version later today.

Also, there is a log file in C:\mdutils\mdSync.log. In the future, please attach that too. It overwrites itself on every start up. That will help me debug future issues.

EDIT: I put version 0.5.0.2 on my site. I corrected some potential issues with how the installer was acting. I didn't cause a problem on my machine, but maybe it did on yours (?). Again, I appreciate the feedback.
                  Last edited by bsg75; 6 February 2011, 18:10.

Comment

• c00ller
                    • Nov 2010

I just installed 0.5.0.2. I get the same error message upon startup. As before, I get a blank pull down menu when trying to select my sdcard drive.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• bsg75
                      • Dec 2010

I just installed 0.5.0.2. I get the same error message upon startup. As before, I get a blank pull down menu when trying to select my sdcard drive.

Thanks. I think the problem has to do with you having a 64 bit machine. I am ripping out the control that was causing the problem and putting that code directly into the form that is working fine. I thought it would be easier if I reused a control, but it was more of a hassle than it was worth anyway. This will completely take the problem control out of the equation. I'll turn it around as soon as I can.

Comment

• bsg75
                        • Dec 2010

Hi again

I updated it again. Version 0.5.0.3 is on my site. You can use the previous link, as always (http://mikedepaul.com/Articles.aspx?artID=101)

New in this build:
                        I got rid of the control that was causing the problem. Now all the code is in the main form (and some classes). These were working fine before and should continue to be fine. I don't expect any more odd errors like we were seeing before. K.I.S.S is the lesson here, for me.

Future:
                        I have a few enhancements in mind to make this more user-friendly, but for now I just hope it works as well for everyone else as it is for me.

Comment

• c00ller
                          • Nov 2010

With 0.5.0.3 I don't get any error messages when opening the program, and I can select any drive I want!

However, the sync function doesn't seem to be working correctly. No matter how many playlists I added to the sync list, it would only sync some of one playlist, and none of any of the others, then say Sync complete. Attached is the log file, but I don't know how helpful it would be.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• bsg75
                            • Dec 2010

With 0.5.0.3 I don't get any error messages when opening the program, and I can select any drive I want!

However, the sync function doesn't seem to be working correctly. No matter how many playlists I added to the sync list, it would only sync some of one playlist, and none of any of the others, then say Sync complete. Attached is the log file, but I don't know how helpful it would be.
                            If you have any old versions of mdSync installed, uninstall them and re-install the newest one.

OK. We are getting close. It should be automatically creating \Music\mdSync\ folders in the root of the drive. For some reason it's not doing that for your system, it seems. Can you manually create them and try again? That should make it so you can sync to other drives. I see it not finding these directories:

C:\Music\mdSync
                            F:\Music\mdSync

There is code in place to create these automatically if they don't already exist, but I have been testing as an Admin on this machine. Hmmm.
                            I'm going to add more logging. Let me know if you see those folders on your drives right now. If not, please manually add them and try the sync again. You could also first try running mdSync as an admin and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

• c00ller
                              • Nov 2010

After my previous post, some songs and one playlist m3u file were inside F:\Music\mdSync. I did not find a C:\Music\mdSync directory created, however.

I created C:\Music\mdSync before opening mdSync and got the same results. Attached is a log and screenshot showing that it only synced 15 out of 20 songs of my playlist, "New". Repeatedly clicking on sync just says it keeps all the files and "Sync complete," it never adds the remaining 5 songs.

BTW, I decided to just test with my flash drive (G instead of my Android phone for convenience.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• c00ller
                                • Nov 2010

I fiddled around some more and found out that many of my playlists do not sync a single song. Check the log... It was odd though, I wanted to see what would happen if I chose my entire "Music" playlist.. and it started syncing, but I didn't want to see how far it went.

Edit: this is truly strange. I realized it might be a problem that Winamp was running in the background, so I decided to close it. To my pleasant surprise, my "New" playlist synced all 20 songs! However, it cannot seem to sync any song from any other playlist >_< (See mdSynclog2 for details)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X